PDA

View Full Version : Diet

Aces
21-05-2010, 06:19 PM
This summer, seeing as I have nothing more productive to do, I will try to lose all my extra tummy fat in hopes of revealing a six pack. I know that cardio and diet are very important factors, but I can't find any info on what to eat! What are the yea's and nay's when it comes to a six pack. Breakfast? Lunch? Dinner? What if i get a sweet-craving? I heard that sugar is a big no-no. If anyone has any diet plan please share it with me.

I've been running 4 miles 3-4 times a week for the past 8 months and I plan to start running 8miles a day for the next 3 months. I'm not sure if that's a great idea? Should i have break-days? If so, how many per week?

Also, how important are ab exercises? What kind should i do and how many?

Soy
23-05-2010, 05:25 PM
oats, egg whites, chicken breast, tinned tuna, nuts << types of foods you should be eating

Stay away from simple sugars/ saturates. Don't cut out fat completely, 60g of nuts a day will get all the monounsatures you'l need.

Honestly I wouldn't do that much cardio.

Try eating 500 calories under maintenence a week and perhaps do three runs / week.

Ab excercises.. well honestly it's hard to gain any notible mass on your abs so mainly do them to burn calories. I'd reccommend crunches leg pumps etc

Hitman
23-05-2010, 07:20 PM
Soy gives some good advice. Don't cut out tonnes of fat, make sure you eat some otherwise your body thinks "what the hell?" and burns of everything else before the fat. Then when you do eat fat it goes straight back onto your stomach. :P

Depending on your size I'm not certain of your daily calorie intake, but I imagine it's around 2000 - 2500. Try and eat 1400 - 1800 per day and do exercise - 10 mins walking is roughly 50 calories, and walking is good for fat burning. At the end of the day just balance the calories.

Don't run everyday, run maybe 4 times per week and give yourself a break.

Eat cucumber - only 10 calories per 100 grams, whereas crisps are like 200 - 300 calories per 30 grams!

Plurms
23-05-2010, 07:35 PM
Go to the gym
Eat protien food
Eat salad
Er
Other Stuff Too
Hope this helps.
:D :P :eusa_danc

Aces
24-05-2010, 04:02 PM
thanks guys!

Soy
24-05-2010, 08:04 PM
thanks guys!

no prob but dont just focus on your core, try and build muscle everywhere in proportion

Wig44.
24-05-2010, 08:46 PM
Some misdirection here imo. I personally reject the theory of:
saturated fat = bad
polyunsaturated = good
carbohydrates = good

It's the opposite, polyunsaturated fat and carbs are bad and sat fat is good, monounsaturated fat is benign. Cholesterol is fine also.
http://www.second-opinions.co.uk/cardiovascular.html
http://www.paleonu.com/ - loads of links here too, paleolithic eaters who prove fat is good, carbs (grains especially) are bad.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!