PDA

View Full Version : Windows 7 just de activated :S

awelsh
21-05-2010, 08:07 PM
Hey, I just went downstairs to get a cup of tea, came back up and noticed the start bar was all black, and it now says in the bottom right that my copy of windows is no longer genuine :S

Does anyone have a fix/crack to this? Did some googling but found nothing much really, if I cant get it fixed ill just have to push it back onto XP I suppose.

Recursion
21-05-2010, 08:09 PM
Look for a crack at your neighbourhood torrent/warez/usenet site.

awelsh
21-05-2010, 08:14 PM
Was having a browse and they all seem to be cracked versions that require re installs, just found one though and will give it a bash now :)

Hitman
21-05-2010, 08:15 PM
MSDN key? They cracked down.

RemoveWAT 2.0, find that, it works.

awelsh
21-05-2010, 08:16 PM
Found Chew WGA 0.9, ill try RemoveWAT 2.0 now though :)

awelsh
21-05-2010, 08:44 PM
Sorry for double post, Remove WAT 2.0 or 2.2.5 didnt work, they start fine but then hang and an error message pops up saying it was disallowed access to a file.

Any other help available? Im thinking I might have download another full version and do a re install?

N!ck
21-05-2010, 08:46 PM
Look for something called "Windows 7 loader" ;).

Sam
21-05-2010, 08:50 PM
I used RemoveWAT 2.2 on my copy of ultimate and it was fine ;] I can give you a link to the one which worked for me. Just PM me :)

Recursion
21-05-2010, 08:51 PM
You need to run it as an Administrator (right click)

awelsh
21-05-2010, 08:53 PM
Look for something called "Windows 7 loader" ;).

Thanks, ill have a look now :)

I used RemoveWAT 2.2 on my copy of ultimate and it was fine ;] I can give you a link to the one which worked for me. Just PM me :)

Ive got the right version, its just not running properly :S

You need to run it as an Administrator (right click)

I have done on all versions, still fails. It might be the copy of windows, it messed up when installing but nothing seemed to go wrong, but windows media player fails to work rather alot along with some other things so maybe something is corrupt.

The Professor
21-05-2010, 09:43 PM
Tbh just get windows easy transfer to grab your stuff and find a pre-cracked version of 7, I'm sure the fresh install will do you good anyway!

Casio
24-05-2010, 07:51 PM
As stated above, try and install a pre-cracked fresh version, I had the same problem as you and redone it with a pre-cracked version and worked, Good Luck!

Stephen
24-05-2010, 10:39 PM
The reason why it deactivated is probably because you installed the windows update that does it. I've just been notified to install the update too:

Update for Windows 7 (KB971033)

Download size: 1.2 MB

Update type: Important

This update to Windows Activation Technologies detects activation exploits and tampering to key Windows system files. These exploits try to bypass regular Windows activation and are sometimes included within counterfeit copies of Windows.

More information:
http://www.microsoft.com/genuine

Help and Support:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=161784

Don't set windows to install updates automatically if that's what happened

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!