PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy a Macbook Pro battery?

Apolva
25-05-2010, 03:50 PM
Does anyone know where to get a new, decent macbook pro battery (early 2008 model - not unibody)?

Apple's are really expensive, and by the look of the reviews, aren't great as good as the originals.

I've read about FastMac's supposedly longer-lasting ones, but they're in USD and when changed to GBP = £0.00 :P (and there's $25 shipping).

What about the ones on ebay? They say they're "authentic" but half look fake, and I don't want to waste money :/

Recursion
25-05-2010, 04:01 PM
Does anyone know where to get a new, decent macbook pro battery (early 2008 model - not unibody)?

Apple's are really expensive, and by the look of the reviews, aren't great as good as the originals.

I've read about FastMac's supposedly longer-lasting ones, but they're in USD and when changed to GBP = £0.00 :P (and there's $25 shipping).

What about the ones on ebay? They say they're "authentic" but half look fake, and I don't want to waste money :/

Personally I wouldn't bother buying a battery off eBay, I'd just find an Authorised Apple Reseller or something and check their prices against Apple's.

Apolva
25-05-2010, 06:11 PM
Thing is, with Apple's being £99, they probably couldn't go below, say, £75?

Also they (apparently) deteriorate much more quickly than the original ones (according to reviews).

millermil121
26-05-2010, 06:16 AM
apple store might have

Recursion
26-05-2010, 06:26 AM
apple store might have

http://skitch.*****.co.uk/0981.jpg

MattFr
26-05-2010, 10:56 AM
It's an Apple product, what do you expect? When you purchased the product you should have taken this into consideration. Just buy the £99 battery, or get one that doesn't last for less money, it's not really a difficult choice.

Apolva
26-05-2010, 02:27 PM
It's an Apple product, what do you expect? When you purchased the product you should have taken this into consideration. Just buy the £99 battery, or get one that doesn't last for less money, it's not really a difficult choice.

No, the problem is the replacement apple ones don't last very long.

MattFr
26-05-2010, 02:45 PM
No, the problem is the replacement apple ones don't last very long.

Do you need a battery or not? Just buy a god damn battery.

Apolva
26-05-2010, 02:49 PM
Do you need a battery or not? Just buy a god damn battery.

I'm going to get a new battery, but need help with which one.

Recursion
26-05-2010, 03:18 PM
I'm going to get a new battery, but need help with which one.

It's all ********, they're probably made in the same factory as the one that came with your MacBook

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!