PDA

View Full Version : Slim 16GB Memory Sticks

Tintinnabulate
26-05-2010, 07:27 AM
Dell just sent me one. Its unbelievable how small they are and thin. I was just thinking a month ago as to what would replace the USB and the slim usb's are amazing. I was confused when I first looked at it because the end of it is plastic. Its really good and not that expensive either.

http://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-SPORwaRNKfXWmFvomJDAfz7fMHP6gPKtTcWUhTXcti7wy8LMrB CDM9UcOkH9_i4pnZ9FbZh1rEgrS5nUTQyXL1qqmiJ-JH4eVUDvT7cVs_7lev86qWblpziFdAL6Hd9cU-SApZp6pJjdjnHz2eWtx8Txya237zq4ogZ_xVtwQe8_HFk

MattFr
26-05-2010, 08:14 AM
Cool story bro.

Edited by Catzsy (Forum Super Moderator): Please stay on the topic of the thread.

Tintinnabulate
26-05-2010, 08:30 AM
Cool story bro.

I would rather if you don't have anything proper to say that you don't post just to increase your post count...

MattFr
26-05-2010, 08:59 AM
I would rather if you don't have anything proper to say that you don't post just to increase your post count...

Cool story bro.

Edited by Catzsy (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not make pointless posts.

Blinger$
26-05-2010, 09:43 AM
Cool story bro.
agreed tbh. they have been out for a while now.

Tintinnabulate
26-05-2010, 10:34 AM
agreed tbh. they have been out for a while now.

I didnt know :(. I haven't really bought one for ages so never really looked in to them. Oh well.

xxMATTGxx
26-05-2010, 10:49 AM
They look pretty slim but I would be worried about losing such a small device. I don't think USB will be fully replaced by something else yet, considering we now have USB 3.0.

Interesting connection we may see more of soon:

http://pcper.com/images/reviews/923/05.jpg

Although we won't know if that will kick off yet as its only seen on the OCZ Enyo at the moment. (I think)

Tintinnabulate
26-05-2010, 11:03 AM
They look pretty slim but I would be worried about losing such a small device. I don't think USB will be fully replaced by something else yet, considering we now have USB 3.0.

Interesting connection we may see more of soon:

http://pcper.com/images/reviews/923/05.jpg

Although we won't know if that will kick off yet as its only seen on the OCZ Enyo at the moment. (I think)

The slim USB is slimmer than that :P

xxMATTGxx
26-05-2010, 11:10 AM
The slim USB is slimmer than that :P

How slim can it go? ;)

Barmi
26-05-2010, 11:46 AM
Yeah I have one of those tiny ones so I keep it on my keys. It's water resistant so I really don't worry about it. Go-go gadget keys.

Recursion
26-05-2010, 03:20 PM
Cool story bro.

Intel lightpeak will outdo USB at some point, standard copper connections are out, light is in.

The Professor
26-05-2010, 04:23 PM
Cool story bro.

Intel lightpeak will outdo USB at some point, standard copper connections are out, light is in.

When the sun goes out, man will be constantly transferring an mp3 back and forward to his external hard drive to keep the room lit :)

Casio
26-05-2010, 07:12 PM
How much was this, i need a bigger one

iJoe
26-05-2010, 07:48 PM
Yeah I have one of those tiny ones so I keep it on my keys. It's water resistant so I really don't worry about it. Go-go gadget keys.

hehe

they look pretty cool, did they just give you it?? I'd defo end up loosing / breaking it though

JACKTARD
26-05-2010, 08:20 PM
i doubt laptops will start coming out without the USB things in any time soon like how they couldnt take floppy disks quite quickly. Loads of devices use USB. Never seen one of those slim ones before though.

xzl.
26-05-2010, 08:34 PM
loose it within days lol, i prefer having a usb stick that i can feel in my pocket so i know its not lost but im sure some people would prefer that one :)

Barmi
26-05-2010, 09:36 PM
loose it within days lol, i prefer having a usb stick that i can feel in my pocket so i know its not lost but im sure some people would prefer that one :)
The OP chose to show an ugly-looking one. There are more attractive ones of the same size which go fine on a set of keys, in a wallet, on a necklace, on a bracelet, or countless other places without fear of losing it.

Edit: Lightpeak is fine and dandy, but it's not something we should set our hearts on too soon. USB 3.0 is go-go-go. New technology will have its day eventually.

Shawnstra
27-05-2010, 10:03 AM
It's amazing how flash drives have evolved. My first was a 1GB priced at about 50 pounds (160 singapore dollars at that time's exchange rate), now they're littered all around. Although, these are smaller! (http://www.liliputing.com/2009/06/buffalo-16gb-thumb-drive-might-be-the-smallest-ever.html)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!