http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=67207

rare values reporter - 0 posts
http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=70183

rare value reporter - 0 posts
http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=70165

sorry but LOL? are yous just hiring anyone

dirrty
26-05-2010, 02:33 PM
i thought there had to be a minimum number of posts? or is that only for moderation dept. idk

immense
26-05-2010, 02:34 PM
i reckon we could all get a job by making a new acc on a proxy and doing an ok application lol, soo easy.

hah
26-05-2010, 02:34 PM
yeah i already have a job but i made sure to leave my clone account out lol ;l

Tintinnabulate
26-05-2010, 02:36 PM
whats interesting is some of their join dates.

events staff - 6posts
http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=48694

hah
26-05-2010, 02:38 PM
and for rares dont you need reports to get a job lol?
surly they should have some posts from that

Tintinnabulate
26-05-2010, 02:39 PM
so for DJ if they just send in an app and sound OK, is that enough :S

Grig
26-05-2010, 02:53 PM
There are actually no requirements in terms of posts to get a job (unless your a mod). However, being active around the forums I'm sure are parts of the rules in some departments and I do feel need to be encouraged more.

Tintinnabulate
26-05-2010, 02:55 PM
There are actually no requirements in terms of posts to get a job (unless your a mod). However, being active around the forums I'm sure are parts of the rules in some departments and I do feel need to be encouraged more.

I can understand forum has little to do with HxL but RVR does.

scott
26-05-2010, 03:01 PM
so for DJ if they just send in an app and sound OK, is that enough :S
Huh? Why do they need to use the forum to be a DJ :S

As longs there application is ok and they have a forum account it's fine. They are not required to have xxx amount of posts don't know any fansites were you do..

Although it is encouraged that they do post around the forum by AGMs!

immense
26-05-2010, 03:02 PM
rvrs dont need posts.

they need posts in staff forums and are hired through application nowadays because unlike when i was manager nobody wants to be rare values staff.

Hecktix
26-05-2010, 03:03 PM
I think the amount of posting by staff in some departments is absolutely appalling.

Robbie
26-05-2010, 03:04 PM
lol didnt jess have no posts except threads in announcements at one point for ages when she was super mod and hxl manager

Shar
26-05-2010, 03:06 PM
I didn't start posting until last month...

Tintinnabulate
26-05-2010, 03:13 PM
I didn't start posting until last month...

Weird I replied to this but it didnt show up :S
HxHD hires on the basis of your activity in the room, forum has little to do with it. However for RVR, you need to post lots of reports first (or did have to in the old days) to get hired.

Grig
26-05-2010, 03:15 PM
Nowadays rare values also goes by applications, but I agree that's what used to happen and it shows people can actually dedicate the time, as well as being active around the forums- really wanting the job. News did the same thing too- hiring people who posted good articles in the Habbo news and rumours forums, however applications do the job for us nowadays.

GommeInc
26-05-2010, 03:16 PM
I don't see the problem? If they can DJ, then that's all anyone should care about :/ Seeing as they are the voice of Habbox (in some respects), they do not necessarily need to have posts to show they're in touch with the HxF audience, seeing as that is technically the main piece of the Habbox Radio DJ cake :P

Shar
Weird I replied to this but it didnt show up :S
HxHD hires on the basis of your activity in the room, forum has little to do with it. However for RVR, you need to post lots of reports first (or did have to in the old days) to get hired.
That's right.
Personally I think all staff should post on the forum on a regular basis regardless if your HxHD or RVR because you're still habbox staff...

immense
saurav

i've
explained
people
dont
wna
be
rvrs
anymore
so
they
use
apps

Tintinnabulate
26-05-2010, 03:18 PM
saurav

i've
explained
people
dont
wna
be
rvrs
anymore
so
they
use
apps

jake

that
is
why
i
put
this

(or did have to in the old days)

immense
26-05-2010, 03:19 PM
hey guys 8freak8 is general manager (well used to be)

hah
26-05-2010, 03:20 PM
Surely having djs post and get to know people rather than stay to their own group in the staff forum would benefit Hxl listener numbers. Look how many tuned into Richie that dont normally tune in because he got to know people and posts

Tintinnabulate
26-05-2010, 03:23 PM
hey guys 8freak8 is general manager (well used to be)

I didn't read your post, big deal. I did say I wasn't sure in my post so whats the problem :S :S.

immense
26-05-2010, 03:23 PM
I didn't read your post, big deal. I did say I wasn't sure in my post so whats the problem :S :S.

saurav is a smod

(well used to be)

Tintinnabulate
26-05-2010, 03:27 PM
saurav is a smod

(well used to be)

You seem to fail to understand the simple difference there. There you know for sure I used to be. In my post it clearly suggests I am not sure if its the same anymore.

immense
26-05-2010, 03:40 PM
omg lmao!!!!!!

hxf iz srs#

Edited by iAdam (Forum Super Moderator); Please do not post pointlessly.

HotelUser
26-05-2010, 03:44 PM
I like to see staff posting on the forum. I think dropping reminders and encouragement for staff to post is good.

I would not go as far as to call staff posting appalling. For one, there are many active staff on the forum. Also, I could say that there's not many forum moderators who listen to HXL.

Nixt
26-05-2010, 04:26 PM
Apparently my decision to approve certain staff members as staff is becoming constantly under fire in the past few days :P. When I choose to approve the hiring of staff, I do so because the Department Managers have chosen them as the better members out of the applications. Posting is not a requirement. Indeed, since I have started updating the job openings page we have had more members return to the forum and even some people signing up just to apply. I will reiterate - before they are hired, staff do not need a certain amount of posts! Although some departments, such as competitions and the forum, choose to ensure members are active around the forum. Providing they can do the job properly, they can be hired.

When people become staff, it is a different matter. Members of staff are encouraged to post and should be doing so. I have made it my clear desire to make sure members of staff are posting and I will be doing my best to increase this in the near future and in particular across the summer. I have seen some staff, DJs in particular, increase their posting on public forum and we must also take into consideration they do need time to do their Habbox jobs.

Richie
26-05-2010, 04:30 PM
They do post, they just stick to their department spam threads its stupid each department shouldn't have a 'spam thread' its just singling 'groups' off. I bet you if there was no spam threads, staff would know more of the actual spam users.

immense
26-05-2010, 04:31 PM
if garion quits half the forum quits

plz keep him happy

Tintinnabulate
26-05-2010, 04:31 PM
They do post, they just stick to their department spam threads its stupid each department shouldn't have a 'spam thread' its just singling 'groups' off.

Isnt the spam threads just for a bit of fun though to bring the dept closer and so they can hopefully get to know each other better.

Richie
26-05-2010, 04:36 PM
Isnt the spam threads just for a bit of fun though to bring the dept closer and so they can hopefully get to know each other better.

yeah, but they already have a giant spam thread for all departments, I don't understand the use for them but fair enough.

Molly.22
26-05-2010, 04:41 PM
I would of thought you would want to hire some people who are new to Habbox? I think they should be told to post around the forum more.

hah
26-05-2010, 04:42 PM
why? its clearly not getting them to post

Tintinnabulate
26-05-2010, 04:52 PM
why? its clearly not getting them to post

In the hope new staff become the future? Not sure. But maybe if a limit is set so you need x posts before you can be staff, they might start posting so they can apply?

Nixt
26-05-2010, 04:54 PM
In the hope new staff become the future? Not sure. But maybe if a limit is set so you need x posts before you can be staff, they might start posting so they can apply?

Some departments struggle to find adequate staff when they open applications for everyone. This would be unreasonable. I started as a News Reporter and signed up specifically because I had to see the staff forums - look at me now. There is no reason to say brand new members shouldn't be able to become members of staff, providing they are encouraged to post when they do so.

Hecktix
26-05-2010, 04:57 PM
To be fair jobs are always what have brought people to Habbox, the issue is they need to start posting when they are staff.

Garion has pushed this a lot and I wish the single Department Managers would because it would work well, I push my mods and I know Roxy pushes the events staff to post.

Recently we've seen a few DJs posting around a lot which I am happy to see, I think the thing is they just need to establish themselves around the forums - it's quite daunting to just start posting when there are a lot of established members around.

What pisses me off beyond belief is the imbeciles in the spam forum who moan and make horrible comments when DJs post, it's disgusting and in all honesty unless these people start to take heed of moderators advice, I don't blame staff for not posting.

marriott0.01
26-05-2010, 04:58 PM
I should be fired for too little posts irl.

Tintinnabulate
26-05-2010, 04:58 PM
To be fair jobs are always what have brought people to Habbox, the issue is they need to start posting when they are staff.

Garion has pushed this a lot and I wish the single Department Managers would because it would work well, I push my mods and I know Roxy pushes the events staff to post.

Recently we've seen a few DJs posting around a lot which I am happy to see, I think the thing is they just need to establish themselves around the forums - it's quite daunting to just start posting when there are a lot of established members around.

What pisses me off beyond belief is the imbeciles in the spam forum who moan and make horrible comments when DJs post, it's disgusting and in all honesty unless these people start to take heed of moderators advice, I don't blame staff for not posting.

Should just ban them straight away as most of them ignore mods.

scott
26-05-2010, 05:01 PM

I couldn't agree more, you made the thread Graham but you know fine well if they posted in say spam, they would just be told to get out the spam section. If it was me i certainly wouldn't want to post in there again.

Tintinnabulate
26-05-2010, 05:03 PM
I couldn't agree more, you made the thread Graham but you know fine well if they posted in say spam, they would just be told to get out the spam section. If it was me i certainly wouldn't want to post in there again.

If you arent part of their err circle or whatever, you just get bullied. No wonder people dont go in General.

immense
26-05-2010, 05:05 PM
they should become part of this supposed circle then. no forum is exclusive. i don't speak to anyone in spam off this forum and therefore don't know them and i still post as and when i please. it's just assumed you're going to get picked on, when realistically unless you're an idiot, you won't be.

hah
26-05-2010, 05:05 PM
Your post count doesnt go up in spam so even if they did post there they would still have 0-4 posts. Its also only like two or three people that do it in spam

Hecktix
26-05-2010, 05:06 PM
they should become part of this supposed circle then. no forum is exclusive. i don't speak to anyone in spam off this forum and therefore don't know them and i still post as and when i please. it's just assumed you're going to get picked on, when realistically unless you're an idiot, you won't be.

I was talking of examples of where people have explicitly said "get out of spam" etc.

Richie
26-05-2010, 05:07 PM

i jus do it for the lols nd its only cos they post like

'any1 want two playing habbo withme and oil? serch :jim:'

immense
26-05-2010, 05:09 PM
Oli, people in spam criticise habbo players, djs, everyone really. I take the banter that I play habbo and act like a drama queen. Graham takes it he's Irish (lol irish). Leah takes it about her forehead (5head ;l). Tom about his age (200). Just a few examples, it's a forum where people generally give and take. There have been threads like no habbo all the time yet I happily post things about Habbo.

Richie
26-05-2010, 05:11 PM
Oli, people in spam criticise habbo players, djs, everyone really. I take the banter that I play habbo and act like a drama queen. Graham takes it he's Irish (lol irish). Leah takes it about her forehead (5head ;l). Tom about his age (200). Just a few examples, it's a forum where people generally give and take. There have been threads like no habbo all the time yet I happily post things about Habbo.

i dnt agree with gay people much but THIS.

i get slagged all the time but thts the fun part

W00TZEH
26-05-2010, 05:14 PM
not my fault their posts make me cringeeeeeeeeee

Stephen
26-05-2010, 05:22 PM
*REMOVED*

Edited by Oil (Forum Oil): Please do not make inappropriate posts

Angel-Light
26-05-2010, 05:23 PM
So on the basis that Habbox should hire people who have a decent post count then there wouldn't be that many staff. Heck i wouldn't have been staff back in the day as after 5 years I have only just reached 1000 posts.

A forum often doesn't require the need to post excessively and a lot of people like to lurk (as I do on other forums) mainly because there aren't any real topics which interest me to reply to or the answer has already been given therefore pointless to give exact same answer.

At the end of the day everyone has the right to choose if they wish to post or not, nobody can be forced to post more if they don't want to :)

Kieran
26-05-2010, 05:36 PM
What difference does post count make? I have a decent amount of posts and I was a DJ.... I didn't get more listeners etc than anyone else. The forum is a separate entity to the radio....

Sharon
26-05-2010, 06:46 PM
^ not always...

using Richie as eg. again his show was actually much much more popular because people from forum listened in more.

staff need to communicate with the community, for example showing their face in HxHD which some staff haven't even heard about or even more importantly, forum.

AgnesIO
26-05-2010, 07:15 PM
Staff should have a requirement to post at least like once a day.. Thats how it always used to be, and didn't we like only just start a campaign where staff should be role models, welcoming new members an stuff. I see that was enforced well.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!