The Professor
27-05-2010, 01:39 PM
The overline doesn't even work on opera so I don't notice it :P

hah
27-05-2010, 01:42 PM
Yeah i use opera as well but that sneaky line is there

AgnesIO
27-05-2010, 03:52 PM
Good suggestion Graham. It is pretty ugly with the line (not a HUGE thing but still would be nice for it not to be there) Especially as the line just seem to be floating there - it isn't even resting on the text? :P

Mr-Trainor
27-05-2010, 03:55 PM
Yea, I remember telling someone about this a few weeks ago (can't remember who) and was wondering why it has the two lines :S

Kieran
27-05-2010, 03:58 PM
Hmm... what two lines. Can't see anything xD

AgnesIO
27-05-2010, 03:59 PM
Hmm... what two lines. Can't see anything xD

If you are looking at his post that is a screenshot of what he wants it to look like :P

Look at mine and his username

Kieran
27-05-2010, 04:00 PM
If you are looking at his post that is a screenshot of what he wants it to look like :P

Look at mine and his username

Ohhh... the username. I was looking at the badge. I just assumed you wanted your names to look like that! xD

AgnesIO
27-05-2010, 04:01 PM
Ohhh... the username. I was looking at the badge. I just assumed you wanted your names to look like that! xD

Noo the red Admin badge is from the thread about userbars :)

He just edited the same screenshot :P

Hecktix
27-05-2010, 04:25 PM
The Christmas VIP was always sold with overline as part of the VIP, we won't be changing it as it's what you bought at the time :)

It is, perhaps an opportunity for future VIPs.

AgnesIO
27-05-2010, 04:53 PM
The Christmas VIP was always sold with overline as part of the VIP, we won't be changing it as it's what you bought at the time :)

That is such a lame reason Oli..

No offence to you, but it is a dumb reason for keeping it lol I signed up to habbox not wanting emerald stars, and at the time I signed up for the ruby stars I would be on. (Just pointing out that the excuse given there can be used for everything lol)

Posts Merged by MattGarner (General Manager): Due to forum lag.

immense
27-05-2010, 04:55 PM
wow android moaning lol what are the odds?!

anyway, i don't see how it makes any different. when it was originally sold it was part of the deal. maybe some people got it to be the only group to have a different name... who knows

AgnesIO
27-05-2010, 04:56 PM
wow android moaning lol what are the odds?!

anyway, i don't see how it makes any different. when it was originally sold it was part of the deal. maybe some people got it to be the only group to have a different name... who knows

To point out in most the feedback posts I have replied to today I haven't moaned, just pointing it out Jake. With all due respect 'suggestions' will virtually always be the same as moaning about something..

Blinger$
27-05-2010, 09:07 PM

It was brought up in a thread recently that they are willing to remove VIP features without any prior notice (cant remember where right now), but it seems you guys are quite reluctant to add them..

thanks a lot, guys :)

Hecktix
27-05-2010, 09:11 PM
It was brought up in a thread recently that they are willing to remove VIP features without any prior notice (cant remember where right now), but it seems you guys are quite reluctant to add them..

thanks a lot, guys :)

Why change something which only a few users have when in future we can just change it for the next set of VIP or use it for different VIP which all users can have the opportunity to get? Makes more sense to me.

AgnesIO
27-05-2010, 09:13 PM
Why change something which only a few users have when in future we can just change it for the next set of VIP or use it for different VIP which all users can have the opportunity to get? Makes more sense to me.

Oh so we are now being punished for giving more to charity than others?

hah
27-05-2010, 09:13 PM
because some people bought 2+ years of it and they weill keep buying it when its released at xmas

Hecktix
27-05-2010, 09:14 PM
Well if we remove the line at christmas for the new VIP maybe more people will buy it? ;)

Blinger$
27-05-2010, 09:15 PM
Well if we remove the line at christmas for the new VIP maybe more people will buy it? ;)

i doubt it. the same people will buy it imo because they know that it is hard to come by.

AgnesIO
28-05-2010, 06:55 AM

They won't though Oli.

It's like the same people that buy it each time.. so are ou suggesting I have to have the lines on my name until May 2011 because 'when I bought it that's what it was'?

W00TZEH
28-05-2010, 08:10 AM
bloody hell, does it really bother you that much? the things people moan about in here are sooooooo stupid

Black_Apalachi
29-05-2010, 07:13 PM
That is such a lame reason Oli..

No offence to you, but it is a dumb reason for keeping it lol I signed up to habbox not wanting emerald stars, and at the time I signed up for the ruby stars I would be on. (Just pointing out that the excuse given there can be used for everything lol)

Posts Merged by MattGarner (General Manager): Due to forum lag.

It's a perfect legitimate reason. What's dumb is purchasing/choosing the one and only VIP colour that has an over-line when there are plenty of others to choose from and you can clearly see what you're getting, then moaning about it afterwards.

immense
29-05-2010, 08:17 PM
It's a perfect legitimate reason. What's dumb is purchasing/choosing the one and only VIP colour that has an over-line when there are plenty of others to choose from and you can clearly see what you're getting, then moaning about it afterwards.

That defeats the point in feedback though you could apply that to everything. "Why change the user ranks, they were like that when people signed up" "why change the rep system" etc etc.

hah
29-05-2010, 08:26 PM

vip isnt available and they only sell one colour when it is :rolleyes:

AgnesIO
29-05-2010, 09:17 PM

Name me all the colours available in terms of VIP this week.

Black_Apalachi
30-05-2010, 12:12 AM
Don't remember saying there was any available this week. :S

That defeats the point in feedback though you could apply that to everything. "Why change the user ranks, they were like that when people signed up" "why change the rep system" etc etc.

Fair comment but it's not exactly a valid argument to compare such a minor detail to the likes of user ranks and the rep system which are an intricate part of the forum and are used by everybody. In any case my response was influenced by the nature of the opening post which didn't seem like very good quality feedback if I'm honest.

immense
30-05-2010, 12:14 AM
I think people are more than entitled to try and get change on the forum that benefits them. I can see both sides of the argument here. Graham and XMAS VIP peeps think it looks better, others think they purchased it like that and it doesn't benefit many so it's unnecessary change.

Youch
30-05-2010, 01:05 AM
Yeah it does look ugly with the bar above!

Black_Apalachi
30-05-2010, 02:33 AM
Personally I always thought it just added to the prestigiousness of it :P

Hecktix
30-05-2010, 10:29 AM

If you bought something in real life, say... a mobile phone.
Then 6 months later, you realised that this phone would look better in a different colour, or with a different design.

You can't take it back to the shop and ask them to change it? As you purchased it in the first place knowing what you were buying.

AgnesIO
30-05-2010, 11:36 AM
Oli its totally different to that though. This is a forum, that is a mobile phone. People buy things in shops and bring them back?

Anyone without xmas vip (well mainly) will say don't change.. why don't you try listening to those who actually have it.

Hecktix
30-05-2010, 01:01 PM
Oli its totally different to that though. This is a forum, that is a mobile phone. People buy things in shops and bring them back?

Anyone without xmas vip (well mainly) will say don't change.. why don't you try listening to those who actually have it.

It's not different at all, you buy something knowing precisely what you are buying, if we were to change it now we could even recieve complaints along the lines of "well I was never given the chance to buy Christmas VIP without a line? So if you are changing it give me chance to buy it now"

hah
30-05-2010, 01:51 PM
It's not different at all, you buy something knowing precisely what you are buying, if we were to change it now we could even recieve complaints along the lines of "well I was never given the chance to buy Christmas VIP without a line? So if you are changing it give me chance to buy it now"

Just lol, really. No one is gonna complain about not being given the chance to bye xmas vip without the line :rolleyes:.
*Removed*

Edited by Catzsy (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not be rude to others.

Hecktix
30-05-2010, 07:21 PM
Just lol, really. No one is gonna complain about not being given the chance to bye xmas vip without the line :rolleyes:. You're always saying Habbox isn't a big company, yet you're comparing a ******* silly line under a name to a phone? Maybe you're just to lazy to remove it or whatever, because you just keep coming out with stupid reasons.
Is it even your department :S

I have a say within all things regarding the Forum, y'know Forum Manager & tings.

I will mention removing the line when we release Xmas VIP for 2010, but for now - you bought it with the line.

hah
30-05-2010, 08:13 PM
*Removed*

Edited by Catzsy (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not be so be rude to others.

AgnesIO
30-05-2010, 09:47 PM

I like how you ignored my point. Very mart, after you realised my point was also valid. Let's say it again: You can buy clothes in a shop, then 6 days later bring them back for any reason.

The general point is though, it would take about 5 seconds to change, you are just being selfish.

*Removed*

Edited by Catzsy (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not be rude to others.

Hecktix
30-05-2010, 09:48 PM
I like how you ignored my point. Very mart, after you realised my point was also valid. Let's say it again: You can buy clothes in a shop, then 6 days later bring them back for any reason.

The general point is though, it would take about 5 seconds to change, you are just being selfish.

And as Graham said the sooner you leave the better - it would be nice to have someone with a brain cell in. Jamesy would be an ideal replacement.

6 days is a bit different to 6 months.

If you bought clothes in a shop, you couldn't take them back after six months ;)

You bought the VIP six months ago.

AgnesIO
30-05-2010, 09:58 PM
6 days is a bit different to 6 months.

If you bought clothes in a shop, you couldn't take them back after six months ;)

You bought the VIP six months ago.

The difference is the clothes would probably still be on sale.

But we couldn't just by a few months then and choose a different colour now. Whereas with the clothes after 6 months you would just go and buy some new ones (if you were not a tramp.)

Hecktix
30-05-2010, 10:09 PM
Oh, I almost forgot. You'll be pleased to know I won't be going anywhere.

xxMATTGxx
30-05-2010, 10:13 PM
Two simple lines and people create a feedback thread on it. Whatever comes next!

I'm sorry but Oli is right. The two lines won't be removed from the Christmas VIP, they will be staying unless we change it for Christmas 2010. Until then, you will just have to put up with it like you have all been doing since the end of 2009 or the lucky people who bought it in bulk and had it nearly all year round. Oh and before people throw insults at me like you have done towards Oli, then: 1) I already know how quick it can be changed. 2) We aren't being selfish. 3) We aren't lazy. 4) Sadly Oli isn't going anywhere!

immense
30-05-2010, 10:16 PM
. 4) Sadly Oli isn't going anywhere!

LMAO matt, i don't think you meant to say sadly

subconsciously caught you out

Hecktix
30-05-2010, 10:17 PM

It was sarcasm, I hope :|

hah
30-05-2010, 10:17 PM
*Removed*

Edited by Catzsy (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not so not be rude to others.
wow lol

xxMATTGxx
30-05-2010, 10:19 PM

It was sarcasm, I hope :|

Oli knows what I think of him. I obviously don't want him to go! :P

Oh and on that note, the thread is closed. Because I'm sure you will not take the answer "no" lightly and will just carry on.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!