PDA

View Full Version : [Bobba] Customer Support

JoeyJo
27-05-2010, 12:54 PM
I'm just getting really annoyed at habbo now for their lack of consideration for their players. What's making me mad is their inability to pay out prizes. It was bad enough that I spent ages on the 'Art of The Tiger' drawing comp and it was never announced. Then like about 80 other people I won the cheaters drawing comp and that prize was never given out. So ok yeah it was annoying but it's the end of the world, just a tad annoying when you spend hours working on a design and getting excited about a competition, win it and then you don't get what they promise you.

But now what's actually making me really mad is that I won Habbo Runway (the UK part) with my Ugg boots design. Which was a pretty big deal considering how many people entered it, and like 7000 people voted on UK design. Yet they haven't paid out that prize either. That competition was sooo huge it even had it's own Terms & Conditions which clearly said:

"The prize for the winners of the Local Voting is the signed Habbo Trophy, badge and the 6 Designer furni items."

All the other people who won their local vote got their prize on their hotels, but the UK won't give me mine. When I email them I get the standard response about badges, and also now I get:

This issue has been closed.

This is most likely because:

*Your question has been already answered in our FAQ (see www.habbo.co.uk/help (http://www.habbo.co.uk/help))
*You have already sent us the same question
*You have put your question in the incorrect category.
*Your question did not make any sense

If you send another email regarding this same issue, you will receive this email again.

I really don't know what more I can do. Anyone had any luck contacting habbo? I'm replying to the help tool email address [email protected], is that the right one?

Wonderful
27-05-2010, 01:31 PM
It's really really frustrating when they don't actually read what you're saying to them. Your best bet would probably be trying to talk to some staff such as Lost_Witness in-game, they're usually quite helpful.

JoeyJo
27-05-2010, 03:28 PM
Ah, cool idea thanks! I might try that if I can find one of them online somewhere (though I'm not very good at finding them). I also wondered whether or not to post on the forums on habbo, like maybe the hotel happenings and runway group? Maybe they might read those?

flatface
27-05-2010, 03:46 PM
ring them and explain the situation if all else fails

Sharon
27-05-2010, 04:45 PM
I highly suggest ringing them, although it might cost a fair amount. Congratulations though :) (on the runway)

Mickword
27-05-2010, 05:20 PM
I sent one about my old Habbo account something about the email. And they said sorry there on holiday or something I was like ***!

JoeyJo
27-05-2010, 05:44 PM
I highly suggest ringing them, although it might cost a fair amount. Congratulations though :) (on the runway)

Awwwr Thanks!

I'm not sure about ringing them, I don't want to seem like a loser kwim? I just wish they'd sorted it in the first place (especially when you're a player that pays for their stuff). What's irritating is the email that says "don't reply back to this, if you do you will just get the same response"! How annoying is that? How on earth are you supposed to get through to them via email then?! Grrrr. Glad to know I'm not the only one irritated with their automatic rubbish email system.

Mikey
27-05-2010, 10:10 PM
I would ring them by tomorrow at the latest unless the merge has happened since then.

Gibs960
28-05-2010, 03:03 PM
I reckon habbo shouldn't even have a customer support tab, they reply in stupid ways, saying stuff like "Do not reply back as you will get the same response". If that's how they treat customers why don't they just not have a customer support tab, but you should ring them above anything.

lTraditional
28-05-2010, 10:39 PM
I hate it when Habbo do this. Congratulations on winning the competition and i would just keep sending emails untill you actually get a sensible reply! Otherwise, try ringing them or contact Sulake by email and they should help then.

Mathew
29-05-2010, 09:37 AM
There is also the "Fansite Week" badges that were never given out. Remember when Habbox submitted their winners to Habbo and they should have got a badge...?

There's also something else that slips my mind :P

lTraditional
29-05-2010, 09:48 AM
I forgot to add that they never gave me a badge which i won in a competition last year on my previous account (nothing major though)

Lew
30-05-2010, 12:32 AM
Send them an email again, but in there ask for a person to reply, instead of an auto message.
Works usually.
If that fails though, ring them.

Camy
02-06-2010, 05:51 PM
Yeah, habbo have always been terrible for customer support in my experience.
I asked for a password change ages ago, because I'd forgotten it, when I used to play and it took them, no joke, two and a half years to send the email out!

JoeyJo
06-07-2010, 05:43 PM
JULY 6TH 2010

UPDATE:

Just wanted to post how amazing the new customer support have been with regards to my runway prize. I emailed them after the switch and they've replied to every message straight away, with a personal response and got the issue sorted within days. I'm so impressed!!! I hope the new habbo customer support stays like this because they've been ace! My badge actually says US winner when it was UK lmao but I'm so happy they got it sorted I couldn't care less. The trophy though was signed by Lostie which supprised me.

BingoBenny
07-07-2010, 09:43 AM
Regarding prizes, I won the competition entitled 'Win 4.3.2.1 Goodies'. I don't know if any of you remember this competition? Basically, you had to watch the video and click on the correct answer to what was Paloma Faith wearing on her head. There were five winners and I was one of them. 2 days later we merged and so I was wondering how I go around this?

I've e-mailed the Habbo Help Tool and it's taken them 23 days for them to reply "I'm still looking in to this." This prize was a signed soundtrack CD, two other CDs, two DVDs and a shirt. I don't know if anyone on here has won a real prize and if they have, what's the procedure in claiming them as I haven't even received any e-mails about it. :(

Josh
07-07-2010, 09:55 AM
JULY 6TH 2010

UPDATE:

Just wanted to post how amazing the new customer support have been with regards to my runway prize. I emailed them after the switch and they've replied to every message straight away, with a personal response and got the issue sorted within days. I'm so impressed!!! I hope the new habbo customer support stays like this because they've been ace! My badge actually says US winner when it was UK lmao but I'm so happy they got it sorted I couldn't care less. The trophy though was signed by Lostie which supprised me.

Are you being sarcastic?

Colossus
07-07-2010, 10:34 AM
Aha remember the chinese new year tiger claw badge? Well we got that like 3 months later.

Samantha
07-07-2010, 01:15 PM
Regarding prizes, I won the competition entitled 'Win 4.3.2.1 Goodies'. I don't know if any of you remember this competition? Basically, you had to watch the video and click on the correct answer to what was Paloma Faith wearing on her head. There were five winners and I was one of them. 2 days later we merged and so I was wondering how I go around this?

I've e-mailed the Habbo Help Tool and it's taken them 23 days for them to reply "I'm still looking in to this." This prize was a signed soundtrack CD, two other CDs, two DVDs and a shirt. I don't know if anyone on here has won a real prize and if they have, what's the procedure in claiming them as I haven't even received any e-mails about it. :(

One of my friends on Habbo won the Britney CD in December and they still haven't got it.

They never announced that Dragon competition either, where you had to Draw a dragon by pencil or in pixel art form. It took me a while to draw mine to get the detail right. :@

BingoBenny
07-07-2010, 01:43 PM
One of my friends on Habbo won the Britney CD in December and they still haven't got it.

They never announced that Dragon competition either, where you had to Draw a dragon by pencil or in pixel art form. It took me a while to draw mine to get the detail right. :@

Hmm, that sucks as it was a good prize package I won as well! :(

Blissa
07-07-2010, 02:39 PM
I won a Nintendo Wii a while back and that was all fine.

-paul.
07-07-2010, 03:19 PM
Habbo has failed with it. I won a competition last year and never got the badge. Then when i complained they denied knowledge of the comp even though it was on the community page

BingoBenny
07-07-2010, 03:44 PM
Habbo has failed with it. I won a competition last year and never got the badge. Then when i complained they denied knowledge of the comp even though it was on the community page

The thing is, with badges, it's as simple as clicking a button but with real prizes that they post to you, that's a different matter. :s

JoeyJo
07-07-2010, 05:42 PM
Are you being sarcastic?

No that's the thing! 2 months ago they were useless. I emailed like 50 times and all I got was a computer response, but since the merge they've been amazing which is why I wanted to update people on this thread to let them know. It might be worth now people who are missing prizes trying again because they've been really efficient in getting it sorted.

"They never announced that Dragon competition either, where you had to Draw a dragon by pencil or in pixel art form. It took me a while to draw mine to get the detail right"

I was gutted about that one too. Spent ages drawing it. Oh actually I'm thinking of the Chinese New Year one which was the Tiger Dance/Youtube video. I think it was for Tiger badge level 2.

,elaboratedolls
23-07-2010, 05:49 PM
Omg I remember this chinese one as well on Uk when you had to go to the end and find a bot, so I was doing it, and all you end up doing is going round and round in circles?! I loved your design in Habbo Runway, I'm suprised "Miley" chose that one from Singapore o.o It was kinda odd tbh. I remember in the group discussions, there was this guy that entered, and he copied and pasted some clothes that some pixel artist on deviant art drew onto his entry and everyone had a go at him. xD I guess the new Habbo staff are ok... I guess. I think they'll be fine via email but through the help tool there just like Ban. Argh. They can be so annoying at times >:(

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!