- Can walk on water
- Can perform miracles

Superman
- Superhuman speed and strength
- Can fly
- Indestructible
- Can go back in time
- Died and came back to life

So, who would win then? Jesus or Superman?

dbgtz
27-05-2010, 08:30 PM
this is very stupid but it would obviously be jesus, he would just rise from the dead and when superman dies god will keep him locked. this is probs offensive to christians

Erotica
27-05-2010, 09:00 PM
this is very stupid but it would obviously be jesus, he would just rise from the dead and when superman dies god will keep him locked. this is probs offensive to christians

I disagree, this is a fight between Jesus and Superman, not God and Jesus versus Superman. Secondly Superman can also rise from the dead and he also only has one weakness, whereas Jesus was killed by ordinary men. Finally, I sincerely doubt that the Christians of this forum would get so worked up over a debate like this, lol.

Special
27-05-2010, 09:03 PM
jesus

you said he could perform miracles which basically covers all of supermans powers :')

Dan2nd
27-05-2010, 09:14 PM
I disagree, this is a fight between Jesus and Superman, not God and Jesus versus Superman. Secondly Superman can also rise from the dead and he also only has one weakness, whereas Jesus was killed by ordinary men. Finally, I sincerely doubt that the Christians of this forum would get so worked up over a debate like this, lol.

as far as I know (and correct me if I'm wrong) but God comes in three forms God the son, God the Father and God the Holy Spirit. So Jesus being 'God the son' is God in Human form.

So I'd therefore vote for Jesus

Posts merged by Mr-Trainor (Forum Super Moderator): due to forum lag.

Erotica
27-05-2010, 09:19 PM
as far as I know (and correct me if I'm wrong) but God comes in three forms God the son, God the Father and God the Holy Spirit. So Jesus being 'God the son' is God in Human form.

The Trinity is not a universal Christian belief. True enough, the main denominations believe that he would be the Son of God, there are those which regard him as just a prophet. Islam also believes that he is just a prophet and consider it blasphemous to associate him with the title of Son of God. And anyway, it's Jesus vs Superman, as in the earthly manifestation as opposed to the celestial "form" of God. :)

Dan2nd
27-05-2010, 09:37 PM
The Trinity is not a universal Christian belief. True enough, the main denominations believe that he would be the Son of God, there are those which regard him as just a prophet. Islam also believes that he is just a prophet and consider it blasphemous to associate him with the title of Son of God. And anyway, it's Jesus vs Superman, as in the earthly manifestation as opposed to the celestial "form" of God. :)

But some see the day Jesus returns to Earth as the day all things end lets for example look at Armageddon, the day a great battle starts between Jesus and the anti christ, perhaps superman is that very same anti hero fooling the human race into following his evils ways? if that is the case the scriptures already say Jesus is destined to win

Erotica
27-05-2010, 09:45 PM
But some see the day Jesus returns to Earth as the day all things end lets for example look at Armageddon, the day a great battle starts between Jesus and the anti christ, perhaps superman is that very same anti hero fooling the human race into following his evils ways? if that is the case the scriptures already say Jesus is destined to win

That then opens another can of worms, because if Jesus is the bringer of the Apocalypse then could that not mean Satanic forces are what drives him? And that the information we have been told about Jesus and his motives are actually wrong? I don't personally consider something that brings the end of the world to be particularly good. Especially considering that Superman has saved the world many times. Maybe he is the true Messiah we have all been told about. Sort of reminds me of The Da Vinci Code, lol.

ecstasy
27-05-2010, 09:47 PM
i think the idea to the thread was just jesus vs superman, not any trinity stuff of prophecies surrounding them. simply jesus vs superman

superman would win

GommeInc
27-05-2010, 11:39 PM
i think the idea to the thread was just jesus vs superman, not any trinity stuff of prophecies surrounding them. simply jesus vs superman

superman would win
But Jesus has such powers to smite down Superman and kill him :( Don't deny him of these powers and think of him as a daddy's boy :@

I think Jesus would win, Superman wouldn't harm Jesus simply because Jesus isn't bad. And Jesus could easily summon crytonite/kryptonite and kill him. Turning water into wine and all that jazz :)

FlyingJesus
27-05-2010, 11:46 PM
there are those which regard him as just a prophet

Yeah these are called Jews and Muslims, not Christians. The core basis of Christianity is the acceptance of Jesus as God's son and the saviour of mankind.

To answer the question, if we accept the situation as you've stated it (ie: that the powers you've attributed to them both are wholly true in this situation) then hands down Jesus wins, as He literally has every power of God, and regardless I don't think God would allow Him to die at the hands of Superman unless in some twisted way he represents mainstream sinful humanity, which would be odd considering he's not human or evil.

Erotica
28-05-2010, 06:17 AM
There are nontrinitarian Christians and there have been since the founding of Christianity. While the Trinity is the mainstream and predominate view of most Christians, it, like nontrinitarianism, has support for it and against it scripturally.

I believe that if the two were to fight then Jesus would win because he could just will away Superman's powers and kill him or just will his death anyway. It doesn't sound like Jesus, but there you go.

wiktoria
28-05-2010, 06:36 AM
Superman would win because of his superhuman speed and strength. +*+*+*+*+

Blinger$
28-05-2010, 08:29 AM
Blinger would come in and kick some ass. Yeah, he does that.

But if Blinger wouldn't make it in time, probably Jesus, i mean, look at his locks! amazing.

Becca
28-05-2010, 03:07 PM
Probably Jesus.
- he's the miracle maker so people would help and follow his every move if you send them away or not.
- he is the son of God so he would be able to get God or something to drop things on him? :P
- he can come back alive.

Black_Apalachi
30-05-2010, 01:36 AM
Assuming they are both fighting with the intent to kill each other? Jesus, no contest. For a start He could turn the whole world into cryptonite. Then He could mimic anything Superman can do a million fold. Obviously though if you're talking about the actual character of Superman, and Jesus the actual Son of God, then they wouldn't fight as they are both good.

[Jay]
03-06-2010, 09:05 PM
This would never happen because Jesus loves people and so does Superman thier both heros.
I cant pick.

DAMI3N
03-06-2010, 09:13 PM
Wouldn't Jesus just be-able to withdraw superman of his powers, or just make it happen that superman wasn't born to beat him?

Banana Pancakes
03-06-2010, 09:24 PM
You missed that Superman shoots lasers from his eyes.

Starburst..x
03-06-2010, 09:29 PM
Hmm tough call.
If both of them can come back after being killed then surely neither can win, as it will be just be one big circle with one killing the other and so on? Or am I missing something.

I can't pick!

Banana Pancakes
03-06-2010, 09:35 PM
Hmm tough call.
If both of them can come back after being killed then surely neither can win, as it will be just be one big circle with one killing the other and so on? Or am I missing something.

I can't pick!

But Jesus can't be hurt by kryptonite.

Geraint
03-06-2010, 11:50 PM
Jesus can perform miracles thus ruining Superman.

Soy
03-06-2010, 11:55 PM
soy would win

Edited by Catzsy (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not make pointless posts.

Gibs960
04-06-2010, 12:43 PM
Superman, cos he'd blast Jesus into the sky and then he'd wait until he came back to life just to kill him again :)

Black_Apalachi
06-06-2010, 04:07 PM
How can people not get this lol

SUPERMAN

Strengths

Flight
Super speed
Super strength
X-Ray vision
Laser eyes
Ice breath?
Super hearing

Weaknesses

Cryptonite

JESUS

Strengths

Everything Superman can do
EVERYTHING ELSE IMAGINABLE

Weaknesses

N/A

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!