PDA

View Full Version : Were any of your friends adopted?

immense
28-05-2010, 02:16 PM
If so, could you tell in any way? Do they freely speak about it?

Robbie
28-05-2010, 02:17 PM
No, they were not. I don't know anyone that's adopted. My sisters best mate is with a foster family though.

Nixt
28-05-2010, 02:19 PM
An old friend of mine was adopted and she was quite happy to speak about it and didn't particularly care about people knowing. We spoke about it a couple of times but before she told me I wouldn't have a clue. She didn't look much like her parents but that's the case with so many people I know so I wouldn't have known. She calls both her parents mum and dad and considers them parents too, the fact she's adopted doesn't really change that.

Another friend of mine whom I no longer speak to (will tell you why on MSN it's hilarious) was adopted after being fostered for a period of time. He always used to refer to them as his "foster parents" and called them by their first name so that's a lot different, but again he didn't particularly mind people knowing and spoke about it occasionally.

Special
28-05-2010, 02:20 PM
nope but i'm sure they wouldn't be too embarrassed about it

flatface
28-05-2010, 02:21 PM
I know one person, they are currently in prison so i'm not too sure if thats because of their upbringing

Richie
28-05-2010, 02:24 PM
no none were

Shar
28-05-2010, 02:51 PM
No I don't no any people that were adopted :O

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!