PDA

View Full Version : What phobias do you have?

kuzkasate
28-05-2010, 07:57 PM
I have loads, only gonna list the main ones lol.

- Podophobia - fear of feet.
- Emetophobia - fear of vomiting.
- And a weird one, fear of cutting nails.. as soon as I cut them, everything seems to cling on to them and I cant open my hands, they just tense into a fist and I have to walk around with fists for a few days!

Of course there are obv ones like spiders, snakes etc.

So what are yours?

-:Undertaker:-
28-05-2010, 08:02 PM
Arachnophobia

Thats all really - weird because i'm perfectly fine with picking crabs etc up.

kuzkasate
28-05-2010, 08:04 PM
Arachnophobia

Thats all really - weird because i'm perfectly fine with picking crabs etc up.

fear of spiders? i have that too. i cant even look at a little spider otherwise i scream irl

wiktoria
28-05-2010, 08:30 PM
Emetophobia - fear of vomiting didn't know there was such a thing but yeah I'm scared of vomiting and normaly when I throw up i just cry :(
Apiphobia- Fear of bees.
Asthenophobia- Fear of fainting or weakness.

Erotica
28-05-2010, 08:40 PM
Agoraphobia, although it's a lot less serious than it once was.

Faboosh
28-05-2010, 08:55 PM
Arachnophobia - I hate spiders so much :|
Eremikophobia - Fear of sand. I don't know why I just really really don't like to go near sand.
Trypanophobia - Fear of needles. It's not as bad as it used to be though, a couple of years ago just looking at a picture of a needle made me feel faint. :|

LoveToStack
28-05-2010, 08:56 PM
http://meanderthal.typepad.com/dope/images/spider.jpg

GommeInc
28-05-2010, 08:59 PM
Probably heights. I get kinda uncomfortable in buildings or balconies that are more than about 10/15 stories high. Okay in planes though, and solid land. But building and being suspended over great heights is off putting :P

Sharon
28-05-2010, 09:37 PM
Spiders - ANTS.

Jamesy
28-05-2010, 09:38 PM
Wasps, earwigs and scorpions.

Gibs960
28-05-2010, 09:45 PM
I HATE SPIDERS!!!! :'(
I HATE BEES AND WASPS
I HATE VOMITING!!!
LOTS OF THINGS :D I hate all bugs and stuff like that :D

Volumise
28-05-2010, 09:49 PM
heights
small spaces

Xtina
29-05-2010, 12:34 AM
Aracnophobia, and claustrophobia

Shar
29-05-2010, 12:38 AM
I'M SCARED OF ALL MOVING CREATURES INCLUDING HUMANS (lol jokes)
Spiders
and I'm claustrophobic

AgnesIO
29-05-2010, 10:07 AM
Fear of OPEN heights.
Fear of needles going in to bodies (like watching it) although I am fine with someone jabbing me for like tb etc

Special
29-05-2010, 10:09 AM
- ostriches
- ghosts
- drowning
- being buried alive
- eating orange skin
- choking

sammy
29-05-2010, 10:14 AM
Vomiting - I hate it so much, i didn't know there was an actual fear of it but yeah. +o(
Heights - I can never look down and i go all dizzy (A).

I'm also a little afraid of burglars.

Adamm
29-05-2010, 10:15 AM
xenophobia

danzooo
29-05-2010, 10:16 AM
Taphophobia - the fear of being buried alive :(
Atychiphobia - the fear of failure

iLogan
29-05-2010, 02:20 PM
Taphephobia - Fear of being buried alive.

Alex3213
29-05-2010, 02:29 PM
A few:

Taphophobia - Fear of being burried alive
Atychiphobia - Fear of failure
Trypanophobia - Fear of injections
Acrophobia - Fear of heights
Cynophobia - Fear of dogs

Hollie
29-05-2010, 02:37 PM
Trypanophobia - Fear of injections and I think that's about it

buttons
29-05-2010, 03:59 PM
yeah i actually have emetophobia
it's not just the fear of being sick, it stops you from doing a lot of things. when i was most severe i would only go on a bus if i could sit at the front, id sit near the toilets at a restraunt, every new place i'd go i'd ask for the toilets . just incase i need an escape:P

Becca
29-05-2010, 04:05 PM
Coulrophobia - fear of clowns.

LoveToStack
29-05-2010, 04:37 PM
The whole concept of diagnosing 'phobias', assigning specific symptoms to each phobia just encourages hypochondria. People like to believe there's something physically wrong with them, such as in the case of an illness, but it's just being afraid. Obviously everyone's afraid of certain things but the concept of phobias is pointless and abused.

RandomManJay
29-05-2010, 09:00 PM
The whole concept of diagnosing 'phobias', assigning specific symptoms to each phobia just encourages hypochondria. People like to believe there's something physically wrong with them, such as in the case of an illness, but it's just being afraid. Obviously everyone's afraid of certain things but the concept of phobias is pointless and abused.

Actually phobias are classified as being irrational fears which have no logic behind them, such as a fear of moths is irrational as moths don't actually harm you in any way. You will never find an official phobia concerning something to do with a rational fear, such as fear of psychopaths, where there is definately a rational risk.

There are phobia disorders where a person has such an irrational fear that it actually causes an inhibition in social functioning. In these extreme circumstances where diagnosis is required, treatments are always offered as no irrational fear should cause a person to no longer function normally. And of course anyone with a phobia is free to try and get over it, sometimes it might only require being exposed to the stressor once to get over irrationality.

I do agree that people sometimes find a lot of phobias which can be linked to them, and that people can confuse phobias with something that they simply don't like doing. And heck, I know some people who do abuse them. But I don't agree that they're pointless.

Oh and btw, I have a specific phobia of Entomophobia where I only fear specific insects. For example: I can't stand being near tiny spiders, but I have no problem with larger spiders and Tarantulas. I also have Acrophobia and specific Hydrophobia.

lorren
29-05-2010, 09:02 PM
heights....this sounds weird but PASTA. if i get given pasta i can only have like 10 peices then it makes me gag :/
OH AND SPIDERS

Starscream
29-05-2010, 09:16 PM
I have a fear of deep water.

Eoin
29-05-2010, 09:27 PM
Mottephobia - fear of moths

would hate to get locked in a cupboard full of them with the light on inside :S

Black_Apalachi
30-05-2010, 12:54 AM

Agreed.

Following on from what iSarcastix was saying; people have mentioned fears of drowning and being buried alive but surely these are rational and therefore are not phobias? Unless you're talking about it as a constant thing whenever you go any way near sand or water or something, then perhaps that could be seen as irrational. Even the fear of being sick which people keep mentioning, I doubt anybody actually likes or enjoys vomiting so again, can this really be classed as a phobia?

Nikki
30-05-2010, 01:29 AM
im scared of thunder, it sounds stupid but i cant help but shake and ive fainted quite alot of times and once i did have a panic attack during a thunder storm. Luckily thunderstorms are quite rare where i live. :)

nat965
30-05-2010, 02:26 AM
Batophobia - Fear of Heights. yes, sometimes I get it, sometimes I don't
Ophidiophobia - Fear of snakes

HotelUser
30-05-2010, 02:28 AM
Arachnophobia

I will never hear the end of how this demerits any manly-ness I'm supposed to have from my family!

Gemma
30-05-2010, 03:31 AM
Cockroaches

Josh
30-05-2010, 03:58 AM
Sitting inside HxHD alone.

+ Being buried alive.

Shar
30-05-2010, 09:47 AM
Sitting inside HxHD alone.
Aww that's my phobia too! ;p

lPinoy
30-05-2010, 10:40 AM
Probably heights. I get kinda uncomfortable in buildings or balconies that are more than about 10/15 stories high. Okay in planes though, and solid land. But building and being suspended over great heights is off putting :P

I feel exactly the same; plus needles, bugs and spiders.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!