PDA

View Full Version : Pictures of yourself on the forum

Richie
30-05-2010, 01:43 AM
Before I start my rant I'm not saying you shouldn't post pictures I'm just saying this is what I was thought and know.

Well I think its extremely weird how laid back some people are now days, posting pictures of themselves on the internet where anybody can view the pictures. Fair enough loads of people on this forum are old enough to decide for themselves but some of the people posting pictures are just children.

Even when I was 15ish my parents always told me not to post pictures on the internet, some people may argue they are just overprotective, I wouldn't class them as overprotective. People under the age of say 16 posting pictures, their parents either 1) Don't know they are posting pictures or 2) Their parents are just irresponsible.

I'm trying to banish pictures from the forum however I think users need to understand especially the younger members that anyone can view the 'post a picture' thread, they don't even have to be registered. I came up with an idea that I know for a fact people aren't going to agree with. I think it would just keep the younger members a little more secure if you had to have say 25 posts and be registered on the forum for a month before you can view the picture thread (Obviously it could be adjustable to what members think is fair). Yes anyone can register and post a 25 times, but at the same time the community would most likely get to know that person and I highly doubt paedophiles would want to registered to a habbo forum and post 25 times to see pictures, they'd just go to a different forum.

I don't know what yous think, rate / slate and before people start thinking about themselves remember that most of you are already registered a month and have 25 posts so you don't have to worry about not being able to see the thread.

Rich.

immense
30-05-2010, 01:46 AM
I know exactly what you're saying and I agree it's a worry that ANYONE can view. No pictures are ever sexually explicit though. However, I don't think that means it's OK that anyone could perv over the pics should they want too, it should be an exclusive feature for members. I think the fansite way says fansites HAVE to allow people to post their own pics (could be wrong) but if anything could be done for that thread specifically (don't think you can) then that'd be good. It'd have to be the photography forum itself, I think.

Axel
30-05-2010, 01:48 AM
Tbh I don't think pedos would even look on HXF and you're being paranoid. Besides, what would someone get out of viewing these images? They're just normal pictures of people...

Richie
30-05-2010, 01:49 AM
I know exactly what you're saying and I agree it's a worry that ANYONE can view. No pictures are ever sexually explicit though. However, I don't think that means it's OK that anyone could perv over the pics should they want too, it should be an exclusive feature for members. I think the fansite way says fansites HAVE to allow people to post their own pics (could be wrong) but if anything could be done for that thread specifically (don't think you can) then that'd be good. It'd have to be the photography forum itself, I think.

I thought you would of been the one person to disagree lol.

Shar
I think that's a pretty good idea, it'll help to make the forum safe-ish :)

Nikki
Yeah i think it would be a better idea, to have post a picture as a thread which you have to be signed in to view.

FlyingJesus
Pretty sure no-one posts naked pictures here so passing paedophiles aren't really going to be a problem.

Richie
30-05-2010, 01:56 AM
They don't have to be naked pictures for paedophiles to take interest, they could easily be indicative photos.

Convicted paedophiles are can be found with:

Warning contains words filtered on the forum
http://RBGuides.com/screenshots/0d99a3ad.png

Done my research before posting this time ;)

Kyle
30-05-2010, 02:20 AM
No paedophiles have posted pictures of children or organised for them to be taken. I'm sure there aren't that many pics on the forum of users in their underwear, either. This won't stop 'paedophiles' from looking it the pictures, it will just encourage them to root themselves into the community before they do.

If someone comes here in order to perve on the users then they're going to want you all to think that they're innocent and perhaps, are a child (teen) themselves. Surely it defeats the point if you are letting them look at the pictures if they agree to post a bit?

By all means make it a member-only forum, but the post count idea is ridiculous.

Black_Apalachi
30-05-2010, 02:22 AM
I'd be more worried about paedos signing up to chat with the kids on here than simply browsing the Photography forum. Still, it wouldn't do any harm to put restrictions on certain forums if it were possible.

immense
30-05-2010, 02:24 AM
Yeah but I have seen topless pics on here, I've seen girls with their boobs hanging out, I've seen uses in underwear. Hey, I've even seen nudes of some users posted :L (although removed pretttty rapidly).

Richie
30-05-2010, 02:25 AM
But lets be honest, if paedophiles see a thread 'post a picture of yourself' they are gonna be more inclined to sign up / stick around, if that isn't there, for all they know your not aloud post pictures.

Off Topic - I'm off to bed night x

Kyle
30-05-2010, 02:26 AM
It's pretty common for forums to have threads dedicated to pictures of its users.

Limit the thread(s) to user-only but don't make it something that people with a certain post count can view.

Hecktix
30-05-2010, 10:25 AM
I think the only safe thing to do would be to ban pictures outright, however as Habbo say we must let users post a picture we cannot do this.

By making it so people have to sign up to view the PAPOY thread I don't think it'll restrict much as I don't think paedophiles wander across these sites and look for such threads - I mean we are a teen-based forum - that's all a paedophile will look for!

I would strongly advise users under 16 not to post pictures on Habbox Forum as you really do not know who is looking at them and let's face it, nobody can know if a user is a paedophile trying to groom children. If alarms are ever raised the Administrators would act immediately, however I really do think this is a case of being careful.

But the main point, pictures or not - a paedophile would be inclined to sign up to a teen-forum like ours.

Richie
30-05-2010, 01:52 PM
Fair enough, I don't understand why habbo force that on fansites, makes them sound like paedophiles wanting children to post pictures.

hah
30-05-2010, 02:00 PM
I think the only safe thing to do would be to ban pictures outright, however as Habbo say we must let users post a picture we cannot do this.

Habbo says a lot of things, but you dont let us do half of them :rolleyes:

I dont really see a problem tbh........ im sure people know how to report if they feel someone is harassing them and.......
Most of the staff her act like pedos to other users here and its sick sometimes........are we gunna ban them lol?

Sharon
30-05-2010, 02:21 PM
All for this idea, I do think about this alot before I post most of the time, so I think it'd be good, but do you think it is possible to do this for only one thread?

Mathew
30-05-2010, 02:24 PM
Most of the staff her act like pedos to other users here and its sick sometimes........are we gunna ban them lol?
Must admit, the lovey-dovey dating and sexual talk from some staff doesn't half annoy me. Main reason why I resigned from some positions..:P

On another site I use, there is a specific forum for posting pictures which can only be seen if you're part of a specific usergroup (join it by going to group memberships..) It all depends on just how careful the forum management want to be really.

hah
30-05-2010, 02:25 PM
should have its own forum init so you dont have to look at peoples you dont wanna lol
and then you could make it private

Rapidshare
30-05-2010, 02:26 PM
I know a lot of people saying about ther enone in underwear but think about in the summer of how many kids will post in their swimming costumes

---------- Post added 30-05-2010 at 03:27 PM ----------

By making it so people have to sign up to view the PAPOY thread I don't think it'll restrict much as I don't think paedophiles wander across these sites and look for such threads - I mean we are a teen-based forum - that's all a paedophile will look for!

I would strongly advise users under 16 not to post pictures on Habbox Forum as you really do not know who is looking at them and let's face it, nobody can know if a user is a paedophile trying to groom children. If alarms are ever raised the Administrators would act immediately, however I really do think this is a case of being careful.

But the main point, pictures or not - a paedophile would be inclined to sign up to a teen-forum like ours.

habbo forces you to make users post pictures?

why..?

Mathew
30-05-2010, 02:34 PM
The Fansite Way (http://www.habbo.co.uk/community/fansites/224-the-fansite-way) says..

Fansites CAN:
- Post fun, friendly Habbo news with your own analysis.
- Hold competitions and parties in Habbo.
- Allow all Habbos to join in without discrimination.
- Discuss non-offensive Habbo gossip on forums.
- Create fun, non-offensive alterations.
- Offer help for new and old Habbos.
- Hold events for your readers.
- Allow your visitors to post a photo of themselves that's appropriate and does not contain personal information.
- Offset your hosting costs with advertising banners or ad words.
- Use publically accessible images created and owned by Sulake Corporation Oy responsibly and within the restrictions of the Fansite Way and Terms & Conditions of Habbo Hotel.

marriott0.01
30-05-2010, 02:36 PM
I find no issues with this, as long as you make it CLEAR to users the risks, then it's down to them if they want to post a picture of themselves or not.

Firehorse
30-05-2010, 02:49 PM
I support the idea for some type of restrictions. Many people post pictures of themselves with intent to show just the forum community which they get accustomed to and do not take into account that absolutely anybody on the internet can see it.

immense
30-05-2010, 02:50 PM
The fansite way clarifies that fansites are allowed to let users to show pictures. Sulake would not care if Habbox stopped it. I like to know who I'm talking to so it's fine as it is but I can see where Richie is coming from. We've had weirdos before, I'm sure you all remember lee lol

-:Undertaker:-
30-05-2010, 03:14 PM
If i'm quite honest a paedophile is never going to tell me whether he has/doesnt have my picture so if I was to be worried about that, I should be worried about all the terrible and awful things that could happen in the world when the chances are that they wont. The majority of people on here have Facebook, Bebo, MySpace and so on and so on so I really doubt its a problem. If I was a paedophile i'd use Facebook rather than HabboxForum due to the fact it has much more err 'open' pictures.

I see no problem with people using personal picture, why not anyway because they can already;
- post location.
- post picture of their house(?).
- post link to their Facebook.
- post information on profiles.
- post their personal picture on the forum.

Richie
30-05-2010, 03:31 PM
I find no issues with this, as long as you make it CLEAR to users the risks, then it's down to them if they want to post a picture of themselves or not.

Yeah but lets be honest with all due respect they are children, they are still learning right from wrong and haven't a clue.

22andy2231
30-05-2010, 03:34 PM
Yeah i think it would be a better idea, to have post a picture as a thread which you have to be signed in to view.

agreed. . . because funny how you aint aloud to post the picture as your avatar. bt you can post it in a forum were any1 can see. . . aka pedos,

marriott0.01
30-05-2010, 03:43 PM
Yeah but lets be honest with all due respect they are children, they are still learning right from wrong and haven't a clue.

Richie, people aren't completely stupid when they;re children nowadays. So I don't see the problem of getting them to know the implications. It's their choice, no one elses. They have the freedom to do things, they sign up to the forum tick the t&c's. So it's essentially the same thing, it's saying 'I understand the conditions by posting this picture.'

Catzsy
30-05-2010, 03:49 PM
Richie, people aren't completely stupid when they;re children nowadays. So I don't see the problem of getting them to know the implications. It's their choice, no one elses. They have the freedom to do things, they sign up to the forum tick the t&c's. So it's essentially the same thing, it's saying 'I understand the conditions by posting this picture.'

Thats fair enough but there is also the duty of protection of children/young people at a vulnerable age. Facebook have tightened up their privacy security because of it. As far as the Papoy thread goes well it was really made at the demand of the members. If somebody gets any improper advances because of it either by way of post or pm/vm then it's best to report it. It is also best not to give your email address and msn out, where you live, where you go to school etc without a lot of consideration too.

Barmi
30-05-2010, 03:55 PM
A paedophile viewing a picture is fine. Grooming is where things are worrying. People are free to think whatever they want, but as soon as unsavoury thoughts manifest themselves in dangerous actions, that's where the cause for concern should come in.

As far as I understand, a lot of grooming is towards anonymous targets anyway, so a picture doesn't really matter either way. The important thing is that any uncomfortable behaviour gets picked up on and reported.

Edit: It's also worth pointing out that grooming is rarely done on Internet forums. Most is done on chat services and instant messengers... hence why I get uneasy when email addresses are made freely available without so much as an afterthought. (When they are posted there is a degree of searchable permanence.)

W00TZEH
30-05-2010, 04:00 PM
There's no indication that there are any paedophiles using the site so what's the problem?

Barmi
30-05-2010, 04:03 PM
There's no indication that there are any paedophiles using the site so what's the problem?
I think some people are overestimating HabboxForum's attractiveness to paedophiles.

immense
30-05-2010, 04:05 PM
We also know that there have been users who have tried to groom others and a small mistake for them led to their exposure and permanent ban. He was staff, respectable, popular it makes you think how many others could be someone completely different o.O

W00TZEH
30-05-2010, 04:11 PM
was that stephen?

Catzsy
30-05-2010, 04:15 PM

I think some people are overestimating HabboxForum's attractiveness to paedophiles.

We also know that there have been users who have tried to groom others and a small mistake for them led to their exposure and permanent ban. He was staff, respectable, popular it makes you think how many others could be someone completely different o.O

Well a paedophile is hardly likely to sign up to a forum and say 'hi my name is fluffy bunny and I am a pedo' are they?
I would say any Habbo fansite along with habbo would make a perfect place for them to inhabit. As Jake says there have been instances in the past and members need to be protected from it and educated as barmi said not to give their personal information away without a great deal of thought especially if they are under 16.

hah
30-05-2010, 04:25 PM
they would be more inclined to sign up to clubhabbo cause thats where all the good looking people are lol - . -

Catzsy
30-05-2010, 04:27 PM
they would be more inclined to sign up to clubhabbo cause thats where all the good looking people are lol - . -

Well that's one good thing in Habbox's favour then.:P

JACKTARD
30-05-2010, 06:04 PM
They don't have to be naked pictures for paedophiles to take interest, they could easily be indicative photos.

Convicted paedophiles are can be found with:

Warning - contains words filtered on the forum
http://RBGuides.com/screenshots/0d99a3ad.png

Done my research before posting this time ;)

Number 9 + 10 especially make me sick

::Art::
30-05-2010, 06:33 PM

There is a member of staff that had a similar 'mistake'. Not going into details.

FlyingJesus
30-05-2010, 06:45 PM
lol@Stephen. the first thing people told me when I signed up on here was to look out for him

Nixt
30-05-2010, 07:25 PM
Management at Habbox Forum take the protection of our users of all ages, particularly those who are younger and more vulnerable, extremely seriously. I am aware of three occasions in which matters have had to be taken to the police in my time as Management, one of which I was directly involved with after reporting a member who posed as a Police Officer. This matter was taken seriously by myself, other members of management and indeed, the police to the extent that they paid a visit to the offenders home. My point is that we are very aware of the potential risk to our members and to clarify to you guys that we do take decisive action when a potential risk is exposed.

This however, is not to say that the risk is quite as serious as you may think or some may have suggested. Two of those three were a false alarm and an ongoing investigation is yet to be confirmed. So actually, given our membership base, the prevalence of paedophiles on Habbox Forum is not quite as considerable as some of you may think! In fact I'd argue it was pretty much non-existent.

When members post their pictures they do so at their own risk. I am not trying to shift responsibility here, because we do try and protect our members, but at the end of the day if people choose to post their pictures on the forum then the (minor) risks that stem from that are theirs to take and there is in fact, very little we can do other than restrict the posting of pictures altogether, which I am not inclined to do as I think this is an overreaction.

The best thing we could really do right now is restrict guest access to the Photography section of the forum. I think implementing a time limit or a specific usergroup that needs joining is a waste of time - if a paedophile wanted to see those pictures then they would simply join those groups or make the required amount of posts until they could and lets face it, when they did, they'd be disappointed. Pictures of the nature we allow in that thread are commonplace on the internet in general, I do not believe the risk is any more considerable here than anywhere else.

Hecktix
30-05-2010, 08:29 PM
Access to the Pictures & Photography forum has been restricted to Members only.

immense
30-05-2010, 08:32 PM
Good change :) Obviously doesn't eradicate the problem but nice to put a stumbling block there :D

good suggestion richie

Barmi
30-05-2010, 08:47 PM
Good change :) Obviously doesn't eradicate the problem but nice to put a stumbling block there :D

good suggestion richie
What are you getting at? You're dealing with human nature... it can't be 'eradicated'. I don't see why there needs to be a 'good job BUT you haven't fixed...' when it's something beyond the control of management. You just seem to be nitpicking for no reason.

Hecktix
30-05-2010, 08:53 PM
What are you getting at? You're dealing with human nature... it can't be 'eradicated'. I don't see why there needs to be a 'good job BUT you haven't fixed...' when it's something beyond the control of management. You just seem to be nitpicking for no reason.

I think he was just stating it really, obviously we haven't eradicated the problem by doing what we've done and it would be stupid to assume so.

I think it is still important to highlight any risk out there.

marriott0.01
30-05-2010, 09:12 PM
Why don't you have the Profile Albums and there should be a way to restrict people from viewing the profile albums. Then if people want to have pictures of themselves on the Forum they could just post them in the albums.....

xxMATTGxx
30-05-2010, 09:32 PM
Why don't you have the Profile Albums and there should be a way to restrict people from viewing the profile albums. Then if people want to have pictures of themselves on the Forum they could just post them in the albums.....

I can see what you mean. But restrict what? Guests or a certain user group? Surely you wouldn't know who the paedophile was.

Kyle
30-05-2010, 09:40 PM
*REMOVED*

Edited by Oli (Forum Manager): Please do not bully other forum membres

wixard
30-05-2010, 10:19 PM
this is such a stupid thread, nobody had a prob with it before
half people here get naked for each other on cam anyways so no biggie

marriott0.01
30-05-2010, 10:21 PM
I can see what you mean. But restrict what? Guests or a certain user group? Surely you wouldn't know who the paedophile was.

Can't you have contact lists on your profiles, so you can do privacy settings, and if you want to hide the Albums to the general public then you can do it with only your contact list.

this is such a stupid thread, nobody had a prob with it before
half people here get naked for each other on cam anyways so no biggie

Does that include you ;)

immense
30-05-2010, 10:22 PM
Shame that some people can't have academic intelligence and common sense. I included that because if I hadn't it would have made it look it can't happen any further. If I was nitpicking I wouldn't have included the :D face. You're the one nitpicking and living on my every word. Your post was fab feedback though.

I think he was just stating it really, obviously we haven't eradicated the problem by doing what we've done and it would be stupid to assume so.

plus rep

xxMATTGxx
30-05-2010, 10:24 PM
Can't you have contact lists on your profiles, so you can do privacy settings, and if you want to hide the Albums to the general public then you can do it with only your contact list.

Does that include you ;)

So you want profile albums that can be hidden by everyone? :S

marriott0.01
30-05-2010, 10:28 PM
So you want profile albums that can be hidden by everyone? :S

Facebook essentially gives you privacy settings when you can hide your photos to only people on your contact list, or to everyone etc. But lets the user choose whether or not it's hidden.

xxMATTGxx
30-05-2010, 10:33 PM
Facebook essentially gives you privacy settings when you can hide your photos to only people on your contact list, or to everyone etc. But lets the user choose whether or not it's hidden.

I see but Facebook settings are rather rubbish and they still need re-doing! I doubt many people would use this sort of feature though.

Jordy
30-05-2010, 10:34 PM
A paedophile viewing a picture is fine. Grooming is where things are worrying. People are free to think whatever they want, but as soon as unsavoury thoughts manifest themselves in dangerous actions, that's where the cause for concern should come in.

As far as I understand, a lot of grooming is towards anonymous targets anyway, so a picture doesn't really matter either way. The important thing is that any uncomfortable behaviour gets picked up on and reported.

Edit: It's also worth pointing out that grooming is rarely done on Internet forums. Most is done on chat services and instant messengers... hence why I get uneasy when email addresses are made freely available without so much as an afterthought. (When they are posted there is a degree of searchable permanence.)I totally agree. People aren't thinking straight about this, at the end of the day we're just anonymous people posting pictures of ourselves, what's the problem? If someone wishes to save the pictures or look at them an unhealthily amount that's their problem, but it's not putting anyone at risk or breaking the law so there's no need to stop it. If people begin giving out their addresses also and people start trying to groom on the forum then you have a serious issue, but these are both banned anyway and would be harshly dealt with.

If an underage girl signs up and posts a picture of herself what's the worst that could happen? Nothing as the paedofiles don't know where she lives. If they begin contacting her and she falls for it then that's her fault, but if she chooses to report it I imagine HabboxForum would act accordingly (E.g. involving the police). So no I don't really see an issue and feel people are exaggerating.

immense
30-05-2010, 10:40 PM
I totally agree. People aren't thinking straight about this, at the end of the day we're just anonymous people posting pictures of ourselves, what's the problem? If someone wishes to save the pictures or look at them an unhealthily amount that's their problem, but it's not putting anyone at risk or breaking the law so there's no need to stop it. If people begin giving out their addresses also and people start trying to groom on the forum then you have a serious issue, but these are both banned anyway and would be harshly dealt with.

If an underage girl signs up and posts a picture of herself what's the worst that could happen? Nothing as the paedofiles don't know where she lives. If they begin contacting her and she falls for it then that's her fault, but if she chooses to report it I imagine HabboxForum would act accordingly (E.g. involving the police). So no I don't really see an issue and feel people are exaggerating.

I think everyone in this thread, including the thread starter knows the threat is minimal on this forum for reasons that have been mentioned throughout. However, on the off chance there is someone browsing the PAPOY (as it has been named) thread who could then groom a user through PM, eventually MSN etc which as I stress has happened before will now have to sign up. Seeing as anyone 'dodgy' won't be able to see the thread, it could be argued they are less inclined to register. It is merely a precaution that has no detrimental effects to the forum and might make users feel more comfortable when posting pictures, especially those under 16.

hah
30-05-2010, 10:42 PM
how do you groom someone lmao

immense
30-05-2010, 10:43 PM
ask lee lol

marriott0.01
30-05-2010, 10:46 PM
I see but Facebook settings are rather rubbish and they still need re-doing! I doubt many people would use this sort of feature though.

I just suggested it to please the people who think the current system is a problem, although I disagree.

AlexOC
30-05-2010, 11:03 PM
This has been sorted!

Restricted guest acess for Pictures and Photography..

http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=646866&p=6502165#post6502165

Kyle
30-05-2010, 11:22 PM
how do you groom someone lmao

brush their hair etc

Black_Apalachi
31-05-2010, 01:00 AM
Fansites CAN:
- Allow your visitors to post a photo of themselves that's appropriate and does not contain personal information.

Sorry but I fail to see how that means fansites HAVE to allow it.

Dean
31-05-2010, 04:17 AM
I just saw that they've changed the forum so that guests can't view the thread, but how would that improve privacy? If I really wanted to see your photo I'd take 2 minutes to make an account.

Grig
31-05-2010, 05:34 AM
I don't think there is much risk on a forum like HxF, it's great to take such measures anyway, but I mean come on I frankly don't care if some peado or 10 peados look at photos of people- there is no porn here or anything. It is not indangering anyway in any slightest way. It is great to take such measures, but I haven't seen this to be any major problem in the past such as any hub for peados etc.

---------- Post added 31-05-2010 at 01:36 PM ----------

I even think some are slightly over-reacting on the threat.

=TuTu
31-05-2010, 02:28 PM
well i disagree..
i say u should be aloud no matter what, nobodys forcing anyone. Everyones own choice, so u should be aloud.......

i think you should be aloud, its the person choice. Not as if the thread is forcing someone to do it. At the end of the day the person who posted that picture is the only one held responsible for that.

GommeInc
31-05-2010, 03:51 PM
Does the fansite way actually exist? Last time I checked the fansite way died in Feb 2010 (in a news article) and the only reference to any sort of rules is in the Official Fansite Page.

http://www.habbo.co.uk/groups/official_fansites

It also doesn't mention anything about fansites offering "premium" services, so it makes you wonder if Habbo have finally seen sense, though unlikely :/

cocaine
31-05-2010, 03:56 PM

yes but habbo also does not have a filter, just like the for-
oh wait, no, we do.

Catzsy
31-05-2010, 03:57 PM
Does the fansite way actually exist? Last time I checked the fansite way died in Feb 2010 (in a news article) and the only reference to any sort of rules is in the Official Fansite Page.

http://www.habbo.co.uk/groups/official_fansites

It also doesn't mention anything about fansites offering "premium" services, so it makes you wonder if Habbo have finally seen sense, though unlikely :/

Well that is a very good find indeed and it doesn't mention premium services at all as you say:)
I have noticed though it is still in the FAQ :(
http://www.habbo.com/help/84

immense
31-05-2010, 03:59 PM
quote from the last article about the fansite way:

Fansites CAN:
- Post fun, friendly Habbo news with your own analysis.
- Hold competitions and parties in Habbo.
- Allow all Habbos to join in without discrimination.
- Discuss non-offensive Habbo gossip on forums.
- Create fun, non-offensive alterations.
- Offer help for new and old Habbos.
- Hold events for your readers.
- Offset your hosting costs with advertising banners or ad words.
- Use publically accessible images created and owned by Sulake Corporation Oy responsibly and within the restrictions of the Fansite Way and Terms & Conditions of Habbo Hotel.

Fansites Must NOT:
- Offer Hacking, Scripting or Editing Programs.
- Publish any unreleased news regarding updates, new Furni or features without Sulake's prior permission.
- Ask visitors for their Habbo passwords or personal information such as telephone numbers or home address.
- Charge users for premium services such as VIP access.
- Act as an affiliate for a commercial entity, nor offer merchandise (including Habbo Furni) or services for sale.
- Offer to buy, sell or trade Habbo accounts for real money or Habbo Credits.
- Break the law or talk others into breaking it.
- Publish any material which may be offensive to other users or contains sexual content.
- Publish any personal information, pictures, video or documents belonging to Sulake Corporation Oy.
- Use slander or any other form of bullying in order to harass other people.
- Disrupt the operation of any other official or unofficial fansite nor disrupt the Hotel community.
- Replicate any part of the Habbo Hotel service ('Retro' Hotels, Habbo Home clones etc).
- Represent that your site is approved by or affiliated with Sulake Corporation Oy or that any other content on your site is approved by or affiliated with Sulake Corporation Oy.

GommeInc
31-05-2010, 04:02 PM
quote from the last article about the fansite way:
That's not the official list though, the "rules" are written on the fanpage (or whatever those individual community pages are called) and it doesn't mention anything about premium services. That one looks as though it is the list published in a news article dating back to February 2010. The Habbo Fansites had an event between now and then, which means the Official Fansite community page has been updated since, so I'd go with the one that seems more official and up-to-date, seeing as that is a news article and time does change :P

immense
31-05-2010, 04:03 PM
Yeah, they've given a brief overview. Seeing as the Hotel Manager had a fansite and stressed we must not offer premium services I assume it hasn't been changed.

GommeInc
31-05-2010, 04:05 PM
Yeah, they've given a brief overview. Seeing as the Hotel Manager had a fansite and stressed we must not offer premium services I assume it hasn't been changed.
Then you can pretty much enjoy calling him/her stupid, which is always fun seeing as Habbo have been beaten by the dumb stick by Sulake a few times, and Sulake (who have had a dumb tree fall on them a few years ago when they went strict) :P You can call their bluff by saying a news article isn't an official page, and seeing as the official fansite page has these rules it is to be assumed that the fansite specific page is the correct page and not some out-dated news article. It would be like Habbox using their news system as official Habbox information for things like rare values and info, with a CS priced as 60 credits for example, but a news article stating they are actually 20 credits, and trying to call someone's bluff by saying the news article is correct, and not the official page :P

immense
31-05-2010, 04:07 PM
I think you're looking too far into this Ryan! Owners have more coverage with Habbo than us and no official fansites have changed. It's still the same.

GommeInc
31-05-2010, 04:08 PM
I think you're looking too far into this Ryan! Owners have more coverage with Habbo than us and no official fansites have changed. It's still the same.
Hardly looking too far into it, there's nothing to look at! :P If they can't release official documents then as far as the fansite world sees it, premium services are perfectly acceptable.

Black_Apalachi
31-05-2010, 06:40 PM
I just saw that they've changed the forum so that guests can't view the thread, but how would that improve privacy? If I really wanted to see your photo I'd take 2 minutes to make an account.

Although I agree that whatever threat there is has been blown out of proportion, as far as I know the new restrictions would now prevent future posted photos from appearing on search engines. If this is the case then this is a positive aspect. As you say if somebody really wanted to really see a particular picture it wouldn't take them long but still, if they're out of the mainstream easy methods of browsing large quantity of images (i.e. Google Images) then that can only be a good thing.

Soy
31-05-2010, 06:51 PM
Or just make some requirements/reccommendations for the thread

'we dont advise you to post pictures if your under the age of 16' etc.

and get rid of trollin'

Stephen
31-05-2010, 07:12 PM
ban anyone with the name samsta from the thread aswell

immense
31-05-2010, 07:19 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO i bless that thread

xxMATTGxx
31-05-2010, 09:26 PM
Hardly looking too far into it, there's nothing to look at! :P If they can't release official documents then as far as the fansite world sees it, premium services are perfectly acceptable.

I know what you mean but its one of them rules which can be found in other places on their website. Not only that it is in the FAQ for Habbo.com, so it must affect all fansites for any hotel. Which is a shame and I'm sure Sulake have some crazy reasons why this was implemented in the first place. I would love to bring back VIP as it used to be but unless Sulake tell us we can, then it isn't happening until that day! :P

GommeInc
31-05-2010, 09:55 PM
I know what you mean but its one of them rules which can be found in other places on their website. Not only that it is in the FAQ for Habbo.com, so it must affect all fansites for any hotel. Which is a shame and I'm sure Sulake have some crazy reasons why this was implemented in the first place. I would love to bring back VIP as it used to be but unless Sulake tell us we can, then it isn't happening until that day! :P
Last I heard, asking them why gets no response. As far as we all know, they have no reason to not alot VIP. They're just being "arses" :P

And the fact that each FAQ is different kinda shows Habbo are dreadful when it comes to making rules or consistency. Hasn't the UK merged yet? I thought that happened ages ago :P

xxMATTGxx
31-05-2010, 10:21 PM
Last I heard, asking them why gets no response. As far as we all know, they have no reason to not alot VIP. They're just being "arses" :P

And the fact that each FAQ is different kinda shows Habbo are dreadful when it comes to making rules or consistency. Hasn't the UK merged yet? I thought that happened ages ago :P

We got told before May was out I believe and the merge still hasn't happened. They probably found some bugs or something and had to delay it!

GirlNextDoor15
01-05-2012, 05:34 PM
bumpppp
i'm convinced that richie can be a good father bahahha

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!