PDA

View Full Version : iPod Corrupted!

Gina
31-05-2010, 09:34 PM
My iPod corrupted and like I tryed restoring it loads of times but it still isnt working, what shall I do? :S

I Have 2 iPods, 1 a shuffle and 1 nano, the one i talked about 4 was my nano but now my shuffles corrupted aswell

Apolva
31-05-2010, 09:36 PM
What exactly is going wrong with it? Does it show a sad face for instance?

hah
31-05-2010, 09:53 PM
shouldn't have let it hang around that apple crowd!!! they are nothing but trouble

GommeInc
31-05-2010, 09:57 PM
How old are these iPods?

Special
31-05-2010, 10:05 PM
what do you mean 'corrupted'

Black_Apalachi
31-05-2010, 11:26 PM
Only thing I can suggest is to try resetting it; toggle the Hold switch on and off. (Slide it to Hold, then turn it off again.) Then press and hold the Menu and centre (Select) buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears, about 6 to 8 seconds. You may need to repeat this step.

Otherwise you can only get in touch with Apple and explain the problem to them. If it's under guarantee or whatever they'll just replace it for you anyway. :)

More info here: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1320

Gina
01-06-2010, 07:53 AM
well its a sad face wen its plugged on my pc and when its not it's stuck on a screen saying 7:51

Apolva
01-06-2010, 09:28 AM
That usually indicated a hardware fault, but sometimes this works:

Connect it with the USB lead to your computer
Press and hold menu and select until the Apple logo appears, then immediately...
Let go and hold down select and play
Hopefully the screen will now read "Disk Mode"

If that works, then try this next...

Disconnect your iPod now.
Go to Start > All Programs > iPod > iPod Updater (the folder) > iPod Updater (newest)
Connect your iPod when it asks you to.
Hopefully your iPod will appear.
If Update is available, do that, otherwise click restore.

The iPod Updater might be in a different folder than above.

Unfortunately if those steps don't work, you'll need to send it away/try to fix it yourself.

Josh
01-06-2010, 09:53 AM
Find the latest firmware file, put it on your desktop.

Go into recovery mode (hold home and power button for 10 seconds and then let go of power button with it plugged in)

iTunes will detect it in recovery mode.

Shift-click the restore button in itunes and browse for the firmware file you found in step one.

Goodluck with it. (This is just brief instructions.

Hmmmm
01-06-2010, 10:10 AM
Mine did that, I took it to the nearest apple store and they replaced it for me.
But I think it was under warranty so...
But if what is suggested doesn't work you can always see.

Apolva
01-06-2010, 10:19 AM
Based on the fact you've already tried restoring it, it probably is a hardware problem.

One page (http://hubpages.com/hub/iPOD-Sad-Face---Fixed) suggests opening it up and knocking the hard drive ;)

Richie
01-06-2010, 10:22 AM
Bring it back to wherever you bought it, if its not under warranty bring it to one of those sidestreet shops that repair laptops ipods etc I wouldn't ask apple to repair it because it will cost you a bomb!

Gina
01-06-2010, 10:31 AM
Hmm my ipods ive had since christmas

GommeInc
01-06-2010, 12:37 PM
If I remember correctly, Apple chuck in a warranty of some sort which lasts for at least a year, and seeing as Christmas wasn't that long ago, it might be worth finding out about this warranty and seeing if you can get them to take a look and either fix them or replace them :)

Gina
04-06-2010, 09:42 AM
hmm...

Edited by Nicola (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not pointlessly

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!