PDA

View Full Version : iPad sales top two million in less than 60 days

HotelUser
31-05-2010, 11:19 PM
http://www.engadget.com/2010/05/31/apple-sells-two-million-ipads-international-launch-likely-the-m/

Apple Sells Two Million iPads in Less Than 60 Days

CUPERTINO, California-May 31, 2010-Apple® today announced that iPad™ sales have topped two million in less than 60 days since its launch on April 3. Apple began shipping iPad in Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Spain, Switzerland and the UK this past weekend. iPad will be available in nine more countries in July and additional countries later this year.

"Customers around the world are experiencing the magic of iPad, and seem to be loving it as much as we do," said Steve Jobs, Apple's CEO. "We appreciate their patience, and are working hard to build enough iPads for everyone."

iPad allows users to connect with their apps, content and the Internet in a more intimate, intuitive and fun way than ever before. Users can browse the web, read and send email, enjoy and share photos, watch HD videos, listen to music, play games, read ebooks and much more, all using iPad's revolutionary Multi-Touch™ user interface. iPad is 0.5 inches thin and weighs just 1.5 pounds-thinner and lighter than any laptop or netbook-and delivers up to 10 hours of battery life.*

Developers have created over 5,000 exciting new apps for iPad that take advantage of its Multi-Touch user interface, large screen and high-quality graphics. iPad will run almost all of the more than 200,000 apps on the App Store, including apps already purchased for your iPhone® or iPod touch®.

*Battery life depends on device settings, usage and other factors. Actual results vary.

Apple ignited the personal computer revolution with the Apple II, then reinvented the personal computer with the Macintosh. Apple continues to lead the industry with its award-winning computers, OS X operating system, and iLife, iWork and professional applications. Apple leads the digital music revolution with its iPods and iTunes online store, has reinvented the mobile phone with its revolutionary iPhone and App Store, and has recently introduced its magical iPad which is defining the future of mobile media and computing devices.

So much for you folk who thought it wouldn't sell :P

Jordy
31-05-2010, 11:20 PM
I swear we've had this discussion before. Yes of course it would sell but that doesn't make it a great product in my eyes.

xxMATTGxx
31-05-2010, 11:22 PM
http://www.engadget.com/2010/05/31/apple-sells-two-million-ipads-international-launch-likely-the-m/

So much for you folk who thought it wouldn't sell :P

I doubt our views would change that much even if it did sell. It was obviously going to sell.

HotelUser
31-05-2010, 11:29 PM
I doubt our views would change that much even if it did sell. It was obviously going to sell.

I didn't think it would obviously sell, if I'm honest I didn't know. And I personally don't want to buy an iPad. I find the news about it interesting because it's really changing the company I guess.

xxMATTGxx
31-05-2010, 11:36 PM
I didn't think it would obviously sell, if I'm honest I didn't know. And I personally don't want to buy an iPad. I find the news about it interesting because it's really changing the company I guess.

You kinda get the idea it would sell because it is an Apple product. It would get some sales at least by true Apple fans, I do wonder if or how many has been returned back to Apple though!

HotelUser
31-05-2010, 11:47 PM
You kinda get the idea it would sell because it is an Apple product. It would get some sales at least by true Apple fans, I do wonder if or how many has been returned back to Apple though!

It's not something I'd go out of my way to buy but it's something I'd probably keep if I had one. Either way I have my Nexus One which is much better. When I travel I wish I had something more portable but sort of bigger. Meh. When Android tablets (which are only like 100 smackers) come out, I'll probably buy one :P

GommeInc
31-05-2010, 11:52 PM
When was anyone saying it would not sell? People were more confused over the name, the usefulness, the specifications and the price :P And it's nothing like what Jobs described it as. I'm still waiting to see this product that was compared to the NetBook market as a possible alternative, when really it just focuses on the media side of the NetBook, which is basically what an MP3 player/iPod Touch is :P And because of that, he'll never be taken seriously by me, all he's done is make it look stupid when all he had to say was it's a long distance, larger version of the iPod Touch for people who want a bigger screen. He shouldn't of dared mention the NetBook market, when it is nothing like one nor does what a NetBook does!

Apolva
01-06-2010, 12:08 AM
He shouldn't of dared mention the NetBook market, when it is nothing like one nor does what a NetBook does!

A netbook's primarily for the internet, one of the main uses of the iPad (-flash).

GommeInc
01-06-2010, 12:14 AM
A netbook's primarily for the internet, one of the main uses of the iPad (-flash).
Says who? They're just a low-spec, low-profile version of a laptop. They're popular in universities so you do not have to lug around a laptop. They can word process and act as a mini-computer. An iPad just focuses on one section of a NetBook, the multi-media section of internet, video, music and pictures, with apps to extend on to this. A NetBook has so many more uses! All Jobs needed to say was it's like a larger iPod Touch that makes watching videos and browsing the internet easier. The NetBook mention was pretty pointless as far as marketing goes :/ Heck, an iPad has some practical uses over a NetBook, with a few apps designed for businesses (can't remember what apps were out there, but they got mentioned somewhere in a business paper). It just seemed kinda pointless talking about NetBooks, when really it's just an extension over the MP3 player/iPod Touch market.

Black_Apalachi
01-06-2010, 12:36 AM
Only one I've seen really is the one Jake Humphrey carries round while he's presenting Formula 1 on BBC and even he looks like a **** with it.

Recursion
01-06-2010, 07:41 AM
My view still hasn't changed.

It's ****.

On a side note, My HTC Desire phone, which is a lot smaller and has better specs than the iPad should be arriving today ;)

Apolva
01-06-2010, 10:22 AM
which is a lot smaller and has better specs
I guess size doesn't matter

I wouldn't mind one personally, but lack of flash support really throws me off.

triston220
01-06-2010, 10:46 AM
Apple really should learn that if they made a deal, they would get loads more sales.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!