PDA

View Full Version : Virus - Help

iLogan
03-06-2010, 11:59 AM
Hi,

I've got a virus,

I downloaded a dice rigger from a trusted friend only to found out that it doesn't work (UBER-NOOB).

I've tried running Microsoft Security Essentials but nothing is detected, the person when into my forum and turned it offline and gave a link saying "go on this (x link)" and when I went into the logs if was from my account but with a different IP.

Any help!

Special
03-06-2010, 12:04 PM
Spybot search & destory or Malwerebytes

They are both anti virus' and can download them both from http://download.com (http://download.com/)

xxMATTGxx
03-06-2010, 12:19 PM
It seems you have gotten yourself some sort of keylogger. If you want to be sure it has 100% gone, then I suggest you backup and reformat the machine.

iLogan
03-06-2010, 12:35 PM
Yeah, also Matt, I noticed someone changed my password on here, could you send me the IP address of the person who changed it?

MattFr
03-06-2010, 12:43 PM
Yeah, also Matt, I noticed someone changed my password on here, could you send me the IP address of the person who changed it?

And then do what, lol?

Do a Jewish Bear, format and reinstall.

Recursion
03-06-2010, 12:48 PM
Just format and reinstall.

What goes around comes around, you tried to rig dice, in turn you get owned...

Axel
03-06-2010, 01:24 PM
Microsoft Security Essentials won't find jack ****. Get a proper anti virus.

As someone already suggested, Malwarebytes is pretty awesome for a free one, as well as Spybot S&D.

Stephen!
03-06-2010, 01:48 PM
Actually MSE had the highest detect rate out of any other

Axel
03-06-2010, 01:49 PM

Well I'm only talking from personal experience, I guess I'm an exception.

xxMATTGxx
03-06-2010, 04:55 PM

I'm afraid I can't give out such information. I suggest you use another computer to change passwords for the time being while you reformat the one with the problem.

Rapidshare
03-06-2010, 05:30 PM

Lol what? Where that been proved?

Recursion
03-06-2010, 06:38 PM

Apart from the fact you can do **** all with an IP address, no one should be giving them out, even on user request.

Microsoft Security Essentials won't find jack ****. Get a proper anti virus.

As someone already suggested, Malwarebytes is pretty awesome for a free one, as well as Spybot S&D.

Well I'm only talking from personal experience, I guess I'm an exception.

LOL. Spybot S&D is not an anti-virus program, it merely detects Spyware. Microsoft Security Essentials has a very high detection rate with a very low resource footprint, that's why it is becoming the norm amongst tech communities. Spyware and Viruses are totally different, so no, you aren't an exception, you were just using the wrong tool for the job.

Lol what? Where that been proved?

It's been proven over and over again, a simple Google search will give you the information.

Axel
03-06-2010, 06:41 PM
LOL. Spybot S&D is not an anti-virus program, it merely detects Spyware. Microsoft Security Essentials has a very high detection rate with a very low resource footprint, that's why it is becoming the norm amongst tech communities. Spyware and Viruses are totally different, so no, you aren't an exception, you were just using the wrong tool for the job.

I said Malwarebytes, as well as Spybot S&D. Malwarebytes is pretty awesome for a free one, but it helps to get Spybot too...

Recursion
03-06-2010, 06:44 PM
I said Malwarebytes, as well as Spybot S&D. Malwarebytes is pretty awesome for a free one, but it helps to get Spybot too...

Malware bytes is only Malware, so again, you wouldn't pick viruses up with it.

Axel
03-06-2010, 06:49 PM
Malware bytes is only Malware, so again, you wouldn't pick viruses up with it.

Malware is a virus?

Recursion
03-06-2010, 06:51 PM
Malware is a virus?

-EDIT-

Scratch what I said in this post before I edited.

Viruses are indeed different to Malware, Google it ;)

hamheyelliot
03-06-2010, 07:03 PM
"Malware includes computer viruses..." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malware

I'm certain that a virus comes under malware. Malwarebytes is good for an extensive search, you should give it a run.

Recursion
03-06-2010, 07:33 PM
"Malware includes computer viruses..." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malware

I'm certain that a virus comes under malware. Malwarebytes is good for an extensive search, you should give it a run.

Ill give you that one.

But it still doesn't alter the fact that MS Security Essentials is one of the best out there now.

-Sweex
05-06-2010, 12:42 PM
Ill give you that one.

But it still doesn't alter the fact that MS Security Essentials is one of the best out there now.

Got to admit, never had an infection ever since i've used Security Essentials.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!