PDA

View Full Version : HOW TO REVISE HISTORY?!?!?

hah
03-06-2010, 05:48 PM
omg i hate this subject so much lol
i have four books to revise.......ive gone through them and chosen i topics im gunna concentrate on but i dont get how to revise for it lol.......i have essays done out on topics but some of the stuff wont stick in my head
help
+rep to help

immense
03-06-2010, 05:51 PM
lol ive been revising history today and yday. basically i read through everything, make notes then read my notes. if you know specific topics, like for example

ireland potato famine (lol)

think of the causes then do mind maps
then write a conclusion for each topic rather than writing out essays

i love historyyyyyyyyyy and i always get As in it so listen to me ;l

MrPinkPanther
03-06-2010, 05:55 PM
Irish cant grow potatoes lolololololol

hah
03-06-2010, 05:57 PM
not even doing that in history tbh lol
but yeah thanks illl try that because learned off essays isnt working for me and i have so little time
+rep

need to sprea ul for u LOL

yes we can flyduo
you aint seen out farming skills

immense
03-06-2010, 05:57 PM
lmao i remember learning about an irish potato famine once

great fun

Axel
03-06-2010, 05:58 PM
I'm wondering how I'll revise History to this year... for Maths is easy, it's just reading through all of the formulas and lots of practicing questions. For History, how I revised last year for AS was... not revising at all until the day before, then looking up everything on Wikipedia and spending like 8 hours revising. And somehow, I came out with full marks in the Germany/Spain paper and 90% in the British paper. ;/

immense
03-06-2010, 05:59 PM
omg that's u josh and rozi who said +rep and didn't give it

fgs peeps i have like 200 points... TIGHT.

MrPinkPanther
03-06-2010, 06:04 PM
yes we can flyduo
you aint seen out farming skills

have to, i know an irish person who plays farmville, she's crap.

hah
03-06-2010, 06:38 PM
my farm was great until i got bored of it (H)
but yeah
anyone else got more tips

Becca
03-06-2010, 07:31 PM
why don't you try doing a mind map ;s
(spider diagram) do the topic in history that you're doing then on a line put things like the dates and stuff while you're writing it it'll probs end up in ur head etc. do a one or two for each book. i don't know if it would help but it helped my sister.

lorren
03-06-2010, 08:20 PM
im having this problem...and im 13. history gcse on wednesday:(

cocaine
03-06-2010, 08:29 PM
for the british history AS exam just gone i made notes with sharpies and stuff and put them on the wall. make them colourful so they'll stick in your mind.

-:Undertaker:-
03-06-2010, 09:06 PM
History is the easiest subject to revise for - I dont like mind maps so I just list everything to each persons reign/time. So for example that'd be Tsar Alexander II - listed dates + facts/events and the same then goes for Tsar Alexander III, Tsar Nicholas II and Vladimir Lenin.

Banana Pancakes
03-06-2010, 09:28 PM
I do the other history course, Charles V and all that shizzle.
Basically, I just read through my notes, that's it.

Shar
03-06-2010, 09:55 PM
Use flash cards they really help, it helps by breaking down each section :)

Geraint
03-06-2010, 11:51 PM
Just gone read over my notes and do some past papers.

Grig
04-06-2010, 03:42 AM
You should have the typical kinda of questions that come up in exams and revise how you'd structure those. With what each para would cotain. Look at past exam questions, often a lot of them are quite similair concepts and they just reword the questions. There usually are about a few set questions that can come up for each topic, you could even predict what would come up that hasn't come up in years.

If you know what to write for each typical paragraph in a essay then your good becuase I know just reading pages and pages of history books is always good to obtain information, yet won't ever translate too well into the actual history exam.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!