PDA

View Full Version : Staff User-bars

Black_Apalachi
05-06-2010, 01:30 AM
I dunno if I'm just blind or what but I only started noticing user-bars for things like News Reporters and Radio DJs before. Just felt like pointing it out because it makes sense to have them for all staff rather than just Admins and stuff (I'm sure it was only Admins and Super Mods who had them before ??) and they look pretty cool :8

Hecktix
05-06-2010, 10:59 AM
Yeah they've been around since we introduced all the new userbars with vb4. Only problem is they only show if you are in that primary usergroup - so if you are staff but have donator or VIP then it doesnt show.

We experimented letting them show with donator/vip the other day and it was god damn awful :P However we did decide to make the "Moderator" ones permanent - as it's handy to point out who the moderators are.

Black_Apalachi
05-06-2010, 04:06 PM
Ohh I see. :P Can't you just make all user-bars stack vertically? Now and again there might be combos that don't look great but surely it would be better for the forum overall. I mean if someone had loads then it would be a problem but I doubt anybody has more than three or four, do they?

Jamesy
05-06-2010, 04:14 PM
Ohh I see. :P Can't you just make all user-bars stack vertically? Now and again there might be combos that don't look great but surely it would be better for the forum overall. I mean if someone had loads then it would be a problem but I doubt anybody has more than three or four, do they?

thats what we thought when we stacked them all, quite a few people have a lot and it looked quite silly :)

immense
05-06-2010, 04:16 PM
pixel artist and it crowd should be removed anyways

Black_Apalachi
06-06-2010, 01:34 PM
pixel artist and it crowd should be removed anyways

Yeah, if there wasn't optional ones open to everybody, would there still be people with loads?

Hecktix
06-06-2010, 10:04 PM
Yeah, if there wasn't optional ones open to everybody, would there still be people with loads?

Yeah, people with 3 or 4 jobs looked shocking, the mis-matched colours were quite bad too to be honest. It's a nice idea in concept but it really did look horrific and until I announced in the staff forums that it was only a test - there were staff with their pitch forks ready to come and hunt me down.

Stryderman
06-06-2010, 10:08 PM
You could have like gradiant of colours so if your color is say blue from news an red from mod an black from donator

loooool

Stryderman

Tintinnabulate
07-06-2010, 07:17 AM
Explains why it mentioned my job role for a very short space of time then.

Black_Apalachi
07-06-2010, 11:45 AM
I don't see how different colours would look bad together - they're supposed to be different. Feels necessary for members to be able to see what exactly each member of staff is and if it was me, I'd be proud enough of my different roles to not care what the user-bars looked like. If they're so terrible then maybe different ones should be made that go together better :P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!