PDA

View Full Version : Do you believe in an afterlife?

Mathew
05-06-2010, 11:22 AM
Why / why not?

I'd really like to think that there is an afterlife of some sort but I'm unsure as to whether there is or not. It seems odd that we are put on this Earth just once and then simply plunged into the darkness of death.

Your opinion?

Banana Pancakes
05-06-2010, 12:00 PM
i hope there is one. as a catholic i'm taught there is one so i'll say yes.

-:Undertaker:-
05-06-2010, 01:38 PM
I believe in heaven yeah, I couldnt argue for it but I just think there is one.

immense
05-06-2010, 01:40 PM
I like to think people who I know have passed away are in "heaven" or some sort of after-life. Realistically, I am very sceptical anything like this exists. When you die, you die in my opinion.

Becca
05-06-2010, 01:44 PM
I think there is an afterlife, but it's hard to question. No-one knows who is still on earth. I think it's true about the tunnel etc but I don't know what happens after that. I don't believe in the whole "reincarnation" thing. You life once.

Special
05-06-2010, 01:59 PM
yeah because it's hard for me to come to terms with my brain just stopping, you can't imagine it

Apolva
05-06-2010, 02:03 PM
I believe that when you die it'll be just like before you were born (ie. absolutely nothing), since all your brain is is a very complex set of chemical reactions (which would stop when you die).

Black_Apalachi
05-06-2010, 03:32 PM
I also *like* to believe it and used to, but I don't. I think it was once I experienced death I was like nah they're gone for good.

Pyroka
05-06-2010, 03:32 PM
hopin so but hey...

buttons
05-06-2010, 03:38 PM
i never used to but i know of so many people who've had deceased relatives/friends come through to them through psychics, including my gran to my mum. so i truly believe there's something there, considering my gran said she forgave me for something the psychic wouldn't know. dunno though.

Jamesy
05-06-2010, 03:57 PM
I don't believe in anything after death, we just die and there is nothing... because you're dead.

Black_Apalachi
05-06-2010, 04:11 PM
i never used to but i know of so many people who've had deceased relatives/friends come through to them through psychics, including my gran to my mum. so i truly believe there's something there, considering my gran said she forgave me for something the psychic wouldn't know. dunno though.

Psychics and mediums just make me believe even less lol

Apolva
05-06-2010, 04:12 PM
i know of so many people who've had deceased relatives/friends come through to them through psychics

Don't want to upset you, but psychics are all rouges IMO.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cold_reading

cocaine
05-06-2010, 04:12 PM
i know of so many people who've had deceased relatives/friends come through to them through psychics,

psychics aka frauds................

Shar
05-06-2010, 04:16 PM
I believe in a heaven and hell.

buttons
05-06-2010, 04:18 PM
Psychics and mediums just make me believe even less lol

Don't want to upset you, but psychics are all rouges IMO.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cold_reading

psychics aka frauds................
lol yeah i'm aware that they can find out stuff through body language, reactions and they way they talk
it's just what i've personally seen, my mums friend is a medium and i really believe her, she'd never decieve anyone. maybe she's the only though idk:P

ecstasy
05-06-2010, 06:39 PM
i doubted psychics quite a bit, but even more now after i watched the show derren brown did about "the man who contacts the dead" where he just owned him

aaaanyway, no i dont beilieve in an afterlife. when you die, both your brain and heart stop working. you cant do anything without them. i dont believe in a soul either so thats out of the equation

Apolva
05-06-2010, 06:43 PM
i doubted psychics quite a bit, but even more now after i watched the show derren brown did about "the man who contacts the dead" where he just owned him
I saw that aha was hilarious.

ItsDave
05-06-2010, 06:44 PM
It'd be nice to think there's an afterlife, but you just get re-born.
In this life, are spirit has come to remember things, we've just realised. And so through meditation in this life, you get re-born into something in the future or past, but with the knowledge our consiousness has finally allowed us to remember for a better new life.

Or we just rot in the ground. One or the other.

alexxxxx
05-06-2010, 06:51 PM
no unfortunately. it would be nice though.

Soy
05-06-2010, 06:56 PM
Yes, I believe that one day I will be a pretty butterfly or go to nirvana and make love to an unlimited number of virgins.

LOL jk I have a brain and choose to follow evoloution.

DAMI3N
05-06-2010, 07:00 PM
Why / why not?

I'd really like to think that there is an afterlife of some sort but I'm unsure as to whether there is or not. It seems odd that we are put on this Earth just once and then simply plunged into the darkness of death.

Your opinion?

God, I hope so. or life will be boring.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!