PDA

View Full Version : YourCMS - A project I'm working on

fruits
05-06-2010, 08:27 PM
Hey there,

As you can see from the title, I'm working a multi-functional Content Management System called - you guessed it, YourCMS.

You'll be able to add forums, blogs, or anything you could think of easily :)

The layout of the site is fully editable, down to the core code. If you don't know code, it has a small (simple) website builder built in.

I just wanted to let you guys (and gals) know about this project... I'm really excited. Post any questions you have, including suggestions.

Miles :eusa_whis

Trinity
05-06-2010, 08:56 PM
let you guys (and gals)

Ahem, why do the gals get put in brackets? :(
Any screenshots/code samples to show us?
How much of it is completed so far?

And most importantly, good luck with the project :)

fruits
05-06-2010, 09:38 PM
Ahem, why do the gals get put in brackets? :(
Any screenshots/code samples to show us?
How much of it is completed so far?

And most importantly, good luck with the project :)

How do I edit my post... I can't find an edit button :(

Anyhoo, I'll attatch some screenies in a while. It's only about 10% complete, but it's making good progress... thanks!

Source
05-06-2010, 11:24 PM
One does wonder why you are talking about a project that is only 10% complete. The chances of it being completed are low, and the chances of it competing with the 10,000 other CMS' is even lower.

Not being rude, just realistic.

P.S Trinity, Why don't I see you tweeting now?!

Trinity
06-06-2010, 12:01 AM
One does wonder why you are talking about a project that is only 10% complete. The chances of it being completed are low, and the chances of it competing with the 10,000 other CMS' is even lower.

Not being rude, just realistic.

Maybe he feels that his project would turn out better if he has support from the community throughout the project, instead of just presenting them with a CMS that they might not be interested in after he's put in lots of work.
Also, I only wrote that so the next bit wouldn't get me shouted at for posting off topic.

P.S Trinity, Why don't I see you tweeting now?!

Pfft, look who's talking. I seem to remember a lack of tweets from you during the time just before I gave up on twitter (http://twitter.com/OMGTrinity/status/5645593093). I'm not saying the 2 things are connected, but it certainly made twitter less interesting :( I've popped back a few times since then, but I can't really see myself returning to it properly.

Source
06-06-2010, 01:07 PM
Then I am heart broken.

I can see what you are saying about support from the community, but at least provide screenshots, feature list, roadmap or something.

redtom
06-06-2010, 09:54 PM
Yeah what are the main features you going to be including? Would be a nice to have rough idea of what to expect

fruits
07-06-2010, 10:28 PM
Alright, I'm going to try to give a description of this entire project.

Roadmap: (this is a general idea)

1) Although it may sound strange, I'm working on the installer and the core CSS files atm. This is so I have a foundation to move on to more important areas.

2) I will then be working on coding and designing the Admin Control Panel, where the owner of the site has complete control of the CMS and it's content.

3) Next, I will implement the visual website builder (so the admin can edit the look and feel of the site). It will also contain a code view, where you can get down to the bare bones.

4) Well, not quite sure what I'll do next. Community involvement is what I'm aiming for here, that's why I like the comments :P

Core Feature list: (not done)

1) Ability to add "Modules"; which could be a forum, a blog, or a blank page... at the click on a button. Available through the admin control panel.

2) Complete control over your site and the CMS. I'm trying for this to be highly customizable so it turns out just how the owner wants it. Certain CSS files are editable also.

3) Like I said above, suggestions would help a great deal.

Pictures are coming soon, but it's quite boring at this stage.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!