PDA

View Full Version : Goldeneye being remade?

MrPinkPanther
05-06-2010, 09:45 PM
Very interesting.
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=249488

Thoughts?

W00TZEH
05-06-2010, 09:51 PM
it was supposed to be for 360 arcade wasnt it? got canceled though

dbgtz
05-06-2010, 10:28 PM
Issues with nintendo wasn't there?
If it is being remade then nintendo and msoft will need to make a deal unless a completely different company remakes it.

GoldenMerc
05-06-2010, 11:31 PM
rare made it and there most likely going to be favoring nintendo

Blinger$
06-06-2010, 12:33 AM
rare made it and there most likely going to be favoring nintendo
I thought microsoft bought Rare out? thats why there will won't be a new donkey kong game for a while (or something like that) because nintendo owns the copyright for donkey kong and RARE holds something else.

some weird thing like that (it might be a different game though:S?)

MrPinkPanther
06-06-2010, 08:53 AM
Basically Nintendo owns the rights to the original I believe because they used to own Rare, there was a deal with Nintendo to allow Goldeneye to be on Xbox Live but Iwata pulled the plug on it at the last moment. HOWEVER now its being remade for the Wii and DS by the same people who made Nightfire which obviously isn't Rare.

Neversoft
06-06-2010, 09:34 AM
Bascially, Rare created GoldenEye 007 for Nintendo when they were a third party, but have since been bought out by Microsoft. Nintendo couldn't put the game on VC since a competitor (Microsoft) now owned the developers of the game (Rare). The two went into discussions and tried to settle a deal, but at the end of the day the two couldn't agree on anything. Now it appears Nintendo have opted for the second choice and are remaking the game.

It's brilliant news if Eurocom are at the helm, because I personally think Nightfire is one of the best multiplayer games ever made. They could do great things with GoldenEye, since that too was originally praised for its multiplayer aspects. They should keep it as close to the original as possible while obviously updating the graphics and adding online capabilities and the use of bots in multiplayer. Wa-la! The GoldenEye we've all wanted. However, I don't think it will be the same with the Wii Remote. I've always been against using it in shooting games. Please allow us to use the Classic or Gamecube controllers!

Neversoft
15-06-2010, 08:32 PM
New info on the game from E3.

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/109/1097593p1.html

Online multiplayer + November 2010 release. Lots of nods to the original game and you will also be able to use the Classic Controller is you so desire.

dbgtz
15-06-2010, 09:19 PM
Remakes make me wonder tbh as they never feel the same.

Neversoft
15-06-2010, 10:14 PM
Remakes make me wonder tbh as they never feel the same.

Well its a lot better than having nothing at all.

GommeInc
15-06-2010, 10:44 PM
I saw the video of it earlier, looks really good :) It brings back a lot of old memories :D Can't wait :D

Simmzay
16-06-2010, 10:39 PM
Looks so bad. Should've just ported it, fixed up the framerate and visuals and stick it on virtual console.

Jam
16-06-2010, 10:41 PM
Well its a lot better than having nothing at all.

Not really? Why ruin part of the history of one of the games that is often seen as one of the best ever just for a few $$$.

Neversoft
17-06-2010, 11:23 AM
Not really? Why ruin part of the history of one of the games that is often seen as one of the best ever just for a few $$$.

Yes really. It's not ruining anything. The original will always be there to play if you don't like the new one... plus it isn't for a bit of money, the fans clearly wanted this game. Obviously you haven't been keeping up to date with the year-long debate and controversy surrounding the original GoldenEye and VC. It's also clear you don't know anything about the game at all. It's not a frame-for-frame remake, the single player mode will be completely different and of course everything else will be upgraded. The only things that will stay the same are the characters. It would be nice if you actually knew what you were talking about before posting.

GommeInc
17-06-2010, 01:01 PM
Yes really. It's not ruining anything. The original will always be there to play if you don't like the new one... plus it isn't for a bit of money, the fans clearly wanted this game. Obviously you haven't been keeping up to date with the year-long debate and controversy surrounding the original GoldenEye and VC. It's also clear you don't know anything about the game at all. It's not a frame-for-frame remake, the single player mode will be completely different and of course everything else will be upgraded. The only things that will stay the same are the characters. It would be nice if you actually knew what you were talking about before posting.
Well, minus Pierce Brosnan... He's now Daniel Craig :P And there's a new character who got in the van, who I don't think was 006/Alec. Not sure about the NPCs though :/

EDIT: In fact, who is the other guy at the beginning? I don't remember there being anyone :P

Neversoft
17-06-2010, 05:44 PM
Well, minus Pierce Brosnan... He's now Daniel Craig :P And there's a new character who got in the van, who I don't think was 006/Alec. Not sure about the NPCs though :/

EDIT: In fact, who is the other guy at the beginning? I don't remember there being anyone :P

But he's still James Bond. :P Although thinking about it now there are bound to be changes to the characters as well. How many playable characters were there in the original? I'm trying to remember if Scaramanga was one of them.

Also, just found out you can use the Gamecube controller as well. I hope they have the same control scheme as in Nightfire since GoldenEye is being made by the same developers.

GommeInc
17-06-2010, 10:50 PM
But he's still James Bond. :P Although thinking about it now there are bound to be changes to the characters as well. How many playable characters were there in the original? I'm trying to remember if Scaramanga was one of them.

Also, just found out you can use the Gamecube controller as well. I hope they have the same control scheme as in Nightfire since GoldenEye is being made by the same developers.
But he looks like a middle-aged builder :( Scaramanga wasn't in there, and for multiplayer you could play as any character - soldiers, officers etc. :)

It makes me wonder if Natalia might be changed :/

Neversoft
18-06-2010, 06:20 AM
Oh thats right. These days such secondary characters are never really playable. If the trailer is any indication I assume they've been taken out. Unless it meant '8 classic Bond characters' on top of the ones from the original GoldenEye. But it probably didn't.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!