PDA

View Full Version : My maths GCSE help :(

Nemo
06-06-2010, 10:57 AM
Okay well basically, i was gonna retake my maths GCSE again (eg. when i should have the first time but itook it early and got an A), and aim for an A*.

Now heres my problem, i've got WAY too many exams around it and it just seems like a massive waste of time since i have literally no time to revise for it, but i've already been entered for it. So should i just skip it? I mean i've got my certificate for my A n everything, and im doing it for A level so i don't think they actually care about an A* as much.

tl;dr: Should i skip my maths GCSE since i've already done it?

Banana Pancakes
06-06-2010, 11:02 AM
it depends what you want to do at university. if you're planning to do maths (especially at a top university) then yes. Anyway, if you're doing it for A Level then you don't really need to revise surely for the GCSE?

Nemo
06-06-2010, 11:05 AM
it depends what you want to do at university. if you're planning to do maths (especially at a top university) then yes. Anyway, if you're doing it for A Level then you don't really need to revise surely for the GCSE?
Gonna do computer science which requires like maths/further maths. Which im gonna do but only requires an A to do at my sixth form.

And yeh but actually doin the exam would be a waste of time surely, for example i got 1 paper tomoro and i have english the day after. And i could be revising for that english or the history exam i have the day after. Just so much i could be doing wit my time.

Special
06-06-2010, 11:08 AM
an A is pretty good, im getting a B and i've got no problems with a B lol

Banana Pancakes
06-06-2010, 11:11 AM
Gonna do computer science which requires like maths/further maths. Which im gonna do but only requires an A to do at my sixth form.

And yeh but actually doin the exam would be a waste of time surely, for example i got 1 paper tomoro and i have english the day after. And i could be revising for that english or the history exam i have the day after. Just so much i could be doing wit my time.

it's really your choice. it all depends on the universities you're looking for though. if you're getting an A in maths a level I guess you would be find to skip it.

Special
06-06-2010, 11:15 AM
also another thing i forgot to add is that it's no fault of your own that you have loads of exams around the same period, don't get stressed over something that can't be helped

Nemo
06-06-2010, 11:16 AM
it's really your choice. it all depends on the universities you're looking for though. if you're getting an A in maths a level I guess you would be find to skip it.ive got the A in gcse lol :p

also another thing i forgot to add is that it's no fault of your own that you have loads of exams around the same period, don't get stressed over something that can't be helpedYer i know, its just i hadnt anticipated so many BIG exams so close together (physics unit 3 ideas and history on same day what).

Banana Pancakes
06-06-2010, 11:18 AM
ive got the A in gcse lol :p

Yer i know, its just i hadnt anticipated so many BIG exams so close together (physics unit 3 ideas and history on same day what).

No i know that, but what are you predicted in your A Level?

Nemo
06-06-2010, 11:20 AM
No i know that, but what are you predicted in your A Level?
oh, no idea since i havent started yet but im guessing reasonably high since i was predicted A/A* in GCSE

Banana Pancakes
06-06-2010, 11:22 AM
oh, no idea since i havent started yet but im guessing reasonably high since i was predicted A/A* in GCSE

then I would leave it. focus on your A levels.

kuzkasate
06-06-2010, 01:30 PM
I'd give it a shot if I were you.. but if you really are that busy and can't find yourself some time, then just leave it.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!