PDA

View Full Version : Was George Sampson a Fluek?

smiffy70
06-06-2010, 05:11 PM
2 series have passed since george smapson passed with his dance to the song " dancing in the rain". his win has brougt him fame and has got his name known, he has recently stared in a 3D dance movie called " street Dance" But Should he have won.

I remember browsing some sites a couple fo days after his win and i found something quite strange, in the audition stages of the competition a man applied for the show but had to go infront of the producers instead. He preformed his dance but was turned away. the site showed his video and it was the exact same dance tht george sampson had preformed in the final.

this then made uproar around the site with some members saying that the video was fake which was later proved wrong, and others saying the ITV producers showing george the tape.

what i want to know is what do you think about this and do you think he really should have won

Jordy
06-06-2010, 05:16 PM
Yeah, it might be a bit dodgy what's been going on with the producers but the judges clearly thought he was good and gave him positive feedback and also put him into the semi-finals. He fairly won the final also, the public had the choice between 10 acts and he won, that's fair to me.

Nixt
06-06-2010, 05:20 PM
I'm pretty sure that's the case with most shows like this. I know people on X Factor go through an initial panel before going before the judges. At the end of the day it's a TV show designed to be entertaining so generally those they let through to the judges and, therefore, to go on Television, either have to be really good AND appealing to the audience or really bad and therefore funny. George Sampson was young, had a back story in that he was quite poor and had auditioned before. This man probably had none of that and, as Jordy said, he won fair and square in the end and there is no denying he was an excellent dancer.

smiffy70
06-06-2010, 05:23 PM
but it doesnt matter yh ok dont let him through and let george through and i mean id be ok with them showing him the tape but just think. u applied with tht dance gt rejected and then have some little poor urchan Win with the routine tht u gt rejected with must have been a big kik in the balls

Jordy
06-06-2010, 05:45 PM
Perhaps but it's not based on just one routine, he did many routines and probably performed it better. He also has the story, the looks and the charisma etc. You don't win Britain's Got Talent on one routine, it's about many routines and the person.

smiffy70
06-06-2010, 06:02 PM
tbh ur kinda right i could go on stage say my mum died of a series of heart attacks and my dad was in despair and jumped of a clif and i was left with an uncle who beats me

walk on stage do a little tricks and i would win, i wish tht some of the producers could c some of these stories are lies!

Kieran
06-06-2010, 06:08 PM
I read this story a day after he performed the dance.... Apparently the producers showed him the dance and suggested he did it. I'm sure I read somewhere the original dancer wanted to sue them for stealing his idea.

Black_Apalachi
06-06-2010, 06:17 PM
The song is Singin' in the Rain and I don't see why it was a fluke. He is a great dancer which was clearly recognised by the British public.

smiffy70
06-06-2010, 06:20 PM
I read this story a day after he performed the dance.... Apparently the producers showed him the dance and suggested he did it. I'm sure I read somewhere the original dancer wanted to sue them for stealing his idea.

Right im glad u said tht i thought i was imaganing things for a min but now it proves lol

Kieran
06-06-2010, 06:22 PM
Right im glad u said tht i thought i was imaganing things for a min but now it proves lol

It was the dance routine he was said to have stolen.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!