PDA

View Full Version : bigbrother

hah
06-06-2010, 11:42 PM
I think Habbox should run it as an event as it starts Wednesday. They could have a temp forum for it and the people who are chosen to be in BB can only see/post in that forum.
Just an idea init
/discuss

Meanies
06-06-2010, 11:47 PM
i think they should do a competition type thing based on who people think will win and the people who chose the winner get like special donator or something

immense
06-06-2010, 11:55 PM
habbox bb

quick

organise

Kyle
06-06-2010, 11:56 PM
i would enter but wouldnt watch

Mark
07-06-2010, 12:00 AM
Thats a good idea i agree :)

Alkaz
07-06-2010, 12:00 AM
Sounds like a good idea to me! :)

Martin
07-06-2010, 12:04 AM
That does sound fun :D Could be tasks etc, some of them having twists and stuff. It would also be a great way for members of the community to get together and bond more I guess. Having vote offs etc. Someone could be big brother and have a posh chair for contestants to sit in :O Maybe the groups feature could be used some how? I'm not sure.

Either way, it might be nice to do something with this. I will be ensuring the Entertainment News page (http://www.habbox.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=126&Itemid=500210) on Habbox.com is kept well up to date during the program. :)

Stephen
07-06-2010, 12:12 AM
Is it me or did habbox have one of these before? When habboxtv or whatever it was called was still around? Or am I thinking of something else or just wrong

oh wait i think that was habbo who did that?

hah
07-06-2010, 12:14 AM
habbo did it and habbox covered it
i think i should get a place for coming up with the idea

Alkaz
07-06-2010, 12:17 AM
Habbox did do its own version of Big Brother in the HabboxTV department before it was dissolved. We've been looking into bringing some of those episodes back to Habbox so perhaps this would be the time.
But like Sex said, we also covered the Habbo big brother last year or the year before. :)

marriott0.01
07-06-2010, 12:54 AM
Habbox did do its own version of Big Brother in the HabboxTV department before it was dissolved. We've been looking into bringing some of those episodes back to Habbox so perhaps this would be the time.
But like Sex said, we also covered the Habbo big brother last year or the year before. :)

Year before, I remember holding my Big Brother Production when my name was in one of Lost_Witness' News Articles. Such a proud moment :'(

Also, yeah Habbox BB sounds cool to me. We have the drama and the ********** we're pretty much like the real thing as it is.

Inseriousity.
07-06-2010, 05:27 AM
I think it'd be a good idea. :)
Although I'm not sure if it's too late to organise anything. Roxy's a bit of a perfectionist :p

Richie
07-06-2010, 05:59 AM
lol na cos 90% of the hx forum r big headed alrdy and if they got chosen to be involved it will make them feel like a god.

Tintinnabulate
07-06-2010, 07:14 AM
lol na cos 90% of the hx forum r big headed alrdy and if they got chosen to be involved it will make them feel like a god.

Hahaha

Last year they were against a sub-forum for BB when I suggested it as they wanted to reduce the number of forums and mainly because the year before the BB forum was dead while it existed. For this reason they asked users to use the prefix's.

myke
07-06-2010, 08:09 AM

u know this forum too well ;l

good idea but it's difficult to implement because when H-P was open back in '07, they done one, it went really well but people were making clone accounts to go and view what was in the normal forums and it ended up with them being disqualified, and ultimately it's a popularity contest

scott
07-06-2010, 09:07 AM
Although I'm not sure if it's too late to organise anything. Roxy's a bit of a perfectionist :p

hxss last year was organised the night before ;)

well there was a few events booked already but yeah, me matt and nvr ended up doing a lot of the stuff the night before :P

It would be quite interesting to do a Habbox big brother, Jess and myself are *hopefully* going to be doing an apprentice in July involving all the departments.

hah
07-06-2010, 10:20 AM

dont think it would have anything to do with her lol
i thot she was habbo-only.... more oli/garion/mattg

Hahaha

Last year they were against a sub-forum for BB when I suggested it as they wanted to reduce the number of forums and mainly because the year before the BB forum was dead while it existed. For this reason they asked users to use the prefix's.

god read. its a temp forum, not a sub forum. a whole category almost like a house with 3/4 forums such as task forum, house, chitchat, something etc..... then they can just delete them after

u know this forum too well ;l

good idea but it's difficult to implement because when H-P was open back in '07, they done one, it went really well but people were making clone accounts to go and view what was in the normal forums and it ended up with them being disqualified, and ultimately it's a popularity contest

they could have just signed out and views the other forums instead of making new accounts lol :S
it doesn't really matter if they can see it, as long as they can post :P

Inseriousity.
07-06-2010, 10:23 AM
Oh you mean a forum thing only, kk then yeah, don't see why not!
Although it's possible their world cup plans may get in the way, depending on what they're doing, not sure. :)

immense
07-06-2010, 10:29 AM
i think it's a good idea but with the world cup / merge i doubt they will

fgs i guess i'll organise it for them, matt when u read this, pm me and i'll get the ball rolling

hah
07-06-2010, 10:31 AM
but not everyone likes football
only a small amount probably dooooooo

xxMATTGxx
07-06-2010, 10:31 AM
hxss last year was organised the night before ;)

well there was a few events booked already but yeah, me matt and nvr ended up doing a lot of the stuff the night before :P

It would be quite interesting to do a Habbox big brother, Jess and myself are *hopefully* going to be doing an apprentice in July involving all the departments.

The HxSS 09 was sure planned a night before, that was a bit of a nightmare but turned alright in the end. Anything that went wrong we just blamed Nvr. Don't worry though, I'm sure this year that won't happen again. Good fun though Dinasaw? :P

Anyway back to the actual thread idea:

So like a Big Brother event on the forum, management or whoever chooses people and so on? And are you also suggesting a BB forum for when the TV show starts again?

i think it's a good idea but with the world cup / merge i doubt they will

fgs i guess i'll organise it for them, matt when u read this, pm me and i'll get the ball rolling

-pms you-

but not everyone likes football
only a small amount probably dooooooo

Could say that about Big Brother too. (Not disagreeing with the idea before you bite my head off!)

hah
07-06-2010, 10:42 AM
This is how it goes init. You open applications and ask questions, give people like 2/3 for days to apply and then you choose 12 people. Then you make a separate category with like 3/4 different forums like, BB Tasks, BB House ,BB Diary Room. Then the people who get chosen wll be put into a special user group with a colored name not taken yet and they can only see the BB forums, no other ones.They also wont be able to receive PM's from anyone other that BB. Then they do tasks and nominations and the forum users (not bb members) choose who gets kicked out in a public pole every nomination

i could run if cof
and i dont think you should make one for the show because its about the forum comps :P
the show can be discussed in TV forums in the thread thats there :L

and people who dont even watch the show said they would take part....eg kyle lol

AND ITS THE LAST ONE EVER
WORLD CUP IS ON IN 4 YEARS TIME

W00TZEH
07-06-2010, 10:50 AM
ye but we all die in 2years so its last ever world cup.

hah
07-06-2010, 10:52 AM
ye but we all die in 2years so its last ever world cup.

inersiollylt (comps manager forgot name lmao) said you dont receive pms so you didnt get the pm about ur vomit team tara, alexoc etc
so take it off and ask for it

the world cup is in africa this is in uk
we are supporting british jobs

immense
07-06-2010, 10:53 AM

british?? no job for you then lol

i'll do it dw

hah
07-06-2010, 10:54 AM
lets pretend its 1890 and ireland is still under the rule of britain
i think i have a job now

immense
07-06-2010, 10:56 AM
lets pretend its 1890 and ireland is still under the rule of britain
i think i have a job now

undertaker would love that

britain being the world power

Inseriousity.
07-06-2010, 10:58 AM
inersiollylt (comps manager forgot name lmao) said you dont receive pms so you didnt get the pm about ur vomit really-nice-but-scary-team-name with tara, alexoc etc
so take it off

this ^^

back on topic though, I suppose the forum could do two things at once and if a member wants to run it and is trusted enough to run it, doesn't really make any difference to me. :D

W00TZEH
07-06-2010, 10:58 AM
inersiollylt (comps manager forgot name lmao) said you dont receive pms so you didnt get the pm about ur vomit team tara, alexoc etc
so take it off and ask for it

the world cup is in africa this is in uk
what you chattin boio

http://i49.tinypic.com/33kprav.png

Inseriousity.
07-06-2010, 10:59 AM
lol it wouldn't let me send to you, kk I'll try again :(

hah
07-06-2010, 10:59 AM
i bet he has one of these in his house
http://i45.tinypic.com/20u49l1.png

took out the bit i thot might be racist

o/t : can we do it please please please please ill even do it
you just need to give me my admin powers

Black_Apalachi
07-06-2010, 11:40 AM
It failed when Habbo tried to do it (believe me - Oli and I had to cover it for Habbox, was torture) so I find it hard to imagine it going well for Habbox either. I doubt many people would bother watching it if they weren't involved.

Nixt
07-06-2010, 02:58 PM
I will discuss this with Oli and Matt later. So something like... We will open applications and the members will be decided after one week (we need time to sort everything out and give everyone plenty of chance to apply). We will choose ten 'house mates' whom will be given access to a Big Brother forum which only they can post in but is viewable by everyone. There will also be a "Diary Room" with threads viewable only to the house mate who creates a thread and Big Brother. House mates will not be able to see ANY other forum and will not be able to receive Private Messages. The event will run for three weeks with an 'eviction' in the form of a public poll every couple of days.

My only issue is 'tasks'. What kind of tasks can we do on the forum that are going to keep people interested?

immense
07-06-2010, 03:02 PM
do like bb related forum comps to win rep or maybe be able to get in the "house" and stuff. comp to evict someone, get the users involved.

Nixt
07-06-2010, 03:07 PM
do like bb related forum comps to win rep or maybe be able to get in the "house" and stuff. comp to evict someone, get the users involved.

Users will be voting and we could do some competitions for a couple of people to get into the house. I've got a couple of twists as well but I don't want to give them away. What I was saying is what are we going to get the 'house mates' to do - if we're going to restrict their access to the forum and stuff, they're going to want something to have to do and further to that users aren't going to be interested if all those involved are doing is posting a couple of threads in one forum.

xxMATTGxx
07-06-2010, 03:09 PM
Let me get this straight. The event runs say for three weeks and that user will only be able to see the "Big Brother" forums 'Only'? I wonder how many people can manage that. I'm sure it will be good fun though! Just need some task ideas really.

immense
07-06-2010, 03:10 PM
No forum rules in the BB forum for those involved lmao :')

xxMATTGxx
07-06-2010, 03:11 PM
No forum rules in the BB forum for those involved lmao :')

I can imagine what would happen already if we did that. :P

immense
07-06-2010, 03:12 PM
Nah but like if you let them argue and stuff it will be 100x more exciting.

hah
omg i can post in feedback woooo

you could do things like
everyone gets their own thread and last person to post 100 loses i dunno lol
suppose you could make us go on habbo and play a few games aswell

Martin
I guess you could look at ways of using the arcade/groups feature somehow maybe. Tasks could involve graphics, quiz's, competitions. As you said, it would be quite hard to keep people entertained for three whole weeks, especially with all other forum access/access to the outside 'forum' world restricted.

Maybe specific departments could offer up different competitions in exchange for various prizes or something. If this does go ahead, I would love the challenge of reporting the news on this 'event' and producing articles on it daily.

Maybe the contestants could have a daily blog or something also.

Special
I think Habbox should run it as an event as it starts Wednesday. They could have a temp forum for it and the people who are chosen to be in BB can only see/post in that forum.
Just an idea init
/discuss

yess thats brill

also like the 'it croud' there should be one for big brother

hah
07-06-2010, 03:13 PM
yeah what jake said LOL
just that could be great for people to watch
as long as it isnt some fake crappy one lmao
and you could make sure it doesnt go overboard

---------- Post added 07-06-2010 at 04:13 PM ----------

3 weeks is a bit long lol
maybe just like 2

immense
07-06-2010, 03:14 PM
yeah what jake said LOL
just that could be great for people to watch
as long as it isnt some fake crappy one lmao
and you could make sure it doesnt go overboard

---------- Post added 07-06-2010 at 04:13 PM ----------

3 weeks is a bit long lol
maybe just like 2
yeah i dont think any1 wud want 3 weeks lol

like 10-14 days rly

maybe 12 people in or something, 7 get evicted, 5 people in final goes to a vote or if ur worried it'd be a pop contest like u cud do a point system for any tasks u hold

immenseman wins the task with 10 pts
gapu comes second with 8

etcccc

cba 2 typ 2day

Kyle
07-06-2010, 03:15 PM
this is sounding better and better.

seperate forums for each contestant with a 'diary room' thread which big brother will reply in, etc.

hah
07-06-2010, 03:17 PM
i doubt they would let the argument thing lol :l
cant even ask people if they have ever been walked in while.... lmao

xxMATTGxx
07-06-2010, 03:18 PM
Intresting ideas are coming in! I do agree that three weeks is a bit long to be honest and probably better at 2 or slightly less. Its a possibility that we could let certain arguments go ahead I suppose, depends on what the others think. Although I can see that being abused and then the arguments going way over the top. But if you can all be nice about it, there is always a chance. ;)

Nixt
07-06-2010, 03:19 PM
I would be willing to make the rules a little more lenient for house mates (so as to make things a little more interesting) but I am not willing to do that outrageously so. This of course will have to be discussed with Oli and Garner.

hah
07-06-2010, 03:20 PM
remove the report button for theam and make them agree not to cry over it lmao
obv if things are getting serious
eg death threats
mods could step in

immense
07-06-2010, 03:20 PM
make sure people are active have a register thread they have to reply to within 2 hrs else they're up for eviction

we only want forum addicts

Kyle
07-06-2010, 03:21 PM
lol doubt people that threaten to kill people would be allowed to become contestants in the first place

hah
07-06-2010, 03:24 PM
thats 90% of this forum out then kyle lmao

immense
07-06-2010, 03:32 PM
If people want to abuse each other for this one time only then let them I say.

Kyle
07-06-2010, 03:33 PM
people abuse eachother anyway.

just have basic rules and it'll be gr8

hah
07-06-2010, 03:34 PM
make the prize good like 300 rep instead of 20 and a hc and 3 months of vip lol

immense
07-06-2010, 03:35 PM
and put in people you know who dislike one another and will argue and make it exciting

or best friends like saurav and sex

Kyle
07-06-2010, 03:36 PM
special big brother vip 4 all contestants
each contestant must have some sort of blog or something that they can update every day

immense
07-06-2010, 03:39 PM
make contestants uncomfy

make them say how much they like their fellow contestants from 1-10 and stuff lol

Inseriousity.
07-06-2010, 04:09 PM
make contestants uncomfy

make them say how much they like their fellow contestants from 1-10 and stuff lol

lolol evil but I agree with this :D

also comps only give out "20 rep, hc, 3 months vip" cos unlike these competitions, we have to dilute prizes between 40 competitions rather than 1. so if this big brother did give out 300 rep, we'd still give out more. ;)

Black_Apalachi
07-06-2010, 04:51 PM
I thought it would be done on Habbo! Housemates will only be able to see BB forums for the duration? Oh my daysss I don't wanna be one lol

immense
07-06-2010, 05:12 PM
I thought it would be done on Habbo! Housemates will only be able to see BB forums for the duration? Oh my daysss I don't wanna be one lol

makes it more exciting

all those who get evicted out lose 50 rep lol

make it a wicked prize but there are penalties if u dont win

Hecktix
07-06-2010, 08:05 PM
I'm just gonna put this out there, I think this is a great idea however don't you think it'd be something better executed in the Summer Holidays? Rather than starting it in a period when a lot of users are doing exams etc.

It doesn't have to run alongside the normal big brother, the one we did with HxTV didn't - that was August.

I think this would be an excellent event to run in July-August time - when the stress of school etc is off and more people are coming on the Forum.

For instance, for the last 4 years, July has been the busiest month on the Forum out of the 12 months in the year - so I think it'd be a good idea to use this to our advantage.

Kyle
07-06-2010, 08:06 PM
well it wouldn't happen right now as it takes planning etc as well as the hx world cup getting in the way anywaysss

xxMATTGxx
07-06-2010, 08:29 PM
I'm just gonna put this out there, I think this is a great idea however don't you think it'd be something better executed in the Summer Holidays? Rather than starting it in a period when a lot of users are doing exams etc.

It doesn't have to run alongside the normal big brother, the one we did with HxTV didn't - that was August.

I think this would be an excellent event to run in July-August time - when the stress of school etc is off and more people are coming on the Forum.

For instance, for the last 4 years, July has been the busiest month on the Forum out of the 12 months in the year - so I think it'd be a good idea to use this to our advantage.

July should be a very good month for HabboxForum then! ;)

immense
07-06-2010, 08:39 PM
no cuz ppl r on holiday and forum is generally **** anyway lol cuz weather nice, people r out etcccccccccc

Kyle
07-06-2010, 08:41 PM
people from hxf - out? lol... good one

immense
07-06-2010, 08:42 PM
people from hxf - out? lol... good one

lmaoooooooooo it'll still be good, just no way near as good imo

people wont follow it unless they're involved in summer time for sureeeeeee

Hecktix
07-06-2010, 08:42 PM
no cuz ppl r on holiday and forum is generally **** anyway lol cuz weather nice, people r out etcccccccccc

As I said, our stats show us that July has been the busiest month for Habbox for the past 4 years - a perfect time for it.

We will probably do something like this, as part of our very big programme during July :)

immense
07-06-2010, 08:44 PM
As I said, our stats show us that July has been the busiest month for Habbox for the past 4 years - a perfect time for it.

We will probably do something like this, as part of our very big programme during July :)
well that'll be because only one week in july is summer holiday for the majority of our users. i was replying to your idea about it being in the summer holidays. sure people come on but i think they're less inclined to follow it unless they're involved in july/august because there are better alternatives.

Black_Apalachi
07-06-2010, 11:01 PM
Will the housemates get a different anonymous account so nobody knows who they are, like Habbo did?

immense
07-06-2010, 11:05 PM
if that happened, nobody would careeeeeee!

Martin
07-06-2010, 11:07 PM
Will the housemates get a different anonymous account so nobody knows who they are, like Habbo did?

Wouldnt we notice who's missing from the forum? :P (Since it said something about us only being able to use/see that one forum during the event, and being able to post/see the forum on our main account would defeat the object I guess. It would probably get leaked somehow anyway xD

I think it would be best on members actual accounts. xD

Plus a lot of the personalities on here could be guessed within moments! :P I think the drama would be just as goog knowing who it is. xD

Cheryl
07-06-2010, 11:25 PM
sounds cool, quickly implement it:)

Black_Apalachi
07-06-2010, 11:55 PM
Well in that case save all the trouble and hold a quick 5 min popularity contest lol

The Professor
08-06-2010, 08:59 AM
Sorry thread is tl;dr. If it hasn't been suggested, you should make the "housemates" ONLY able to see the big brother forum with the rest of the members able to see it but not post in it. Also take their abilities to write on other peoples profiles and PM away so they can only communicate on that forum. No rules in that forum either (except avoiding the filter and posting porn). Could be pretty interesting.

immense
08-06-2010, 09:01 AM
Sorry thread is tl;dr. If it hasn't been suggested, you should make the "housemates" ONLY able to see the big brother forum with the rest of the members able to see it but not post in it. Also take their abilities to write on other peoples profiles and PM away so they can only communicate on that forum. No rules in that forum either (except avoiding the filter and posting porn). Could be pretty interesting.
Pretty much all been suggested and kinda agreed. Well I think they said they'd be more lenient, especially with the posting to cause arguments rule. Agree with you anyway.

W00TZEH
08-06-2010, 01:21 PM
Hi, i would like to be involved.

also install this world cup addon please, only 3days left.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!