PDA

View Full Version : Couple questions about controls on my headphones [+11 REP]

Black_Apalachi
07-06-2010, 11:54 AM
Just got a Turtlebeach PX21 and I'm not sure what some of the things are on the little control thing.

The first is a light which says 'Chat Boost'. It is sometimes lit but it seems sort of random. The other thing is a switch called 'Expander' with On and Off settings.

I know it's a gaming headset but I'm guessing the things I'm relating to apply to headsets in general so I felt it more ideal to ask here.

Thanks x

GommeInc
07-06-2010, 12:05 PM
Expander sort of expands the sound, it's hard to explain... Instruments sound like they're surrounding you, rather than just to your left and right. It gives the sound a wider range, rather than just sounding bundled together. Creative have a similar thing called "Expand" which I'd imagine is exactly the same thing :)

Chat Boost sounds like it might make it easier for the computer and the headphones to pick up your voice, like when you see two microphones where by having two it cuts out any inference and gets a better reading and clarity of voice.

Found this on Google for you :) http://www.turtlebeach.com/products/efpx21/faqs.aspx

Black_Apalachi
07-06-2010, 01:12 PM
That makes sense, thanks :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!