PDA

View Full Version : Flying ants

Richie
08-06-2010, 10:49 AM
you gotta hate them, we got them really bad last summer as they were reproducing and we didn't know. We are starting to get them now but we are acting fast before they have time to reproduce but my question is...

Do you get flying ants in your home?

Catzsy
08-06-2010, 10:51 AM
No but we have 'May Bugs' this time of year and they are disgusting! +o(

myke
08-06-2010, 10:52 AM
most households get ants and/or flying ants ;p

na, we don't, used to.

it made me laugh when i saw 'flying ants' in animals and pets i was like odear i hope richie aint keeping them

and rosie wth, they are huge...
http://startelegram.typepad.com/storm_troopers/images/2007/04/30/germanbug_3.jpg

Richie
No but we have 'May bugs' this time of year and they are disgusting! +o(

whats may bugs? ants are bad enough but the flying ones are a nightmare cos they can fly meaning they can practically land anywhere and for some reason they always choose to land on humans :l

I think my ant killer spray is broke, its just squiring water lol

FlyingJesus
There's flying ants outside in the summer but they don't get in the house. Outside of the ghetto we have doors and windows that aren't smashed up so that stops them usually

Richie
08-06-2010, 10:55 AM
There's flying ants outside in the summer but they don't get in the house. Outside of the ghetto we have doors and windows that aren't smashed up so that stops them usually

hahaha o rlly i never would of guessed, round here we are doorless but our community is great only 7/10 ppl get robbed everyday. I think this ant killer stuff is killing me its giving me massive headaches

IM SICK OF INSECTS the other night my family was held captive by a moth NOW THIS!

Catzsy
08-06-2010, 10:56 AM

na, we don't, used to.

it made me laugh when i saw 'flying ants' in animals and pets i was like odear i hope richie aint keeping them

http://startelegram.typepad.com/storm_troopers/images/2007/04/30/germanbug_3.jpg

whats may bugs? ants are bad enough but the flying ones are a nightmare cos they can fly meaning they can practically land anywhere and for some reason they always choose to land on humans :l

They are like cockroaches with wings but bigger! UGH! Luckily they only live for 3 days.

Richie
08-06-2010, 10:58 AM
They are like cockroaches with wings but bigger! UGH! Luckily they only live for 3 days.

yh but they are horny little devils last year we had 1000s of there babys

myke
08-06-2010, 10:58 AM
why are they in your house...?

Catzsy
08-06-2010, 11:00 AM

na, we don't, used to.

why are they in your house...?

I didn't say they were! :P Sometimes they fly through the window though.

Richie
08-06-2010, 11:02 AM
Myke I do keep them as pets 'selling fly ants 5dolla' oh and rosie flys that can fly through glass! THATS AMAZING!!!

Black_Apalachi
08-06-2010, 12:10 PM
I forgot about flying ants actually, haven't seen any this year. Nor have I seen any wasps. Never had them in the house either

FlyingJesus
08-06-2010, 12:17 PM
Them may bug things used to come down my chimney think they all buggered off now though not seen them in a couple of years. Their real name is cockchafer lol

Black_Apalachi
08-06-2010, 12:42 PM
Somebody was laughing at about that name on Facebook the other day lol, don't think I've ever seen them before myself. I hate crane flies (daddy-longlegs) though. A few years back did anyone else get plagued by them or was it just me

myke
08-06-2010, 12:42 PM
na round here was smothered in them :P

Swearwolf
08-06-2010, 12:46 PM
used to get em real bad from the old fireplace (gas thing) but not seen them for years

Catzsy
08-06-2010, 01:32 PM
Myke I do keep them as pets 'selling fly ants 5dolla' oh and rosie flys that can fly through glass! THATS AMAZING!!!

When it's open - like today when the sun is glorious. :P

Moh
08-06-2010, 01:36 PM
I'v only seen moths and flys. They ain't survived very long though.

ecstasy
08-06-2010, 04:12 PM
not in the house but if theres ever any around they'll be in a huuuuge swarm that seems to appear out of nowhere

itsphoenix
08-06-2010, 05:10 PM
No i only have ants in my house not flying ants:)

Volumise
08-06-2010, 07:39 PM
We have loads of flying ants flying around outside my house every summer

Blinger$
08-06-2010, 07:42 PM
we have wild rabbits. are they classified as annoying? :(

Nicola
08-06-2010, 08:56 PM
I haven't seen them in a while but omg they are so annoying.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!