PDA

View Full Version : New site

-paul.
08-06-2010, 01:16 PM
Hey all im thinking about making a new website but i really have no idea what to make. Anyone got any ideas?

::Art::
08-06-2010, 01:16 PM
a music streaming site.

-paul.
08-06-2010, 01:23 PM
so a radio? the only problem with that is i would need to find £170 for PPR

MattFr
08-06-2010, 01:47 PM
Don't make a site.

Trinity
08-06-2010, 07:40 PM
Hey all im thinking about making a new website but i really have no idea what to make. Anyone got any ideas?

A jedward fansite/forum called jedworld.com
I hate jedward but I'm quite proud of myself for thinking up the domain and I don't want it to go to waste.

peteyt
08-06-2010, 08:34 PM
I know a lot of people who keep making sites - they don't know what they want to do and plan it as they do it. Best bet is to plan real hard.

For example if you did choose the radio idea - you got to plan hard about your target audience and stuff before launching it - who is it going to be aimed at, teens, adults, family audiences? is there going to be multiple genres or is it going to be a specifc genere station e.g. a dance station? You could play uncopyrighted stuff and then you wouldn't need a license, but the question is would you have enough uncopyrighted music and who would listen?

Also one of the key things to do is check out whats already out there - what makes other radio stations popular, what can you take from them, what don't you like, so what would you ignore and also importantly what could you offer that they don't. Having a Unique Selling Point (USP) always does help.

The hardest part i find can sometimes be advertising though. You can have a great, an amazing idea, but its no good if noi one knows what that idea is, if no one knows of your site, so you need to also plan how your going to get it out there. How your going to finance it is also important - do you want to make money from it.

Heres some small tips.
(1) If you want to make money out if it - show your money where your mouth is - I know so many people who claim their going to make a lot o money over it but they wont spend a penny many times - if your willing to put a lot of money, time and commitment into your site it can often show.

(2) If you want to make money out of it - use a proper domain and decent hosting - Free domains look unprofessional.

(3) If you want to make money out of it - don't use free templates for your website design - I can not design and spent a fair ammount of money on a pro web designer to design my site - because if your site looks cheap so does your company.

(4) To gain the most out of target audiences - make sure your website is easy to use, simple navigation. And its also very important to make it browser compatible, e.g. works in I.E, Firefox, Safari, Chrome, Opera etc - if you miss one of them out your missing a decent sized target audience.

redtom
08-06-2010, 08:54 PM
There are so many ways of getting around licencing for online radios, plus the fact that the only time a licencing body would get involved if you were unlicenced would be when at a point in which they know they can get something out of you, so for example and brand new online radio station owned by a child with income of basicly nothing would have no problems with licencing. Theres no point suing a man who has nothing as you'll have wasted your own money.

eddiekins
15-06-2010, 11:29 AM
A gigantic insult generator site.
No, hear me out... Hackers could redirect their poor unsuspecting victims to your website were various aspects of their lives are viciously insulted.
Easy to make, easy to keep going.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!