PDA

View Full Version : Coke in laptop?

Jamieb
08-06-2010, 03:11 PM
Hello,

I had put the laptop on the floor with a glass of coke while I got on the sofa and my phone dropped onto the floor and split the glass of coke ontop the floor which then a tiny bit of coke went into the fan compartment bit.... I tipped the laptop and a TINY drop of coke came out so i left it on the side to dry out... I just turned it back on and it all works fine all photos and documents are there but there is a bit of a burning small... you cant really smell unless you get really close to the fan bit...

Do you think it will be ok? Also is there anything else i can do apart from leave it on the side?

Thanks Jamie

Kieran
08-06-2010, 03:14 PM
If it works, it's fine. That's always my analogy :)

Hitman
08-06-2010, 03:15 PM
Should be fine. Chances are it had that 'burning smell' BEFORE you got a bit of coke in it - but you never noticed because you never sniffed the fan bit - why would you? :P After a while dust collects and it gets hot there so it will smell a bit. If it's working fine then it should be all good.

Jamieb
08-06-2010, 03:16 PM
Yes thats why I though, but I dont think the fan was going, normaly on start up the fan goes abit unless i just didn't notice it? It wouldn't of nackerd the actual fan would it?

lorren
08-06-2010, 03:17 PM
uhmm i should be fine, mine was clogged up with choc before i dropped it - then it broke:(

Kyle
08-06-2010, 03:19 PM
if it hasnt exploded yet it'll be ok

Jamieb
08-06-2010, 03:21 PM
Lol thanks, this was about 4 hours ago...

I left it on for about a hour and seemed fine... Ill try it again in a min.. +rep to you all.

Recursion
08-06-2010, 03:45 PM
You'll be surprised what dust can smell like! :P

Jamieb
08-06-2010, 03:55 PM
Lol yeah, but been off now for about 2 hours and still smells strong...

Black_Apalachi
08-06-2010, 05:44 PM
Would a hair dryer be a good idea to make sure it's completely dry, or would that just risk blowing moisture further into the machine?

JamesGraviar
08-06-2010, 06:00 PM
Have you tried shoving your +4 REP points into it?

Edited by Nicola (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not post pointlessly

Casio
08-06-2010, 06:05 PM
Have you tried shoving your +4 REP points into it?

Noone asked you..

Yeah should be fine, You probably had the smell before :)

Jamieb
09-06-2010, 01:05 PM
Thanks guys!

Seems okay, I was using last night... I can still smell the burning not as strong but my dad couldn't smell anything so maybe its ok and i can just smell the burning for some other reason lol.

Thanks people.

Stryderman
09-06-2010, 01:53 PM
Youve probably noticed the burning now youve spilt something over it, Its like paranoia? if you never spilt it it could well be there but you wouldnt notice it :P

If it works fine though i see no reason why it would **** up at a later date

Jamieb
09-06-2010, 07:27 PM
Yeah, it was only a little drop but.... and seems ok.. Thanks :)

Cooljuanitostar
12-06-2010, 12:17 PM
The tittle is just to scare you jammie xD

Well it will be fine like all the other people said BUT I recommend to you go to a computer technic before it starts doing Boom!

LOL just do what I recommend or we will never see you back on this forum :(

- All was joking , everything will be find-

Trust me!

- By Cooljuan For Habbox Forum

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!