PDA

View Full Version : +rep carz

Stryderman
08-06-2010, 07:13 PM
Right basically ive had like 6 cars ive written off and ive decided if i paint it up nice myself then its not gonna get treated rubbish. *i hope*

Anyway im jus wondering, Wht do i need to repaint it?

Yeh im doin it myself like wht paints do i need how to i finish it after painted an how do i get the current paint off.

Also what do i tell insurance after ive done it, or could i get away with not telling them?

Ill +rep all helpful info.

Thankyou
~Dury

Blinger$
08-06-2010, 07:16 PM
Probably best to start with a google or YouTube search on how they do it?
And it could possibly look REALLY tacky :(

Stryderman
08-06-2010, 07:42 PM
If it looks tacky ill do it all over again l0l.

Probably best to start with a google or YouTube search on how they do it?
And it could possibly look REALLY tacky :(

Fapin
08-06-2010, 07:53 PM
I believe its more effort then its worth, you've got to change the cars documents as well, but sorry if i'm wrong, this is just from what i've heard

myke
08-06-2010, 07:53 PM
I know you have to do something with the logbook, because if not it makes it invalid or something, and it goes on the vehicle's record so may be difficult to sell, it may be difficult to repaint aswell because you might have to put all the layers on again, e.g. primer, paint and whatever else... it might be best to call a local respray shop and ask for help from them? They'll give you basic guidelines. Good luck... I'd like to see the finished product if poss. ? :P

Banana Pancakes
08-06-2010, 07:54 PM
http://www.torquecars.com/styling/respraying-car.php

That's quite good.

Stryderman
08-06-2010, 08:05 PM
Taaa +repped all so far (:

tdi
08-06-2010, 10:05 PM
how the hell have you managed to write SIX cars off? you shouldn't really have a liscence, and to paint cars use different grades of wet and dry to get it down to the base coat then primer it up spray it then lacquer it but it'll probably come out **** as all rattle canned cars do

also if you change the colour of the car you legally have to inform the dvla no matter what colour and the insurance company if you do it a non standard colour, if i remember correctly its the largest panel of the car that defines the colour on the log book

Stryderman
09-06-2010, 10:47 AM
I jus mess about in them too much. Im not rly a boy racer as i dont speed tht often.

But ta +repped

danzooo
09-06-2010, 06:06 PM
Well you'll need paint, for a start. And primer, plenty of wet & dry paper and a lot of time on your hands.
You must tell the insurance company or your arse will be out the door.

Black_Apalachi
09-06-2010, 11:42 PM
Erm am I the only one who is getting the impression that he is trying to paint a car which has been written off?

Also as tdi said, how the **** have you managed to wreck six cars? How much is your insurance now?! Mine's already too expensive after one write-off

Stryderman
10-06-2010, 05:31 PM
Erm am I the only one who is getting the impression that he is trying to paint a car which has been written off?

Also as tdi said, how the **** have you managed to wreck six cars? How much is your insurance now?! Mine's already too expensive after one write-off

Noo its a new car l0l.

Well 2 of my mates crashed 2 of me cars i rolled 3 an crashed the other 1.

My insurance is like 1200£ i never told them when i wrote the cars off jus changed it onto my new car :)

danzooo
10-06-2010, 07:44 PM
Noo its a new car l0l.

Well 2 of my mates crashed 2 of me cars i rolled 3 an crashed the other 1.

My insurance is like 1200£ i never told them when i wrote the cars off jus changed it onto my new car :)

How can you not tell them it was written off, if its the insurance company that declares them as write-offs? :S

Stryderman
10-06-2010, 07:51 PM
cos they were crashed to **** and you couldnt drive them after therefore i call tht written off.

Black_Apalachi
10-06-2010, 11:07 PM
As far as I'm aware (and I wish I'd known this earlier) you don't have to inform the insurance company of an accident that doesn't involve anyone else but a write-off could be a different story. Whole thing sounds a bit dodgy to me so good luck not getting caught and stuff

tdi
10-06-2010, 11:40 PM
I think he's referring them as 'written off' as he's deemed them to be himself, as in he's crashed them but not told the insurance company which is perfectly legal as long as you don't injure someone or damage someone else's car and do one, but seriously if you've rolled 3 cars i think you need to get a bus pass or something

also i hope when you say 'new' car, you mean 'new to your ownership' and not 'new off the forecourt'

Stryderman
10-06-2010, 11:54 PM
Yeh new to me, Bought it second hand ;p.

Yeh well they were like non driveable so there was no point claiming on insurance cos it would just make it rocket.

Bun
11-06-2010, 08:43 AM
ur clearly lying?? 6 cars behave

Stryderman
11-06-2010, 11:41 AM
Im 20 and ive been driving 3 years..

syko2006
12-06-2010, 07:06 PM
Why don't you just pay loads to get it painted then you end up with a nice painted car with loads of money spent painting it and you won't wanna' get it scratched or written off.

Satisfaction of a nice painted car, but you'd still be as pissed (if not more) if someone crashed into you. :)

danzooo
12-06-2010, 09:26 PM
Why not just buy a nice new car and don't paint it/crash it???

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!