PDA

View Full Version : Great :| PSN Maintanence at the worst time

Firehorse
09-06-2010, 04:41 PM
Sony is carrying out 'planned maintanence' from 4pm to 4am BST (British Summer Time)

They also decided not to tell people until this afternoon either. I mean... this is rediculous, if its planned maintanence then shouldn't they plan it to not be at a peak time. I know it's a japanese company and all but the EU, UK and USA almost certainly has more playstations than Asia does.

Maintanence is good, but the timing is terrible and thats my evening spent doing nothing since Wednesday doesn't exactly have anything good on TV.

Stitch
09-06-2010, 04:48 PM
Was just about to buy Joe Danger just before it went down and this was 20-30 minutes before it was meant to start so I assumed I would miss the maintenance. You can still play offline games and online play might still work. I read that it was only the store and account management.

Firehorse
09-06-2010, 04:53 PM
Yeh, it shouldn't be affecting online play at all.. however they're saying the maintanence is having some unpredicted issues and people can't login at all and at one point even the playstation website went offline for about 10 minutes.

I'm unable to login and others who are in are saying on the forums that they've been forced out.

dbgtz
09-06-2010, 05:08 PM
this is the best day imo, waterloo road and the apprentice and a bonus eastenders, thatll keep me busy for a few hours
but the times are a bit of a pisstake, would have been better from like 12-12 me thinks but surely each sony hq thing should manage them to the best time, ours should be good times considering SCEE is in London.

kk.
09-06-2010, 05:20 PM
Was just about to buy Joe Danger just before it went down and this was 20-30 minutes before it was meant to start so I assumed I would miss the maintenance. You can still play offline games and online play might still work. I read that it was only the store and account management.

that was a sign XD

Geraint
09-06-2010, 05:34 PM
i'm signed in. have been since about 3 seeing as i just leave it on half the time. played cod earlier with no problem. not bothered if im signed out anyway as im on fifa and i have revision to do.

Stitch
09-06-2010, 07:18 PM
It's a worldwide maintenance so they couldn't satisfy everybody.

kk.
09-06-2010, 07:39 PM
i assume this is why:

The Ultimate 3D Gaming Experience: Stereoscopic 3D Gaming on PlayStation 3 Available Tomorrow
Posted by John Koller // Director, Hardware Marketing
Hi everyone! The moment is here — starting tomorrow, high-definition stereoscopic 3D gaming will be available in your very own living rooms! As you already know, all PlayStation 3 systems are already equipped with everything they need to play stereoscopic 3D games. Thanks to a free firmware update released this past April, the PS3 system is the only console on the market that can support full stereoscopic 3D gaming — right from your living room, and with no additional charge.
Today, our sister company Sony Electronics announced its 3D capable BRAVIA HDTVs are now available for pre-sale and will ship to retailers later this month. There are a broad range of models available in different screen sizes, some packaged with active glasses and others without, giving consumers the option to choose which 3D entertainment solution works for them. For more information, click here.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/06/09/the-ultimate-3d-gaming-experience-stereoscopic-3d-gaming-on-playstation-3-available-tomorrow/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+PSBlog+(PlayStation.Blog)

Firehorse
09-06-2010, 08:19 PM
i assume this is why:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/06/09/the-ultimate-3d-gaming-experience-stereoscopic-3d-gaming-on-playstation-3-available-tomorrow/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+PSBlog+(PlayStation.Blog)

yeh, they confirmed this on the playstation forums too... not that most people are delighted that they're doing 12 hours of maintanence for a feature less than 1% of customers will be using in the next half a year.

Geraint
09-06-2010, 08:43 PM
It's a worldwide maintenance so they couldn't satisfy everybody.

they have given japan the best time though, understandably.

Dusty-09
09-06-2010, 09:08 PM
its just for 12 hours and some of the time you'll be asleep and half the time is already gone so theres really nothing to complain about - they're providing a service making it better and are doing a great job. We don't get much maintenance do we, we've had one when the map packs were released for mw2 and this. I've never had a problem in about 2 years so PSN are doing a great job, cut them some slack they are doing it for us and you can still play on your ps3 and tomorrow it will be back up and running as normal, whats so difficult of waiting until then? Theres so much more productive things to do!!

dbgtz
09-06-2010, 09:15 PM
Depends if you think 3d will make it better.

Dusty-09
09-06-2010, 09:23 PM
Depends if you think 3d will make it better.

3D is amazing, I'm sure you've seen a movie in 3D and a lot of them are great and although films depend on taste, 3D adds to the experience. I'm not happy with the maintanence but you gotta live with it, if you buy an LED TV which im guessing by the end of 2012 people will have PS3 will have 3D games, causing a new "revolution" in gaming, and thats what progress is about: improving and developing and creating better technology

dbgtz
09-06-2010, 09:25 PM
Yeah but on the ps3 it reduces resolution because it uses alot of processing power (or something). Tbh I expect the PS4 to have high power, 720p 3d.

Black_Apalachi
09-06-2010, 10:06 PM
We went back to my mate's house for a little bit today and were about to share downloads and then noticed the maintenance and were like oh gutted lol but then we just carried on with our lives

AlexOC
09-06-2010, 10:12 PM
We went back to my mate's house for a little bit today and were about to share downloads and then noticed the maintenance and were like oh gutted lol but then we just carried on with our lives

Quantity: none;

Firehorse
09-06-2010, 10:20 PM
its just for 12 hours and some of the time you'll be asleep and half the time is already gone so theres really nothing to complain about - they're providing a service making it better and are doing a great job. We don't get much maintenance do we, we've had one when the map packs were released for mw2 and this. I've never had a problem in about 2 years so PSN are doing a great job, cut them some slack they are doing it for us and you can still play on your ps3 and tomorrow it will be back up and running as normal, whats so difficult of waiting until then? Theres so much more productive things to do!!

yeh not when I posted it. Also if it started now or when you posted I can live with it, but I had nothing to do between getting home and now apart from do a bit of surfing and since I do that very often my regular sites don't have much new content.

Anyways the online gameplay is back up (for most) I just had an hours playing BFBC2...

Black_Apalachi
10-06-2010, 01:00 AM
Quantity: none;

So our lives don't exist? Make sense Alex

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!