PDA

View Full Version : Alter Bridge Concerrt - anyone like them?

Lost_Addict
09-06-2010, 05:13 PM
ya so hopefully im going to the hammersmith In October, just wondering if anyone lieks them XD

Plebings
09-06-2010, 07:04 PM
They're still going? Thought they died with the nu-metal/emo phase.

Lost_Addict
09-06-2010, 07:09 PM
Nah there still going strong XD

Misawa
09-06-2010, 07:13 PM
Nu-metal is still going strong. You only have to look at Linkin Park.

Alter Bridge aren't "emo". Also, like I've said countless times, what people classify as "emo" today isn't actually what the term means and was coined for.

They're a decent band and the vocalist has a very powerful voice.

Plebings
09-06-2010, 07:52 PM
I should really stop slagging off bands

Lost_Addict
09-06-2010, 07:57 PM
Lmao, i'm starting to respect Misawa more :D lmao

RedStratocas
10-06-2010, 08:50 PM
"emo" is the murkiest and most unclear genre tag. bands that are considered pioneering emo (fugazi, rites of spring, sunny day real estate) never heard the term "emo" thrown at them when they were actually around making music. it wasnt until about ten years ago that bands started crafting songs only using the more dramatic and simplified aspects of the genre, calling it emo, and cutting themselves. most of those bands hate being associated with the current emo trend.

and lololol alter bridge, arent they that band thats basically all the members of creed except with a different long haired vocalist?

Misawa
10-06-2010, 09:20 PM
Yep. And they reformed with Scott Stapp.

Emo was a term coined the '70s to describe bands who put their heart and soul into live performances - hence "emotional". No fashion, no silly hair, no "depression", just energetic bands with emotional performances. The term faded out and only return circa 2005 with a completely different meaning.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!