PDA

View Full Version : Zune / Zunethings.co.uk

Jam
10-06-2010, 05:38 PM
Has anyone had any experience with Zunethings.co.uk? I'm looking to buy a 64GB Zune HD when they come out and they are pretty much the only UK reseller bar eBay.

Jordy
10-06-2010, 05:52 PM
I was going to get a Zune HD from Zunethings.co.uk, they look pretty reliable and I like how you can return it to them if it's faulty seeing as there's no support for them in the UK but in the end I gave up as it's not worth it.

For £300 you can get the iPod Touch 64GB which is better than the Zune HD 64GB in every single way. Microsoft try restrict non-US computers using the Zune software so you'd have to hunt around for downloads links etc. Then of course the Zune software isn't up to much neither are any of the apps on the Zune.

I'm honestly not sure why anyone would buy a Zune HD over an iPod Touch when they're at the same price.

GommeInc
10-06-2010, 06:43 PM
I'm honestly not sure why anyone would buy a Zune HD over an iPod Touch when they're at the same price.
Depends if there are any restrictions really, some people just don't like iPods because they're too restricted, while others just want an MP3 player you can just attach to a computer without worrying about having programs installed to deal with the device. But that depends if Zunes are real MP3 players that just connect and use any software or the simple folder setup.

Jordy
10-06-2010, 06:59 PM
Depends if there are any restrictions really, some people just don't like iPods because they're too restricted, while others just want an MP3 player you can just attach to a computer without worrying about having programs installed to deal with the device. But that depends if Zunes are real MP3 players that just connect and use any software or the simple folder setup.It's a no for drag & dropping music and I'm pretty certain the only apps available to download are the Twitter & Facebook apps designed by Microsoft and a few games including Project Gotham Racing, there's no way for third party apps.

Jam
10-06-2010, 07:06 PM
I was hoping I could buy Zune Pass cards from America and redeem them over here, which as I often listen to music, having unlimited (rental-eske) downloads a month is more preferable than £1 per song.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!