PDA

View Full Version : iPhone 4 Simplicity 12 month

StefanWolves
10-06-2010, 06:07 PM
New to this and am really confused TBH, so I will try to keep it short.

My 18 months iPhone 3G contract is coming to an end on 16th June, I want to come off this pay monthly subscription, and want to keep my number. I then want to purchase the £15 per month Simplicity iPhone 4 subscription.

I have four questions:

1.) By cancelling my 18 month subscription, and going to 12 month simplicity, will I need to pay the whole amount for the iPhone 4? (around £500?) or the upgrade price which is going to be about £199?

2.) At the end of my 12 month simplicity contract (which will be this time next year), will I get some sort of upgrade offer the for the NEXT iPhone? or will I have to purchase it outright?

3.) How will I keep my existing number, and how will I transfer my existing number to the new iPhone 4 Micro-Sim?

4.) I'm currently 17, my nan has been paying my contract as a Birthday present for the past 18 months. I have direct debit and all that and enough to pay my bills. However you need to be 18 I believe to take out a Simplicity 12 month deal. This would mean my nan paying my bill (and me giving her the money, obviously) until I am 18 (September), when I am 18 will I be able to change all the details over to mine so it won't charge my dad anymore?

Someone on this forum has got to be on the 12 month Simplicity contract? I would phone them up, but if you're on O2 like me, you'll know that it is just a waste of time, unless you're good at trying to guess at what the Indian man on the other end of the phone is saying.

No arguing about EMA crap, please. Stay on topic.

Moved by danzooo (Forum Moderator) from "Technology Discussion" main forum.

dirrty
10-06-2010, 06:18 PM
o2 simplicity is for those who already have an iphone. so afaik you'll have to buy a pay as you go iphone 4 and then an o2 simplicity correct. i think that's correct?

StefanWolves
10-06-2010, 06:22 PM
That's what I though it was, so that would mean their would be no upgrade option at the end of the simplicity contract? So that would mean I'd be paying £499 for the iPhone (almost probably) and then getting the Micro-Sim Simplicity £15 12 month deal, so I think that's question 1 & 2 out the way, now for 3 & 4! thanks. :)

Jordy
10-06-2010, 06:24 PM
Can't you just go in an 02 store they'll be more than happy to help you out? 02 might have forums where you can ask too?

What you're asking is pretty complicated and none of us are 02 experts :P

Moving from a normal sim to a mini-sim should be no trouble, you can actually convert your own sim card if you wish by just cutting off the edges or you could get 02 to get you a new one and transfer it :P

StefanWolves
10-06-2010, 06:28 PM
Ah yeah I saw those video's on YouTube! and well, I have posted this on the O2 forums and It's been up all day with no help whatsoever, it's as useful as phoning up O2 and that isn't helpful at all. I'm pretty sure of what I am doing now, it's just question number 4 I'm worrying over lol.

Jam
10-06-2010, 07:08 PM
Not completely sure it applies to 'simplicity' but have you seen the 3G usage limits for the new o2 iPhone 4 contracts? I believe the 'cheaper' contracts have a limit of 500mb a month.

StefanWolves
10-06-2010, 07:10 PM
Yeah I have seen that news trickle out of the media today ad yes It does apple to Simplicity. It won't bother me all that much. I don't use 500MB per month. + When I'm out and about anyway there is always The Cloud and BT OpenZone hotspots which I can connect too. As long as they bring out an App so that we can monitor our Mobile Internet usage I can't see it really bothering anyone all that much. Thanks for the heads up though. :)

EDIT - just read It's UNLIMITED until October, but what If I take out my Simplicity contract before then? will I be able to bypass it? they'll probably have it written in the contract that the limits come into place no matter what after October. :P

Recursion
10-06-2010, 07:17 PM
Yeah I have seen that news trickle out of the media today ad yes It does apple to Simplicity. It won't bother me all that much. I don't use 500MB per month. + When I'm out and about anyway there is always The Cloud and BT OpenZone hotspots which I can connect too. As long as they bring out an App so that we can monitor our Mobile Internet usage I can't see it really bothering anyone all that much. Thanks for the heads up though. :)

EDIT - just read It's UNLIMITED until October, but what If I take out my Simplicity contract before then? will I be able to bypass it? they'll probably have it written in the contract that the limits come into place no matter what after October. :P

lol Apps can't run properly in the background, I can't see how it'd monitor data.

StefanWolves
10-06-2010, 07:21 PM
lol Apps can't run properly in the background, I can't see how it'd monitor data.
I didn't mean in the background. Have you seen the 'My O2' App? I meant just like adding something into their so it tells you how much Data you have used during the month.

Oh and yes as of 21st October, they can work in the background.

EDIT - Just remembered, theres a data monitor in the Settings.app on the iPhone. :P

Recursion
10-06-2010, 08:54 PM
I didn't mean in the background. Have you seen the 'My O2' App? I meant just like adding something into their so it tells you how much Data you have used during the month.

Oh and yes as of 21st October, they can work in the background.

EDIT - Just remembered, theres a data monitor in the Settings.app on the iPhone. :P

No they can't, they stop running and go into a "paused" state.

Nice to know that o2 thought about this though :P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!