PDA

View Full Version : Advertising Habbox.com is now a perm ban.

Purple
11-06-2010, 07:30 AM
Hey all, just letting you know I got warned for saying "Habbox has rare values". I sent a CFH saying "I thought it was official" and I got back "if it's not on our official site, it's not"

So.

GG Habbox. :-\

Josh
11-06-2010, 07:39 AM
Very lame rule tbh.

Mathew
11-06-2010, 07:52 AM
What's the link for the official fansite list on Habbo USA? Since the groups messed up I haven't been able to find the UK one..
I know there'd be some things they wouldn't have worked out yet.. :P

Moh
11-06-2010, 08:09 AM
That rule doesn't even exist.

I'v asked the moderators to direct me to that rule and they refuse.

scott
11-06-2010, 09:00 AM
Since when was it against the rules to advertise unoficial fansites anyway? :S

Josh
11-06-2010, 09:01 AM
Since when was it against the rules to advertise unoficial fansites anyway? :S

Idk. Habbo has become a distatorship! O:

Andii
11-06-2010, 09:21 AM
the official fansites wer duckhabbo habbohut and discusshabbo. . i checkedthem yesterday when the merge was happening. . but now i can't find them

Catzsy
11-06-2010, 09:30 AM
Well it says on the official fansite page:

REWORKING THE OFFICIAL FANSITES
Stay tuned for changes to the OFFICIAL FANSITES - all will be revealed next week during the Relaunch campaign.

We aim to have a fair system for all our dedicated sites, that is also safe for the Habbos of our Hotel.

Thanks,
Hotel Staff

There are some sites on them but not Habbox at the moment:

http://www.habbo.com/groups/officialfansites

You have to be signed in to see.

scott
11-06-2010, 09:31 AM
There's an advert in the welcome lounge that links you to the official fansite page

xxMATTGxx
11-06-2010, 09:32 AM
I think there is some confusion going on here. On the fansite page, aren't they the ones that were there before UK merging? Either way the notice on the page says:

REWORKING THE OFFICIAL FANSITES
Stay tuned for changes to the OFFICIAL FANSITES - all will be revealed next week during the Relaunch campaign.

We aim to have a fair system for all our dedicated sites, that is also safe for the Habbos of our Hotel.

Thanks,
Hotel Staff

We will just have to wait and see what they have planned for the official fansite lists from the multiple hotels and go from there. I have heard of the moderators banning people for advertising Habbox, although I think this is because the Mods are from SG and aren't really sure what is "going on". I find it odd that you aren't allowed to advertise other websites though, it's not like we are a dodgy site.

Andii
11-06-2010, 09:35 AM
yea thats what it said yesterday lol. . habbox.com will defo be number 1 and that means that we will get way more new people lol. . . the crap thing about all the merge is the way that the groups can onli have a certain amount of ppl in them so you have got a small chance of joining an important group such as Fansites

Moh
11-06-2010, 09:40 AM
I hope Habbo USA aren't going to be ********s with HabbCrazy ^_^

leer34$
11-06-2010, 09:41 AM
Yeah, well I got banned for 5 months for advertising Habbox.
So I've sent in an appeal waiting to hear back. :D

nat965
11-06-2010, 09:44 AM
I have heard people saying that fansites will have a re-vote by the community to see who gets the official fansites & makes them (the fansites) re-compete to transform their site to cater for every region. though, I believe HabboHut & Habbox should still remain official no matter what as HabboHut was official on 4 out of 5 hotels & Habbox should have a lot of votes if Habbo does decide to have a re-vote.

Dean
11-06-2010, 09:48 AM
Habbox is no longer official according to Habbo staff so advertising it isn't "advised" ;l

EDIT: http://img808.imageshack.us/img808/8787/screenshot20100611at105.png

Real screenshot from a moderator.

scott
11-06-2010, 09:51 AM
Habbox is no longer official according to Habbo staff so advertising it isn't "advised" ;l

It's not against the rules to advertise unofficial ones though that's what I don't understand.

I just reported someone for spamming a scam website I got a reply straight away 'Your issue has now been resolved' and she's been banned. Does that mean the moderators don't do anything? Is it just done automatically :S

Dean
11-06-2010, 09:53 AM
It's not against the rules to advertise unofficial ones though that's what I don't understand.

I just reported someone for spamming a scam website I got a reply straight away 'Your issue has now been resolved' and she's been banned. Does that mean the moderators don't do anything? Is it just done automatically :S

I just edited my post above which has a screenshot from what the mods are entitled to do, so you can get banned apparently.

nat965
11-06-2010, 09:53 AM
Imo, since Habbo "Beta" has came to Habbo, Moderators seem to have an automated system & not really answer questions/reports personally.

Josh
11-06-2010, 09:59 AM
How do unoffical fansites get official if you can't advertise them?

Catzsy
11-06-2010, 10:25 AM
How do unoffical fansites get official if you can't advertise them?

Looks like they will be doing a relaunch. Habbox should have no problem getting back on the list :)

immense
11-06-2010, 10:57 AM
Looks like they will be doing a relaunch. Habbox should have no problem getting back on the list :)

I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't. There are at least two big fansites from each hotel really. Should be harder to predict than the normal UK ones, although I hope it does get official status again.

Andii
11-06-2010, 01:30 PM
unlucky or what -.- lmao

http://i46.tinypic.com/n3w09w.png

DanM2008
11-06-2010, 02:28 PM
Cant Believe Habbo are doing this, talk about being fair or what,

BRING BACK HABBO.CO.UK !!!

Nixt
11-06-2010, 02:32 PM
A Moderator has now clarified this situation:

http://assets.habbox.com/images/46mod2.png

You can talk about Habbox but not spam its name.

Moh
11-06-2010, 02:38 PM
A Moderator has now clarified this situation:

http://assets.habbox.com/images/46mod2.png

You can talk about Habbox but not spam its name.
Thats only from one mod.

My fansite is mainly based around Habbo USA so we've had this problem for a very long time.

All the other mods will lock and rename any room that has "Habbox" in it's name or description. They will do full room kicks too.

This "rule" was only a Habbo USA rule. Habbo.com is no longer Habbo USA, it's just Habbo Hotel. But hey, it's just the americans taking over :)

Nixt
11-06-2010, 02:40 PM
The Moderator explained that new Mods aren't familiar with Habbox and will only ban if you are spamming the Habbox name. Mentioning it or directing people to it is fine.

Latour
11-06-2010, 02:42 PM
As far as I know (which isn't saying much, I haven't been around Habbo that much lately prior to the merge) Habbo CA, and perhaps other hotels always disallowed advertising of none official fansites. It does make it kind of difficult for new fansites to start up, but yer :\

Anyways, hopefully those rules change once all the fansite stuff is worked out, and it'll be interesting to see how & which fansites are chosen to be official. ^^

Aaron
15-06-2010, 04:53 PM
What's the link for the official fansite list on Habbo USA? Since the groups messed up I haven't been able to find the UK one..
I know there'd be some things they wouldn't have worked out yet.. :P

http://www.habbo.com/groups/officialfansites ;)

A
15-06-2010, 08:48 PM
I did not know it was against the rules to advertise a habbo fansite? where in the terms and conditions does it say this?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!