PDA

View Full Version : People still getting banned for Habbox

Black_Apalachi
12-06-2010, 01:14 AM
Even after a mod actually went into HxHD to apologise yesterday or whenever it was, people are still being accused of promoting scam sites/retros whenever they mention Habbox.com. Latest example; http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=649593

I strongly suggest Habbox makes a formal complaint to Sulake because this is no way for them to behave regarding what is probably their biggest fan-base on the whole internet :@

Kyle
12-06-2010, 01:18 AM
fansites will get sorted next week anyway

FlyingJesus
12-06-2010, 01:34 AM
It's good that they're planning to sort it out but really we could do without having our Habbo-based members getting banned for supporting us, as that's not really going to help us out with getting more people to sign up. I can't see many people wanting to become part of the community when being an active part of it on the hotel gets you suited and booted.

Black_Apalachi
12-06-2010, 01:50 AM
Exactly and Habbo owes a lot to Habbox so this is just disgraceful, DISGRACEFULLLL I TELLS YA

EDIT LUL WUT????

http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=649600

http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/51/screenshot20100612at024.png

http://img808.imageshack.us/img808/51/screenshot20100612at024.png

HotelUser
12-06-2010, 01:57 AM
Oh yes. Also someone got scammed and they were told it was their fault, so I asked about it:

http://davzy.com/screenshots/Screen_shot_2010-06-11_at_10.44.26_PM-20100611-225554.png

I think the moderators on the Hotel are younger than I am :P

Black_Apalachi
12-06-2010, 02:02 AM
That's the correct policy as far as trading and betting/playing games goes - they have always said you do so at your own risk. The current issue is bigger than that! They have just closed down a *help desk* - not any help desk but the help desk of the biggest, most dedicated and longest running fansite Habbo has ever had.

Alkaz
12-06-2010, 02:02 AM
Why could they not just change the name of the room?

If the professional, good, caring moderators of Habbo would have taken two seconds just to search :Jin: on the console they would realise he has not been online since the 5th June, that is a week and way before the merge.

Posts merged by Alkaz: Forum lag.

Black_Apalachi
12-06-2010, 02:05 AM
Why could they not just change the name of the room?

They did..

Alkaz
12-06-2010, 02:16 AM
Instead of locking it as well.

FlyingJesus
12-06-2010, 02:19 AM
That was a (unwarranted and unprofessional) reaction to the reaction of the users, which is why it's such a big deal and is the point of all these threads :P

Black_Apalachi
12-06-2010, 02:21 AM
I dunno I think Tom Hicks must have been the US hotel manager and he's come over with his bezzie George to **** everything up

xxMATTGxx
12-06-2010, 02:29 AM
Bloody Habbo. :/

Black_Apalachi
12-06-2010, 02:30 AM
Slap somebody or something please Matt

xxMATTGxx
12-06-2010, 02:31 AM
Slap somebody or something please Matt

I really wish I could. Jin isn't happy about the whole situation and I need go bed now. I just hope to god this is all sorted soon.

FlyingJesus
12-06-2010, 02:34 AM
Frankly they have no grounds for not allowing us back, but knowing how they work (ie: to their own ends and not very efficiently with regards to anyone else) they'll still make us wait until fansite week's done. Still, miracles happen, and maybe one of the UK staff who knows Habbox will manage to reason with the Americans.

-:Undertaker:-
12-06-2010, 02:41 AM
Instead of locking it as well.

They often close the rooms because people get very rowdy afterwards. If the moderators do carry on with this and they are above reason, Habbox Live should broadcast for all listeners and users (tommorow at peak time) to get into the Hallways and campaign for a change in this 'rule' (which hasnt even been confirmed by Sulake as an actual rule). They do not have a history of listening, so make them listen.

HotelUser
12-06-2010, 02:52 AM
They often close the rooms because people get very rowdy afterwards. If the moderators do carry on with this and they are above reason, Habbox Live should broadcast for all listeners and users (tommorow at peak time) to get into the Hallways and campaign for a change in this 'rule' (which hasnt even been confirmed by Sulake as an actual rule). They do not have a history of listening, so make them listen.

I am in complete agreement.

Blinger$
12-06-2010, 04:39 AM
do i smell old skool riots?

Josh
12-06-2010, 05:18 AM
do i smell old skool riots?

Hope so. :)

Jess and Dinasaw - > Chatathon maybe?

Black_Apalachi
12-06-2010, 10:41 AM
Apparently similar treatment is being given at ClubHabbo so it's a relief that it's not just some crazy vendetta against Habbox. :P Can't believe Sulake are paying people to drive their users away. They ought to consider turning back to Hobbas

Nixt
12-06-2010, 10:58 AM
What annoys me most is that a lot of users, including myself, are being informed it is fine only to have that followed up with people being banned and rooms such as HxHD closed. It's outrageous that they should be, as you say, treating their longest running and most established Habbo fansite in such a way especially as it will be any fansites desire to establish themselves on the hotel.

As I said in the previous thread, if you want to (I am not forcing you) I would encourage you to continue talking about Habbox as you would as any bans or room closures that result are unfair and should be lifted.

HotelUser
12-06-2010, 01:52 PM
What annoys me most is that a lot of users, including myself, are being informed it is fine only to have that followed up with people being banned and rooms such as HxHD closed. It's outrageous that they should be, as you say, treating their longest running and most established Habbo fansite in such a way especially as it will be any fansites desire to establish themselves on the hotel.

As I said in the previous thread, if you want to (I am not forcing you) I would encourage you to continue talking about Habbox as you would as any bans or room closures that result are unfair and should be lifted.

In the case of mine, it got lifted without me even requesting it to be!

http://davzy.com/screenshots/Screen_shot_2010-06-12_at_10.53.45_AM-20100612-105356.png

Black_Apalachi
13-06-2010, 01:59 PM
I'm scared of what they'll do now that they realise they have no chance of ever beating us at a game of footy again

GommeInc
13-06-2010, 05:30 PM
Has it been cleared up? I'm not sure how or why they think it's a scam site... It's a pretty popular scam site if there are hundreds of rooms with it mentioned, and hundreds of people talking about it. You'd think they could search for the website and get answers, or have a seperate computer to check websites if they're scared they're get pwned :/

And are there no such things as Official Fansites anymore? It's hard to understand what they're doing :/

xxMATTGxx
13-06-2010, 05:52 PM
Has it been cleared up? I'm not sure how or why they think it's a scam site... It's a pretty popular scam site if there are hundreds of rooms with it mentioned, and hundreds of people talking about it. You'd think they could search for the website and get answers, or have a seperate computer to check websites if they're scared they're get pwned :/

And are there no such things as Official Fansites anymore? It's hard to understand what they're doing :/

I believe the latest is the following. They do not like Habbox.com as a url but they do not mind the name "Habbox". After last night, a Moderator renamed the help desk again and after many call for helps we finally got it changed to "Habbox Help Desk".

Although, I got told earlier today that the European* Moderators don't mind people saying Habbox.com but other moderators who I got told were the American* ones do not like it at all. Very confusing and an odd situation which Sulake/Habbo need to deal with ASAP. I've contacted them myself to tell them to get their move on and sort all of this rubbish out but I doubt I will get any answer until they start the relaunch campaign.

* = I don't know if its the whole European/American thing 100%.

Josh
13-06-2010, 05:57 PM
Apparently similar treatment is being given at ClubHabbo so it's a relief that it's not just some crazy vendetta against Habbox. :P Can't believe Sulake are paying people to drive their users away. They ought to consider turning back to Hobbas

Hobbas would be a good idea, but are their enough old school, active users still around that know it all, know how to help?

GommeInc
13-06-2010, 07:18 PM
I believe the latest is the following. They do not like Habbox.com as a url but they do not mind the name "Habbox". After last night, a Moderator renamed the help desk again and after many call for helps we finally got it changed to "Habbox Help Desk".

Although, I got told earlier today that the European* Moderators don't mind people saying Habbox.com but other moderators who I got told were the American* ones do not like it at all. Very confusing and an odd situation which Sulake/Habbo need to deal with ASAP. I've contacted them myself to tell them to get their move on and sort all of this rubbish out but I doubt I will get any answer until they start the relaunch campaign.

* = I don't know if its the whole European/American thing 100%.
Either way, it should of all been dealt with before the merge. It's like they've only taken into account the Habbo Accounts with the merger. The community side has just been left to one side. Blatant stupidity on Habbo :/ But we all know what their view on community is :P

Catzsy
13-06-2010, 07:24 PM
I have posted this in 'Bobba' too. It asks for your thoughts on the merge. I told them in pretty uncertain terms.
Maybe worth other members doing it to until the word gets through.
http://www.habbo.com/articles/1672-your-thoughts?utm_source=newsletterw23_UK&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=newsletterw23_mergepoll

xxMATTGxx
13-06-2010, 07:53 PM
I have posted this in 'Bobba' too. It asks for your thoughts on the merge. I told them in pretty uncertain terms.
Maybe worth other members doing it to until the word gets through.
http://www.habbo.com/articles/1672-your-thoughts?utm_source=newsletterw23_UK&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=newsletterw23_mergepoll

Just sent mine in. They better read it!

GommeInc
13-06-2010, 09:40 PM
Sent mine in too. I wrote the FIRST improvement should be to let fansites sell premium services again, and whoever created such a "rude and pointless rule should be shot in the face" :P

Muct
13-06-2010, 09:46 PM
Meh, I can just imagine some spotty 17 year old boy with greasy hair, a cup of Starbucks and double portions of KFC in their official offices :/

Catzsy
14-06-2010, 04:28 PM
Meh, I can just imagine some spotty 17 year old boy with greasy hair, a cup of Starbucks and double portions of KFC in their official offices :/

Well lets hope he/she is not in charge of reading the surveys!

lTraditional
14-06-2010, 05:37 PM
Knowing our luck, they probably would. I believe only the official fansites which were only on the US hotel are the only official fansites atm although it is not fair that they completely ditch Habbox.com which was an official fansite before on the UK hotel and ban users for saying the URL. I hate it how they think that links which are advirtised on Habbo are 'scam/hacking sites.' Here is me saying that it rocks but after i filled the poll, it has turned lame, pointless and awfully stupid and banning people who say Habbox.com is an inappropiate matter indeed. I would suggest that we could show screen shots of Habbox in an email and events hosts giving prizes to prove Habbox is not a scam site and is actually the longest running, best, safest, most active habbo fansite on Habbo.

GommeInc
14-06-2010, 05:51 PM
Knowing our luck, they probably would. I believe only the official fansites which were only on the US hotel are the only official fansites atm although it is not fair that they completely ditch Habbox.com which was an official fansite before on the UK hotel and ban users for saying the URL. I hate it how they think that links which are advirtised on Habbo are 'scam/hacking sites.' Here is me saying that it rocks but after i filled the poll, it has turned lame, pointless and awfully stupid and banning people who say Habbox.com is an inappropiate matter indeed. I would suggest that we could show screen shots of Habbox in an email and events hosts giving prizes to prove Habbox is not a scam site and is actually the longest running, best, safest, most active habbo fansite on Habbo.

You'd think common sense would set in. It's clearly not a fansite if hundreds of people are advertising it, and that there are alot of rooms with the name on. If it was a scam site, it's a very popular one that loves having a Help Desk :P

Gibs960
14-06-2010, 07:33 PM
Aren't they aware of Habbox, it's not really a big fansite is it? It's just one the biggest and best ones! Idiots they are!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!