PDA

View Full Version : What 'OCD's do you have?

Special
12-06-2010, 12:40 PM
what obsessive compulsive disorders do you have?

mine are that a plug in a socket has to be pushed in the furthest it can & on the hob and oven there are those marks for the heat level, well those have to be prefectly aligned to one of them, they cannot be inbetween. also i think i share this with some people - my pillows on my bed have to be prefectly on top of eachother, otherwise i cannot sleep

weird i know, but we all have them so what is yours??

Thread Moved by Nicola (Forum Super Moderator) from 'Discuss Anything'.

AlexOC
12-06-2010, 12:41 PM
My desk has to be perfectly clean, i have a cloth next to me and i dust it about every 15minutes lmao.

Stryderman
12-06-2010, 12:43 PM
Curtains have to be completely closed there cant even be a tiny gap inbetween cos it drives me mad

Axel
12-06-2010, 12:47 PM
When I wash my hands after going to the toilet, when I turn the tap off, I have to hold my hand under it for at least 20 seconds to check it's not dripping and I've turned it off properly. If it does drip, I have to wait again, or try to stop the dripping. Think that's the only weird one I have...

Nuct
12-06-2010, 01:03 PM
My OCD is about objects that belong to me, for example:
-If I break my pen (even if it's the pen lid), I don't use it again.
-If somebody takes my stuff, I want it back - I will even pester them for it.
-I rarely let people borrow my stuff because if they break something, I wouldn't use it again.

That's probably a normal OCD, but I also have another OCD: if I'm sharing something (e.g a packet of sweets with someone), we must have equal amounts.

ben
12-06-2010, 01:16 PM
cool to be mentally unstable

Gibs960
12-06-2010, 01:19 PM
Surprisingly I don't think I have any, apart from 1, if I rub something out (pencil) with a rubber (eraser) I have to get every single piece of rubber off the table. That's my only one. ;)

FlyingJesus
12-06-2010, 01:47 PM
mine are that a plug in a socket has to be pushed in the furthest it can

In what way is that anything but common sense?

cool to be mentally unstable

Init lol none of the things in this thread are remotely OCD except for Alex's cleaning of the desk

Black_Apalachi
12-06-2010, 02:11 PM
In what way is that anything but common sense?

Was gonna say that lol

Special
12-06-2010, 02:28 PM
because i push it in 20+ times to make sure it's in all the way, thanks for the conern though ..

FlyingJesus
12-06-2010, 02:31 PM
You're quite welcome but try harder next time you want to look edgy with a disorder that actually affects peoples' lives

-Heart
12-06-2010, 02:35 PM
- EVERYTHING, and I mean EVERYTHING, has to be done in evens.

- I have to have the exact same routine every night before I go to bed, if something happens out of place I have to restart the process.

- With long sentences, I have to use an even amount of words and syllables, and if it isn't even I have to add ban extra word or syllable on to the end of my sentence.

There's some others which I'm too embarrassed to list :P.

ben
12-06-2010, 03:03 PM
because i push it in 20+ times to make sure it's in all the way, thanks for the conern though ..

*REMOVED*

Edited by Nicola (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not avoid the forum filter or be rude to other forum members.

Jordy
12-06-2010, 04:19 PM
You're quite welcome but try harder next time you want to look edgy with a disorder that actually affects peoples' livesTotally agree, people are just listing weird habits not OCDs, you can't just claim to have a "disorder".

W00TZEH
12-06-2010, 04:22 PM
I don't have anyyyyyy, I'm normal.

GommeInc
12-06-2010, 04:36 PM
Don't think I have any :/ As Jordy said, a lot of these seem to be odd habits, rather than measuring out the distance of a card on a mantle piece, and doing that every day, which is OCD (only example I can think of, and that was on TV :P)

Arron
12-06-2010, 05:09 PM
toilets are clean after use (literally clean)
tap handles have no finger prints over them

Shar
12-06-2010, 05:16 PM
Everything in my room HAS to be in the exact position I left it in or else
and when someone shuts the door in my room it has to be shut properly with the 'click' sound
Yeah I'm a freak :(

myke
12-06-2010, 05:31 PM
the word OCD is over used... half of these are just little niggles or preferences.

Casio
12-06-2010, 06:23 PM
Were do I start

- When I fold my t shirts to put into my drawer they have to have NO creases at all if they get one I have to take it out and fold again.
- When I go to sleep. ALL my plugs have to be switched off at the mains or else I will just be worried all night long.
- When I put my shoes away in my cupboard on the shoe rack they HAVE to be symmetrical or else I will have to to it all again.
- When I make my bed ALL creases have to be gone.
- When I do my shoelaces I have to do both. Even if the other one is fine.

Thanks enough for me to list not saying more :(

Jonster
12-06-2010, 07:06 PM
Were do I start

Thanks enough for me to list not saying more :(

I guess checking over what you have written before you post everytime isn't one then?

ben
12-06-2010, 07:25 PM
*REMOVED*

Edited by Nicola (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not post pointlessly or make any form of rude comment to others.

-:Undertaker:-
12-06-2010, 07:46 PM
I dont know whether you'd class it as OCD, but my eyes hurt when corners come into view (like scaffolding, desk corners) so I have to push the tables in line with one another so they dont 'stick out' otherwise my eyes actually hurt.

Casio
12-06-2010, 08:48 PM
I guess checking over what you have written before you post everytime isn't one then?

Oh wow sorry Mr.Grammar I forgot to put a comma, shoot me will you.

Volumise
12-06-2010, 09:25 PM
i don't think i have any

RedStratocas
14-06-2010, 12:10 PM
i have some mild ocd habits, theyve gotten worse over the past few years, and sometimes its worse than others. mostly its just organization and cleaning, nothing really weird. i really really like open space, so i make everything in my room very compact. everything on desks/tables has to be in some sort of logical order or pattern. oh and i'm super anal about my itunes.

i wouldnt obviously diagnose myself with ocd its not nearly that serious, just once and a while i feel the unshakable need to clean everything.

Swastika
14-06-2010, 12:23 PM
i can't stand my floor having bits of like dust and stuff on, so i hoover my room about every two days.
i can't stand having my aftershaves and deodorants in an un-pattern order, like they have to be in equal sets of two's or some sort of logical pattern that matches.
i can't stand wires behind my desk from the tv and computer etc - so i try my very best to hide all wires - which always fails, and it always annoys me when i look at it.
can't stand clothes being on my floor either, have to be hung up in my wardrobe.

JACKTARD
14-06-2010, 02:47 PM
When im doing the volume on my TV it has to be on an even number.

Special
14-06-2010, 03:25 PM

omg same just realised lololl

danzooo
14-06-2010, 03:54 PM
Only one i can think of is having the volume on the telly at an even number or multiple of 5.

Rixion
14-06-2010, 04:22 PM
I have to take my own cutlery to other peoples houses ass im soo hygienic lol.
I hate having to use other peoples loo's and will not tolerate people using me mattress or bedsheets xD

Black_Apalachi
14-06-2010, 11:09 PM

Oh yeah I do that lol, I usually have it on like 20 or 30. But it's not OCD - I would have no issue about not doing it, it's just a habit.

Moh
14-06-2010, 11:16 PM
I don't really have any. Some things do annoy me if they're not done right tho

Stephen!
14-06-2010, 11:19 PM
I hate tangled wires.

beth
15-06-2010, 12:14 AM
cause i'm an actor, i have very weird before going on stage-rituals. they're not ocd but before i go on stage i have to walk backstage up & down 15 times and then i have to recite the alphabet backwards and forwards and if i mess up, i have to walk again and start again.

otherwise i feel like i'll **** my performance up. aha.

Dinosaurawrr
15-06-2010, 12:56 AM
umm i dont really have one
unless you class
my hands have to be clean or i dnt like it. like if i go into the toilet at college i will not touch the handles and i have to keep washing my hands like ldsss.

Kyle
15-06-2010, 03:56 AM
toilets are clean after use (literally clean)
tap handles have no finger prints over them
Think you'll find that this disorder is usually referred to as hygiene...

Nope I don't have any weird habits you're just all demented.

Starburst..x
15-06-2010, 01:19 PM
I have quite a few ocd tendencies

I can't leave any plug in the socket or switched on when I know everyone is going to sleep, so they all have to come out around the house. Drives my parents mad.

I have to make sure doors and windows are locked (and not your usual checking) at one point I was checking them like 5 times over and over again even if I knew they were locked.

There's a couple of other things but I dont want to sound weird aha

Axel
15-06-2010, 01:39 PM
Btw for everyone saying 'you don't have OCD', I'm sure the original poster of this thread was just asking what weird things you obsess over, rather than what disorders you have.

DamianLove
15-06-2010, 01:56 PM
I don't have OCD but...
My chair has to be in the right place in my room before I go to bed, same with my cupboard doors having to be shut.
I have to use the loo and wash my hands before I eat.
My clothes in my wardrobe are in categories and colour coordinated.

Can't remember any more. There is a few things.

Special
15-06-2010, 01:57 PM
Btw for everyone saying 'you don't have OCD', I'm sure the original poster of this thread was just asking what weird things you obsess over, rather than what disorders you have.

thanks +rep

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!