PDA

View Full Version : Choose what to display in post bit

Kyle
15-06-2010, 04:09 AM
Is there any way you can choose what to display in your postbit? Like, some kind of tick box in the usercp to choose whether you display your Location, age, gender, etc. and if you do, which of them are displayed.

I've removed my location from my profile just because it makes my postbit look cluttered. Is there any way you can make it still appear in my profile (for people that care) but doesn't display on every single post I make...?

Black_Apalachi
15-06-2010, 04:23 AM
I like this idea. I also prefer mine to be as least cluttered as possible but I probably wouldn't mind displaying a few more things on my profile :)

Hecktix
15-06-2010, 10:01 AM
If it can be done without an add-on then this is a possibility for future updates.

Special
15-06-2010, 10:30 AM
If it can be done without an add-on then this is a possibility for future updates.

why can't you have this update if it requires an add-on?

Jamesy
15-06-2010, 10:48 AM
why can't you have this update if it requires an add-on?

Jin has told me he is not comfortable with the amount we have even now. I am inclined to agree that although we are trying to allow more freedom to customise, at some point there is a limit.

Kyle
15-06-2010, 11:44 AM
Jin has told me he is not comfortable with the amount we have even now. I am inclined to agree that although we are trying to allow more freedom to customise, at some point there is a limit.
as such a fantastic technician I'm sure you'll find a way to do it without a plug in

Special
15-06-2010, 12:02 PM
but why don't you want too many? does it cost money or lagg or something

Kyle
15-06-2010, 12:05 PM
coz in the admincp there are about 97 plugins and it's hard to manage them

or somin like that

xxMATTGxx
15-06-2010, 12:57 PM
but why don't you want too many? does it cost money or lagg or something

coz in the admincp there are about 97 plugins and it's hard to manage them

or somin like that

AddOns/Plugins or whatever you want to call them may bring some great features to the forum, although they can cause other problems which may end up causing a very big problem for Habbox and it's users. That is why we are limiting to the ones we have at the moment and keeping it like that.

Blob
15-06-2010, 03:47 PM
If your talking about showing on your personal postbit - I'm sure if you have the location field you can have a tick box next to it whether or not to display it, which is either 1 or 0 (ticked or unticked) and if its ticked display it - its checking if location is empty anyway so why not check tick box before that. (thats how it could be done without an addon)

If your talking about hiding things from everyones postbit for yourself, not so sure on that one.

Black_Apalachi
15-06-2010, 04:26 PM
Nah he meant the first one :P

Hecktix
15-06-2010, 07:08 PM
As I've said it's a possibility for the future.

Kyle
16-06-2010, 01:39 AM
If your talking about showing on your personal postbit - I'm sure if you have the location field you can have a tick box next to it whether or not to display it, which is either 1 or 0 (ticked or unticked) and if its ticked display it - its checking if location is empty anyway so why not check tick box before that. (thats how it could be done without an addon)

If your talking about hiding things from everyones postbit for yourself, not so sure on that one.
just my own :D

& ok oli but remember who suggested it coz i want an award for it :l

demilovato184
16-06-2010, 02:10 AM
HEY ......... GR8? LOL

Edited by Nicola (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not post pointlessly

Hecktix
16-06-2010, 02:16 PM
just my own :D

& ok oli but remember who suggested it coz i want an award for it :l

I have a feeling Kyle, you will never let me forget :P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!