PDA

View Full Version : hxl in need of improvements?

Richie
19-06-2010, 11:32 PM
all the older djs have left lol the majority of the djs r like 12 or sumtin now

i reckon if jess nd keri leave hxl is ****** lol bribe jin for free vip i would

Edited by Catzsy (Forum Super Moderator): Thread closed as it has descended into spam and personal criticism of individual Djs actually online. If anybody has a complaint about staff please post here:http://www.habboxforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1331 not in the public forum. Thanks.

Jam
19-06-2010, 11:34 PM
Its been declining in quality for many years.

Special
19-06-2010, 11:35 PM
oli will not be happy when he sees this

Richie
19-06-2010, 11:37 PM

oil doesnt hav a say, but ya i reckon if they dnt start gettin sum older djs its just gonna fail rlly soon

e5
19-06-2010, 11:39 PM
The DJ's that sing, and play pokémon theme tune, annoy me so much.

Nixt
The age of the DJs does not really substantiate any kind of issue in my eyes. This thread doesn't really explain your criticism, as age doesn't really come into it and if it does you haven't really justified how.

Richie
The DJ's that sing, and play pokémon theme tune, annoy me so much.

aidens left m8

oj aiden ;)

@peter
age does come into it, i dnt listen to hxl cos it just feels weird an 18yr old tuned inta a 12 yr old just feels pervy or sumtin nd it does if they r squeaky + say 'yh ima play this song cos im kwl' lol they needa get a grip imo

/rant complete

ChickenFaces
19-06-2010, 11:42 PM
Sorry I'm a bad DJ. :(

Hecktix
19-06-2010, 11:42 PM
Its been declining in quality for many years.

You could expand on this, it's a bit unfair on HabboxLive to just say it's been declining in quality and not provide reason - same goes to you too Richie.

And this is supposed to mean?

I only listen to HabboxLive occasionally, usually if there is something special on and it's always been fine to me - I know the Management work very hard, Jess is an excellent Manager and some of her ideas excel HabboxLive, this is only from what I've seen in the Manager's forums as I say, I am quite unfamiliar with HabboxLive.

In reference to there being younger DJs around, that's just what happens, every now and then younger people come to Habbox, it's just a generation change and it's always worked like that at habbox it seems to happen in blocks, an older block move out and a younger block move in, you have to start at some age and I'm sure a lot of HabboxLive's younger DJs have potential to exceed like their predecessors. I think Gemma and Jess are competent managers and their listener rates aren't too bad either.

hah
19-06-2010, 11:47 PM
Habboxforum is great, and being run great. Loads of posts, quality posts may i add. Management never being rude or acting childish, this thread isnt needed richie.

Richie
19-06-2010, 11:50 PM
Habboxforum is great, and being run great. Loads of posts, quality posts may i add. Management never being rude or acting childish, this thread isnt needed richie.

running for gm? er em its bout hxl ya dope lol

Hecktix
19-06-2010, 11:50 PM

Thanks for the feedback Graham, although could you try and stay on topic? This thread is about HabboxLive.

hah
19-06-2010, 11:52 PM
Sorry Forum Manager, i thought the title said hxf
how dare me make a mistake lol

when ever i tune in its seems ok
to bad i couldnt name one dj tho

Hecktix
19-06-2010, 11:53 PM
Sorry Forum Manager, i thought the title said hxf
how dare me make a mistake lol

Fair enough :)

Blinger$
19-06-2010, 11:56 PM

Good joke :)

this is the exact reason why i don't listen to hxl, it's quite childish and the song selection is horrible IMO

ChickenFaces
20-06-2010, 12:02 AM
If anyone has complaints about HabboxLive or DJs, I suggest that you Private Message ,Jess, or Gems,x on the forum and tell them what you think should be improved on. We're always looking on ways to grow and improve. :D

hah
20-06-2010, 12:03 AM
If anyone has complaints about HabboxLive or DJs, I suggest that you Private Message ,Jess, or Gems,x on the forum and tell them what you think should be improved on :)

I think we all know how to complain :)
no need to try and be patronising

Hecktix
20-06-2010, 12:05 AM
If anyone has complaints about HabboxLive or DJs, I suggest that you Private Message ,Jess, or Gems,x on the forum and tell them what you think should be improved on. We're always looking on ways to grow and improve. :D

I don't think anybody is complaining as such, just making suggestions for improvements which can either be listened to or not listened to depending on their quality.

It is feedback afterall :P

ChickenFaces
20-06-2010, 12:15 AM
Well the only thing I see in here is people complaining about how old the DJs are, there aren't any solid complaints.

Muct
20-06-2010, 12:21 AM
LOL, Last time HabboxLive was good was with DJ Yoshi from like a year or two back!
:D
(Apart from Aidssssss)

HotelUser
20-06-2010, 12:30 AM
I am quite interested to see a response to this thread from some of HxL management, or even some of the more experienced DJs.

Xtina
20-06-2010, 12:36 AM
I am quite interested to see a response to this thread from some of HxL management, or even some of the more experienced DJs.

To be honest, in my opinion, Keri and Jess are the only experienced DJs at HxL

HotelUser
20-06-2010, 12:39 AM
To be honest, in my opinion, Keri and Jess are the only experienced DJs at HxL

I can't say anything about the professionalism of the DJS. I don't listen to HxL! I do know several DJs through HxL who seem mature enough, but meh. I posted what I said because I don't really see Jess post much on HxF!

Keri?!
20-06-2010, 12:39 AM
I have to agree, the age of the DJ's has gone down since I have been here over the past year - Most DJ's are under 15/16.
Anyways, it doesn't really affect effect the way they DJ, only if the act a tad immature which is obviously a bit annoying! ;p
There are DJ's who are older, it's not like every single DJ is like 12 lol
Obviously you can't get DJ's to apply to be over a certain age cause that's a bit silly :P

scott
20-06-2010, 12:40 AM
The DJs are getting a bit younger but that's only what can be expected, a lot of the older people will have grown out of habbo so stopped using it. You can't forget when you started you were a bit younger and immature as well (not saying that hxl djs are immature) but you turned out to be a great DJ Richie so all they need is a bit of time and improvment will come naturally. :)

HotelUser
20-06-2010, 12:42 AM
The DJs are getting a bit younger but that's only what can be expected, a lot of the older people will have grown out of habbo so stopped using it. You can't forget when you started you were a bit younger and immature as well (not saying that hxl djs are immature) but you turned out to be a great DJ Richie so all they need is a bit of time and improvment will come naturally. :)

But as the older users age, the younger users age too! It would be interesting to get the age statistics for Habbox Forum.

Richie
20-06-2010, 12:45 AM

I started at 16 bud nd im still immature ;)

Hecktix
20-06-2010, 12:46 AM
I think you were a late-starter richie

scott
20-06-2010, 12:49 AM
I started at 16 bud nd im still immature ;)

Still younger than you are now & no comment! ;)

Richie
20-06-2010, 12:50 AM
Still younger than you are now & no comment! ;)

yus u nub but i wasnt 12 lol so shut it ha

scott
20-06-2010, 12:53 AM
yus u nub but i wasnt 12 lol so shut it ha

it's the point people improve/get more mature over time :@

Dinosaurawrr
20-06-2010, 01:00 AM
I think that although alot of the DJ's now are quite young they do have to start somewere and although there is still older djs (your all forgetting james melissa me keri jess gemma grig etc) were all still here and wether or not the DJ's are younger there are also the younger target audience of Hxl as older generations leave habbo and younger ones come in Hxl does the same older generations go out and the younger ones come in.
granted there are still some of the older generation as there is some of the older generation DJ's and to us who have been around for a while (say a year + ) will be used to more of the older more proffessional DJ's however the new listeners coming etc won't be familiar so they won't notice the proffessionalism reduce.
However on the same note we do but we will eventually forget about that as the younger generation DJ's will grow and become more proffessional depending on there feedback and they will improve, all of us started off somewere and although it may not have been a big site like hxl we used to be just like them and the generation who was older than us probably have the same feelings we do but in time they will be more proffessional and Hxl will regain its normal steady listener rate.
did that even make sence.. who knows.

iJoe
20-06-2010, 01:02 AM
At the end of the day (it gets dark) you need to remember this is a habbo fansite and not radio1. The target audience for habbo is teens, therefore teens (young and old) will come to habbox and some will become DJ's on the site. They will quite obviously have a different taste in music to you, but will have the same taste in music as people their own age so it's fine playing them. You personally might not like what's being played, but it's a sign that you're no longer the target audience for the site, they can't cater for everyone as much as they can try.

Hard to explain what I mean in a decent way at this time of night haha.

Xtina
20-06-2010, 01:03 AM
I think that although alot of the DJ's now are quite young they do have to start somewere and although there is still older djs (your all forgetting james melissa me keri jess gemma grig etc) were all still here and wether or not the DJ's are younger there are also the younger target audience of Hxl as older generations leave habbo and younger ones come in Hxl does the same older generations go out and the younger ones come in.
granted there are still some of the older generation as there is some of the older generation DJ's and to us who have been around for a while (say a year + ) will be used to more of the older more proffessional DJ's however the new listeners coming etc won't be familiar so they won't notice the proffessionalism reduce.
However on the same note we do but we will eventually forget about that as the younger generation DJ's will grow and become more proffessional depending on there feedback and they will improve, all of us started off somewere and although it may not have been a big site like hxl we used to be just like them and the generation who was older than us probably have the same feelings we do but in time they will be more proffessional and Hxl will regain its normal steady listener rate.
did that even make sence.. who knows.

No but Keri, Richie and Dean started at about 15/16. Whereas most of the DJs now are about 12

Dinosaurawrr
20-06-2010, 01:06 AM
No but Keri, Richie and Dean started at about 15/16. Whereas most of the DJs now are about 12

May be but people are most likeley to start whenever they can and if there given the chance they will start as young as they like, and again it all comes down to the natural balance of generations. seems to be everyones starting a bit earlier not only with Dj'ing and habbo if you get what I mean lol. But yeah keri richie dean probably had the same effect on some of the older generations when they started as the ones however young they are have been given now.

Xtina
20-06-2010, 01:14 AM
May be but people are most likeley to start whenever they can and if there given the chance they will start as young as they like, and again it all comes down to the natural balance of generations. seems to be everyones starting a bit earlier not only with Dj'ing and habbo if you get what I mean lol. But yeah keri richie dean probably had the same effect on some of the older generations when they started as the ones however young they are have been given now.

I don't get what you're saying. Could you just put it into one sentence pls lolol

Dinosaurawrr
20-06-2010, 01:20 AM
baisically dean may have got this feedback when he started because of his age but were used to him because we tuned in alot and got used to it.
which is what we will do with these :)
there starting now just like they did
and younger people seem to start alot of things early now lol like drinking and stuffs

Alkaz
20-06-2010, 01:23 AM
I think that its good there are younger generations of DJ's at Habboxlive. Hopefully the younger DJ's pull in different types of people, different ages and hopefully they stay with Habbox and sign up to the forum. Its just a shame that the older members don't seem to like the younger members because they're just way to immature for them.

Everyone needs to start somewhere and for young people to come to this grumpy old man of a fansite when there are other fansites such as ClubHabbo who seem to have a younger user base, I think that takes guts and instead of, almost slating them for it we should be congratulating them. Perhaps that would increase their confidence some more and encourage them to do better and turn into the DJ's you like when they are no longer here i.e. Keri, Jess etc?

Xtina
20-06-2010, 01:24 AM
baisically dean may have got this feedback when he started because of his age but were used to him because we tuned in alot and got used to it.
and younger people seem to start alot of things early now lol like drinking and stuffs

But the thing is, most people who are older have more experience and they are more mature than younger people. And tbh drinking has nothing to do with Djing ololl

Keri?!
20-06-2010, 01:25 AM

I'm sorry but how does drinking relate to DJing?
So is everything now going to younger people, I'm not saying older people are better, they might just have more experience.

Everyone starts somewhere, just seems like some people are starting younger.

Xtina
20-06-2010, 01:26 AM
So is everything now going to younger people, I'm not saying older people are better, they might just have more experience.

Agreed. I think we need some older people with more experience at HxL

beth
20-06-2010, 01:28 AM
hi i returned as a dj tonight, i'm 19, do you feel better. aha.

Xtina
20-06-2010, 01:32 AM

But I think Shannon's a really good DJ too. But I can't name everyone at the top of my head

ChickenFaces
20-06-2010, 01:32 AM
Well I thought I was a bit mature even tho im 15 but I guess I've been proven wrong.

Thanks gais ;)

gangstaagent1
20-06-2010, 03:16 AM
Some of the younger DJ's are more mature then some of the older users on this forum. I'm 15, I may seem young to some, but I can guarantee I am more mature then some of the older users I have seen on this forum. The age of the DJ does not matter... A DJ could be let's say 11, and be a better DJ then someone who is 19. Sure, the population of Habbo is getting younger... So younger users come into Habbox/Habboxlive/Habboxforum, so that's who we target. When most people start Habbo they are 11 years old and they get amused when you simply say their name on air. Some of the older users might find this pathetic but it's really what we target. Our audience ranges from about 11-19 years of age, but most are between 11-14 so that's the age group we have to target. We get them as involved and as entertained as we can but because of this, some of the older users might find us immature when we are actually quite matured... Just because our target audience is lower then the age that is complaining, doesn't mean HabboxLive is crap.

As stated before, Habbox has seen a variety of ages through it's years, some older users may find that the older DJ's are better because they tend to target people their age. However, if you go towards the younger users, they tend to like the younger DJ's because they target their age group. In the end, the age of the DJ does not matter, what matters is that the quality and the personality of the DJ stands out.

Anywho, yeah ending my novel.
*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+ *+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+ *+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

/novel ends.

~Matt

Gemma
20-06-2010, 03:40 AM
I don't think having younger DJs is really a problem, many of our younger DJs at the moment are listener favourites and if an applicant has great talent then they will most likely be hired, regardless of their age. Many younger DJs generally last longer than olders as they have more time before they need to resign for things such as exams. They'll then be known as the older DJs with all the experience. A variety of ages is able to further entertain a wider range of listeners, as for example, some younger listeners may be able to relate to a younger DJ or just idolise an older DJ. A mix of ages also leaves listeners with an increased variety of music and voices.

At the end of the day it's about high quality, if a younger DJ can provide this, then I don't see the problem.

Good joke :)

this is the exact reason why i don't listen to hxl, it's quite childish and the song selection is horrible IMO
If you don't like the songs that are played, send in a few requests - I'm sure the DJ will manage to play your songs!

gangstaagent1
20-06-2010, 03:42 AM
I don't think having younger DJs is really a problem, many of our younger DJs at the moment are listener favourites and if an applicant has great talent then they will most likely be hired, regardless of their age. Many younger DJs generally last longer than olders as they have more time before they need to resign for things such as exams. They'll then be known as the older DJs with all the experience. A variety of ages is able to further entertain a wider range of listeners, as for example, some younger listeners may be able to relate to a younger DJ or just idolise an older DJ. A mix of ages also leaves the listeners with an increased variety of music and voices. At the end of the day, it's about high quality, if a younger DJ can provide this, then I don't see the problem.

If you don't like the songs that are played, send in a few requests - I'm sure the DJ will manage to play your songs!
100% Agreed with this...

Richie
20-06-2010, 04:25 AM
I don't think having younger DJs is really a problem, many of our younger DJs at the moment are listener favourites and if an applicant has great talent then they will most likely be hired, regardless of their age. Many younger DJs generally last longer than olders as they have more time before they need to resign for things such as exams. They'll then be known as the older DJs with all the experience. A variety of ages is able to further entertain a wider range of listeners, as for example, some younger listeners may be able to relate to a younger DJ or just idolise an older DJ. A mix of ages also leaves listeners with an increased variety of music and voices.

At the end of the day it's about high quality, if a younger DJ can provide this, then I don't see the problem.

my point being the majority of them can't, oh and i love bias people :rolleyes:

gangstaagent1
20-06-2010, 04:29 AM
my point being the majority of them can't, oh and i love bias people :rolleyes:
Whats the majority to you? I don't really see a problem with any other the younger DJ's... I mean a few to be honest at times can be annoying but they are all mostly OK ? :S

Dave,
20-06-2010, 05:20 AM
I stopped listening to Habbo radios ages ago. My main problem was most DJ's play a lot of really rubbish chart music, and the DJ in the next slot will play exactly the same songs.

It would be nice if DJ's who have a different taste in music played their stuff and not give in to the masses always. I know songs often get requested but it would be nice to have a bigger variety.

Grig
20-06-2010, 05:27 AM
I have been a critic in the past over some things, but I think HabboxLive is improving. Both Jess and Gemma are lovely people who work really hard to make the radio the best it possibly can be. There are always new initiatives being tried out etc. Younger DJs also should be given a chance, otherwise no one gets one. I'm 18, and I'm still going good, proves to you that we have a variety of age groups. Sure my shows may be a little different from others, but all shows still go to the good. I asked people to listen to HabboxLive, people who haven't heard of it as much such as those who came from other countries/ fansites and they said "Wow, Grig they're so pro". Maybe we can compare things to HabboxLive in 2007, 2008 or 2009. But things change, the listeners have been going back up and yeh :).

gangstaagent1
20-06-2010, 05:33 AM
What a change in grig! Thanks love :) +rep when i get bk on my laptop

e5
20-06-2010, 08:22 AM
The age of the DJs does not really substantiate any kind of issue in my eyes. This thread doesn't really explain your criticism, as age doesn't really come into it and if it does you haven't really justified how.

Those younger DJ's have a lower maturity level, they therefore, dont know what it sounds to us as listeners when they constantly sing throughout songs. Obviously their voices are also much less deep than those older DJ's and it makes the radio sound very young and unprofessional. Users should feel like they are listening to a mature, professional-like radio imo.

---------- Post added 20-06-2010 at 09:24 AM ----------

We need Nicci

despect
20-06-2010, 08:42 AM
I honestly don't see a problem with the younger djs :S if they are young surely as they go along they'll become more expierenced and become better djs, if they know how to dj and the listeners enjoy the shows provided i really don't see a problem and at the other people who think the songs are "immature or childish" request a song you'd like for them to play..

Mathew
20-06-2010, 09:09 AM
i reckon if jess nd keri leave hxl is ******
This is what worries me. Jess has been with HxL for ages and has managed it very well. I also feel that once she's gone, there is so much pressure and weight on someone's shoulders. If a 12 year old were to be put in charge of HxL, surely it is more about their skills in leadership rather than being "good at DJing?"

Skills in leadership (especially managing 50 screaming DJs) can only come through time and I simply don't think a 12-year old will be able to deal with it. Then you'll get to a point where the managers are resigning after a few weeks because they can't do the job, but they were too happy to say no at the time.

Yes, I agree you need younger DJs to add fun, attract different audiences, be good at DJing and all that jazz - but would they survive so well when put in charge of 50 teens? I think not.

,Jess,
20-06-2010, 09:54 AM
I don't think that the age of a DJ matters, there may be a few younger ones but there aren't that many and they were hired because their apps were just as good as anyone elses. I think the presumption that all young DJs are immature and crap is wrong, there have been plenty of people who have been at HabboxLive and started young and turned out to be some of the best DJs. I think it's ClubHabbo that have made a rule where you have to over 13 to even be a DJ and I think that is stupid because people gain experience, become more professional and see how to act on air from others. Sometimes we get apps and I listen to them, think they're good and then see the age and I'm shocked because there is no way I would put them at that age.

About when a manager takes over well it would be Gemma obviously and she is fully capable of running the radio and whoever would be the new assistant would be picked for the same reason. The chances are it would be someone older because they are more likely to show the skills needed but as far as actual DJing goes I don't think age comes into it.

-paul.
20-06-2010, 09:56 AM
To be honest i think you are completely wrong. DJ's have a hard time as any song they put on people will leave the site. The age of DJ's is good as it reaches to different ages in the community. since i started here i have given away over 1T worth of my OWN furni in about a month. If you really think that you could do a better job buy a mic get sam and try it yourself. When you realise how hard it is youll be thankful there are people who will stand up for all the abuse you give.

Tintinnabulate
20-06-2010, 09:57 AM
Just skimmed over this thread and people seem to be repeating themselves, which is just pointless.
I used to listen to HxL about 1-2 months ago. I remember listening to Grig several times and I have to admit, he is the best DJ I have heard. He doesn't bloody sing over songs or sing himself. He doesn't start talking randomly when a song is playing. He talks when the song has ended and when he does talk, it's interesting. I still remember the story he said about the iPad and the two engineers :P was good. He doesn't talk **. Maybe if more DJs were like him or listen to him for ideas, HxL could be better.
Oh wait, just checked his user title, he isn't DJ anymore :(

-paul.
20-06-2010, 09:59 AM
And if everyone must know i was the one who got rocker into DJing so there must be some sort of quality there :P
But i see what people are saying. I agree you shouldnt sing over the songs. But also the line between a good story and boring people is a very tight line

Tintinnabulate
20-06-2010, 10:06 AM
And if everyone must know i was the one who got rocker into DJing so there must be some sort of quality there :P
But i see what people are saying. I agree you shouldnt sing over the songs. But also the line between a good story and boring people is a very tight line

There are some DJs who just laugh so much you cant hear their joke or the "funny story" as they just don't stop laughing.

-paul.
20-06-2010, 10:10 AM
i understand what people are saying but i feel saying that rocker and jess are the only good DJ's is disrespectful and wrong. Personally i Djed since 2005 since i was 12 i had my first trial with greig i helped alot of DJ's get into Djing including rocker and for someone to turn around and go basically your crap doesnt make me think hmm im gonna improve it makes me think might as well quit. I also had people turn round to me last night and ask me to DJ because they wanted something good. to DJ it takes alot of time out of your week and every DJ has their unique taste in music if people dont like it dont tune in [you can see i feel strongly about this]

Tintinnabulate
20-06-2010, 10:17 AM
It depends if the person has heard you because most people who have posted here most likely haven't heard all the DJ's.

-paul.
20-06-2010, 10:30 AM
exacly sorry if i seam very partiotic of the DJ's but i still believe we have a great radio that can rival others.

Gina
20-06-2010, 10:44 AM
I recon even if jess and keri leave then there are still great djs out there who can cope :L and i dont think its fair tbh to say that the other djs wont cope iif they do leave

just cos you think hxl wont cope, your rong, i think they can
they've had loads of other djs
like diff radio managers
yet there still coping
i dont understand
y they cant now

Catzsy
20-06-2010, 11:08 AM
I think the answer to this is that members mature and perhaps that's why some don't find the radio as attractive in content as they used to but surely the HabboxLive stats would show whether or not it is dropping in popularity or not?
If it is I am sure steps would be taken. When I have tuned it seemed to me that there are good listeners figures one show was 150+ but I couldn't take this as being a fact.

sammy
20-06-2010, 11:26 AM
This thread is ridiculous - as others have said, a dj's age makes no difference to their capabilities at all. Everyone in HabboxLive has been accepted for just one reason: they're all good dj's. If they weren't, they wouldn't have passed. None of the djs are exactly immature in my opinion, yes, some do make mistakes, but immature? No.

Clubhabbo have introduced a new rule where you have to be 13+ to even apply, if HabboxLive did that i would be disgusted. Our audience is around 11-15, and obviously djs learn gradually over their time at HxL, so they'll mature & improve as they go along. Everyone has to start somewhere after all :).

-paul.
20-06-2010, 11:27 AM
+Rep to Catzsy and Gina here - if habboxlive was in need of reform we wouldnt be averaging 100 listeners + a show maybe we need to invest in getting other people from different areas to listen such as USA CA ect.

AgnesIO
20-06-2010, 11:48 AM

Age does come in to it though lol.

I know I will be flamed for this, but to be honest I, and I am sure many others, don't want to hear 11/12 year old boys whos voices have not yet broken trying to be funny. I am not saying this is the case now, as I stopped listening when older DJ's stopped, but just making the point age does matter lol

Richie
20-06-2010, 11:49 AM
i understand what people are saying but i feel saying that rocker and jess are the only good DJ's is disrespectful and wrong. Personally i Djed since 2005 since i was 12 i had my first trial with greig i helped alot of DJ's get into Djing including rocker and for someone to turn around and go basically your crap doesnt make me think hmm im gonna improve it makes me think might as well quit. I also had people turn round to me last night and ask me to DJ because they wanted something good. to DJ it takes alot of time out of your week and every DJ has their unique taste in music if people dont like it dont tune in [you can see i feel strongly about this]

no1 cares if u brought rocker to hxl or if u covered for sum1, this thread aint bout u.......... ya keep on repeating urself like u should get a medal or sumtin, chill ou lol no1 cares nd it has nutin to do with the thread.

i love how

all other departments = can take criticism
hxl = basically atk ppl sayn they r wrong lol nd its the same with any feedback thread for hxl look bk on em

hah
20-06-2010, 11:50 AM
I don't think that the age of a DJ matters, there may be a few younger ones but there aren't that many and they were hired because their apps were just as good as anyone elses. I think the presumption that all young DJs are immature and crap is wrong, there have been plenty of people who have been at HabboxLive and started young and turned out to be some of the best DJs. I think it's ClubHabbo that have made a rule where you have to over 13 to even be a DJ and I think that is stupid because people gain experience, become more professional and see how to act on air from others. Sometimes we get apps and I listen to them, think they're good and then see the age and I'm shocked because there is no way I would put them at that age.

About when a manager takes over well it would be Gemma obviously and she is fully capable of running the radio and whoever would be the new assistant would be picked for the same reason. The chances are it would be someone older because they are more likely to show the skills needed but as far as actual DJing goes I don't think age comes into it.

well done on your first post outside staff/announcements in ages lol
I just tuned in and sorry but the jingle that had "let me lick you up and down till you say stop" sung by a staff member make me cringe so bad and turn the radio off...

d.w everyone, when me and tara finnish our exam we will be working at habboxlive.

-paul.
20-06-2010, 11:55 AM
no1 cares if u brought rocker to hxl or if u cover for sum1 u seem to keep on repeating urself like u should get a medal or sumtin, chill ou lol no1 cares nd it has nutin to do with the thread.

i love how

all other departments = can take criticism
hxl = basically atk ppl sayn they r wrong lol nd its the same with any feedback thread for hxl look bk on em

your not giving constructive criticism your basically saying oh HXL needs to improve because all djs are rubbish. And tbh we can take it. But when its not constrictive but its you just slagging people off we dont want to know. I think this threads needs to be closed.

Richie
20-06-2010, 11:59 AM
your not giving constructive criticism your basically saying oh HXL needs to improve because all djs are rubbish. And tbh we can take it. But when its not constrictive but its you just slagging people off we dont want to know. I think this threads needs to be closed.

when did i ever **** any1 off ;s im sayn tht either the younger djs need to step up their game and stop singing over songs nd sayn 'come down my room cos im kwl' or get older ones cos at least theyd hav a clue nd wouldnt be liokee 'im kwl'

-paul.
20-06-2010, 12:00 PM
then i agree with you 100% that singing over songs is stupid you tune in for the music not for a DJ to sing.

Dinosaurawrr
20-06-2010, 12:11 PM
But the thing is, most people who are older have more experience and they are more mature than younger people. And tbh drinking has nothing to do with Djing ololl

it was an example.
simply an example no need 2 bite my head off keri.

just people seem to start alot of things earlier aswell as djing. was my point "/

Blob
20-06-2010, 12:16 PM
I think HabboxLive should merge with Habbox.

JOKING DONT KILL ME AGAIN PLEASE.

But in my opinion, it is fine. Sure you will miss the old people, but the old people where new people once, and by old people leaving they give the new people a chance to be as good as the old ones in some peoples eyes.

-paul.
20-06-2010, 12:17 PM
i think you need to have a level of maturity to DJ because theres no point someone sending in a shoutout saying not liking the music then you refusing to DJ but i have to say that having younger DJ's is good as they relate to younger audiences but we do need a level of maturity as we are an official fansite and thus have a high level expected of us.

Robbie
20-06-2010, 12:21 PM

LMAO all the little minions will come again.

Keri?!
20-06-2010, 12:25 PM
it was an example.
simply an example no need 2 bite my head off keri.

just people seem to start alot of things earlier aswell as djing. was my point "/

Well, I wasn't 'biting your head off'
I was simply stating my opinion on you using that as an example because it has nothing to do with it.

Richie
20-06-2010, 12:27 PM
lol its not only the djs tho......... ppl r like 'its fine' it rlly isnt, hxl used to get 300 - 350 listeners now they struggle to get 100? quick sum1 hit me up with excuses

hah
20-06-2010, 12:32 PM
in the least non-mean way as possible.
can you make all American djs/Canadian djs only work when im in bed because their accent is so annoying especially when their voices aint broken
thats my only request

+ thats when they should be dj'in anyways cause they were hired for the american listeners :S

Richie
20-06-2010, 12:33 PM
in the least non-mean way as possible.
can you make all American djs/Canadian djs only work when im in bed because their accent is so annoying especially when their voices aint broken
thats my only request

lolll harsh, sum r alri but others r annoyn

Alkaz
20-06-2010, 12:34 PM
lol its not only the djs tho......... ppl r like 'its fine' it rlly isnt, hxl used to get 300 - 350 listeners now they struggle to get 100? quick sum1 hit me up with excuses tht its not even the slightest bit the staffs fault quickkk
Perhaps if Habboxlive have problems you could help identify them and ways to solve them as from some of your previous posts you seem to think that they turn a blind eye to everything and clearly wouldn't know what is wrong with their department.

Richie
20-06-2010, 12:37 PM
1) Add more rules and correct djs if they are doing something annoying (ie singing, 'im kwl come down me room')
2) Get some seniors that are a bit older for younger djs to look up too

Calvin
20-06-2010, 12:37 PM

But in my opinion, it is fine. Sure you will miss the old people, but the old people where new people once, and by old people leaving they give the new people a chance to be as good as the old ones in some peoples eyes.Oh god, don't start that one again.. you'll get killed!

But yeah, I don't tune into HabboxLive because singing over songs, plus I prefer stations with a lot more professional presenters (non-habbo ones) so I can't really say much, hopefully they'll stop singing over songs after this thread.

Alkaz
20-06-2010, 12:39 PM
1) Add more rules and correct djs if they are doing something annoying (ie singing, 'im kwl come down me room')
2) Get some seniors that are a bit older for younger djs to look up too
Thats all well and good saying add more rules, but rules saying what?

Richie
20-06-2010, 12:41 PM
-Your not aloud sing live on air (if anything pre-record)
-Don't speak over the middle of songs (not sure if this is a rule already, but surely the djs can wait 2mins for the song to end before saying 'search my name')

::Art::
20-06-2010, 12:45 PM
Please don't kill me here, but atm I think Gemma is the only good dj. Aiden and Grig were immense, but now they have left. You should hire more experienced djs.

I'd say the younger djs only dj because they want donations on habbo. Again don't kill me.

Alkaz
20-06-2010, 12:47 PM
So you want a larger senior team which I assume have been at HxL for a while and are a good quality DJ who can teach and guide other DJ's into becoming a better DJ.
At least three minutes of a song to play before any interruptions by the DJ.
Better links in between songs.
No DJ's singing through/after a song unless pre-recorded i.e. backing track.

Its hard to find experienced and mature DJ's and like so many people have already said they have to start and learn somewhere and if HxL is the place then why not let HxL be the place for them?

Grig
20-06-2010, 12:51 PM
I'm still here lol and yeh DJs improve all the time. We're not perfect, but I'm sure after lots of practice and help the newer folk will eventually get there.

hah
all the good dj's have left for clubhabbo because their radio is run better lol :l

http://rbguides.com/screenshots/6847fb42.png

how many years has jess been in that job :S ?

Angel-Light
To the person saying there are no immature DJs at HxL then it is a lie ;)

There will always be immature people who think they are cool and do stupid things on air because the listeners ask them to. Maybe once in every while you should have an hour on the radio where NO REQUESTS for songs are taken and the music is selected by a DJ. Much like how radio stations are in the world outside of Habbo.

Things that ahve constantly annoyed me while working at HxL and not working there is DJs singing, making stupid comments while a song is playing and playing the exact same song over and over again! If people wish to hear the song then they should purchase it themselves and play it over and over and the singing thing. Rules should be made that no singing is allowed at all (except if it is okayed by management and is pre-recorded version of a song for a special occasion), talking over songs should be kept to a minimum and the amount of chart music played within their hour is greatly reduced.

Going back to CH's example of introducing an age restriction for applying. It is a great idea, no offense to those under that age but often people are immature at the ages below 13 as they have not started High school, are often perusaded enough to do stupid things and their music collection may not be as large.

Overall introduction of rules and possibly a minimum age restriction for DJs may reduce listeners at the start but overall it may grow as people on forum (who are older than a lot of DJs) may start tuning in and therefore increasing the traffic for HabboxLive.

beth
20-06-2010, 12:52 PM
well, i was totally in bed when i posted my last reply, so here's a better one:

i, myself, sometimes do have problems listening to the younger dj's because of the professionalism, but i don't think that's the case here at hxl. infact, compared to when i first dj'ed about 5/6 years ago, things have improved dramatically.
but, why shouldn't younger dj's have a chance to improve. if i hadn't started dj'ing when i was 14, i doubt i would be any good now. i've just finished my acting course where i've studied various radio presenting methods, and i'll tell you, just because the other people on my course were 16/17/18 that didn't mean they were automatically amazing at dj'ing.

also, i agree with some of the posts about repetitive chart music, and that's something i as a returning dj will look to vary slightly; because i my main music genre is twee/indie/electro which isn't strongly represented: but, in all fairness habboxlive has a duty to provide a radio service to the users of habbo, who are a fair deal younger than the users here at hxf & enjoy the chart music.

lastly, i think a bridge needs to be formed more solidly between hxf and hxl. and i wanna try and do that as a dj aswell.

(ahahah this totally just sounds like a politicians manifesto.)

Richie
20-06-2010, 12:53 PM
1 )So you want a larger senior team which I assume have been at HxL for a while and are a good quality DJ who can teach and guide other DJ's into becoming a better DJ. - Yeah because lets be honest its a joke for a 16 year old to 'look up' to a 14 year old

2) At least three minutes of a song to play before any interruptions by the DJ.
Better links in between songs. - at the start and end on the song is fine if its not constantly, just don't speak through any song.

3)No DJ's singing through/after a song unless pre-recorded i.e. backing track. - Yeah pre-recorded then played (if they really wana sing)

Grig
20-06-2010, 12:54 PM
^^ Very good post Hayley. I think it's what yourself and Adzeh did more of a few years back and it did work well :). There will be those who annoy you everywhere you look, whenever or wherever.

hah
20-06-2010, 12:55 PM
I think the age restriction is a great idea. But then again, a lot of people would lie. But i suppose you could maybe tell from their voices etc.
Think you should hire more people from the forum who post.... get more listeners that way

beth
20-06-2010, 12:55 PM
1 )So you want a larger senior team which I assume have been at HxL for a while and are a good quality DJ who can teach and guide other DJ's into becoming a better DJ. - Yeah because lets be honest its a joke for a 16 year old to 'look up' to a 14 year old

2) At least three minutes of a song to play before any interruptions by the DJ.
Better links in between songs. - at the start and end on the song is fine if its not constantly, just don't speak through any song.

3)No DJ's singing through/after a song unless pre-recorded i.e. backing track. - Yeah pre-recorded then played (if they really wana sing)

with number 2, i know from working on a commercial station in birmingham, that it's actually illegal to talk through more than the intro of the song, so i don't know where/how people have picked this trick up. but i totally agree, it annoys me.

Calvin
20-06-2010, 12:56 PM
Oh and another reason I don't tune into HabboxLive is because all they play is chart crap which can really get boring, play some variety.

hah
20-06-2010, 12:59 PM
was singing along to 50cent and dj nova just ruined it by shouting "90 more listeners for a throne"

:'(

Richie
20-06-2010, 01:02 PM
I think the age restriction is a great idea. But then again, a lot of people would lie. But i suppose you could maybe tell from their voices etc.
Think you should hire more people from the forum who post.... get more listeners that way

If they brought in the age restriction they would have to fire like 4/5's of their staff. Really tho, its a good idea but I highly doubt hxl would introduce it. The thing about other fansites, Clubhabbo, hffm etc is allot of their presenters are older. Oh and being immature is fine, I'm 18 and immature but doing ******ed things like speaking over songs and singing is just no.... lol

hah
20-06-2010, 01:04 PM
he just did it again :|
something about he ip addresses
pissing me off

Grig
20-06-2010, 01:05 PM
DON'T WORRY DJ GRIG IN 55 MINS INNIT

Calvin
20-06-2010, 01:07 PM
DON'T WORRY DJ GRIG IN 55 MINS INNITWoo, someone who plays variety and makes a good discussion! Oh, and doesn't speak over songs or sing. (A)

hah
20-06-2010, 01:09 PM
ok thats the 4th song in a row he talked over
fire him

Richie
20-06-2010, 01:10 PM
Woo, someone who plays variety and makes a good discussion! Oh, and doesn't speak over songs or sing. (A)

calv carefull... ur staff, staff with opinions = fired lol

OT: new rules need to be introduced defo

hah
20-06-2010, 01:11 PM
omgggggggggggggggggggggggggg he did it again
seriously
you dont talk over b.o.b

---------- Post added 20-06-2010 at 02:15 PM ----------

just done it again
seriously

Calvin
20-06-2010, 01:15 PM
omgggggggggggggggggggggggggg he did it again
seriously
you dont talk over b.o.bNot over Black Eyed Peas either. :@:@:@:@:@:@

Inseriousity.
20-06-2010, 01:16 PM
I just got rejected from a job because I was 'too young' and they 'wanted someone older'. This is in real life but the same thing applies on here, the difference being that the ages are slightly lowered online! How can someone learn if they're not given the chance!! So I don't think an age limit will really make any difference because one day, you'll get even older and one day you'll find the 13 year olds annoying as well... then older and the 14 year olds annoying and before long, you'll be so old that it'll be "ahh back in my day, we weren't like this". It's only natural, I suppose.

I do however agree with the other new potential rules to try to boost professionalism amongst our djs, who may not be quite there yet! :D

hah
20-06-2010, 01:21 PM
he is talking while eating!!!!!
doesnt he have manners

Calvin
20-06-2010, 01:22 PM
he is talking while eating!!!!!
doesnt he have mannershes making me hungry

hah
20-06-2010, 01:25 PM
hxl's gone to **** since scott left :l

Gina
20-06-2010, 01:25 PM
People shouldnt just judge people (djs) on there age, some people can be like 12 yet still be a good dj just cos some people are older dosnt make a difference to how mature or how good people are at most things, its just goes to show how ,many people judge people by what they are and there age and not how good they are inside...

Like i love pretty much all habboxlive djs and if put to a challenge like jess and keri leaving they'll carry on keeping the site up. All djs are as good as each other. Everyone makes mistakes and they shouldnt effect what they can do, habboxlive will NEVER be ---- as theres no reason y it will be as there some amazing djs with habbox and great staff helping habbox

Richie
20-06-2010, 01:31 PM
i egg-ree graham nd gina kk i wont judge ppl when i find a hxl dj thats 12 nd doesnt speak over songs / sing

Gina
20-06-2010, 01:34 PM
LOL all im saying is habboxlive dosnt need improvments, they've got great djs as it is and if jess and keri leave other djs will cope and keep it going and its not fair how people are saying just because some djs are old there better when young people like 13+ can be better/ as good

Richie
20-06-2010, 01:36 PM
LOL all im saying is habboxlive dosnt need improvments, they've got great djs as it is and if jess and keri leave other djs will cope and keep it going

I agree, the listeners dropping by like 200 over the past year is perfectly fine. Ah sure another 50 wont make a difference, habboxlive will be fine once they have the djs theres no need for listeners at all uno.

Gina
20-06-2010, 01:46 PM
I think habbox has to like has something more to the listeners as in like they mainly tune in for comps but they no they'll never win so tune out i agree theyve gone down and all that but i dont think its the djs fault i think the listeners need to get involved more tbh

FlyingJesus
20-06-2010, 01:53 PM
BETHIE IS BACK. PROBLEM SOLVED.

beth
20-06-2010, 01:58 PM
BETHIE IS BACK. PROBLEM SOLVED.

LOL LOVE YOU.

Gina
20-06-2010, 02:07 PM
LOL Some peoplke are great djs and bethie you probs are and i'd be like wow if u did solve theproblems LOL never seen a dj do it b4 <3

beth
20-06-2010, 02:12 PM
LOL Some peoplke are great djs and bethie you probs are and i'd be like wow if u did solve theproblems LOL never seen a dj do it b4 <3

will try my bestest ;) i've always been an advocator of variety and professionalism ;)

Grig
20-06-2010, 02:38 PM
Bethie is great!

beth
20-06-2010, 02:43 PM
oh yr all so lovely. i want to touch you all.

sammy
20-06-2010, 02:45 PM
I really dislike how everybody assumes that it's just HabboxLive that's declining in listeners. Most likely, Habbox is losing users as a whole. HxL is always targetted because it's the one department that shows how many people actually use it, I think some stats for the whole of Habbox would be rather interesting.

This thread seems pointless in my opinion - the only valid complaint I can see is the talking/singing over songs complaint, which is already being sorted & djs are, as always, being reported for doing this a lot.

FlyingJesus
20-06-2010, 02:45 PM
Watch it Sam will start a fight ;|

jk he's a pansy lol

Edited by Bolt660 (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not make pointless posts which could offend others.

hah
20-06-2010, 03:00 PM
I really dislike how everybody assumes that it's just HabboxLive that's declining in listeners. Most likely, Habbox is losing users as a whole.

This thread is just about Habboxlive so stop trying to shift the blame to other areas.

HxL is always targetted because it's the one department that shows how many people actually use it, I think some stats for the whole of Habbox would be rather interesting.

Havent seen a HXL thread in months, but its brought up about forum users declining. So again, stop trying to shift the blame

This thread seems pointless in my opinion - the only valid complaint I can see is the talking/singing over songs complaint, which is already being sorted & djs are, as always, being reported for doing this a lot.

It clearly isnt pointless seeing as i posted 5 times about a dj talking over loads of songs. So it isnt really being dealt with. Richie is so right when he said the DJ's just shift the blame

sammy
20-06-2010, 03:07 PM
This thread is just about Habboxlive so stop trying to shift the blame to other areas.

Havent seen a HXL thread in months, but its brought up about forum users declining. So again, stop trying to shift the blame

It clearly isnt pointless seeing as i posted 5 times about a dj talking over loads of songs. So it isnt really being dealt with. Richie is so right when he said the DJ's just shift the blame

I'm not shifting the blame at all. I agree that HabboxLive has lost popularity, I'm simply saying other departments probably have too. I can assure you, the dj you spoke about earlier will be dealt with - I'll get Gemma to send the pm now if you'd like?

Nixt
20-06-2010, 03:39 PM
I think the overriding issues we are having here are two things. First, DJs singing on air. Secondly (and in my opinion more importantly) DJs talking over songs that are playing. It seems that music variety is also a point being brought up.

I'll start by saying that (with all due respect to those who are taking the time and effort to give us feedback, which is appreciated) a significant majority of those giving feedback are those who don't actually tune into HabboxLive very often and therefore aren't able to give informed feedback. However what we do need to look at is why you aren't tuning into HabboxLive, and how we might change so you will tune in.

A lot of what HxL do is what appeals to our younger audience who play Habbo. They often like singing and some of the more "immature" things HxL DJs do. What I don't want to do in considering your feedback is ignore those who listen to HxL on a regular basis and actually enjoy most of what goes on. I personally feel that speaking over songs, however, is extremely annoying and unprofessional. Unless it is timed correctly with the song and is important, it should not be happening. This however, is already a rule as far as I am aware. What we do need to be doing is making sure that this rule is upheld :).

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!