PDA

View Full Version : England vs Slovenia.

Bun
20-06-2010, 12:16 PM
Thought i'd make it early seeing as England's world cup hopes are on the line. Wednesday, 3pm. Do or die time. We basically need a victory, and that needs to be by one more goal than (if) the USA beat Algeria to top the group. If we draw and somebody wins the other game we're out. If we draw 2-2 and USA draw 0-0 it would go down to drawing lots, which would be interesting to say the least.

Thoughts? Predictions? Reckon Capello will finally give the public what they want by playing Gerrard off Rooney?

AlexOC
20-06-2010, 12:24 PM
I can just not believe we are down to this, we should be blitzing this group and yet we're talking about what needs to happen in the other matches and relying on other teams.

Rooney is not playing well atall, thats why i don't think he should start, i think he should be brought on around 30 minutes/half time when the games in full swing, and hopefully he produce the goods.

Heskey should start, and hopefully win everything in the air and set up chances for gerrard or the wingers.

Lennon/SWP have both played mediocre, so god knows who should start on the wings.

**** thing is, its on at 3pm, and i have an exam that day which finished at 2.45, so i cant miss the day. Gonna have to leg it home :/

JackBuddy
20-06-2010, 12:28 PM
I can just not believe we are down to this, we should be blitzing this group and yet we're talking about what needs to happen in the other matches and relying on other teams.

Rooney is not playing well atall, thats why i don't think he should start, i think he should be brought on around 30 minutes/half time when the games in full swing, and hopefully he produce the goods.

Heskey should start, and hopefully win everything in the air and set up chances for gerrard or the wingers.

Lennon/SWP have both played mediocre, so god knows who should start on the wings.

**** thing is, its on at 3pm, and i have an exam that day which finished at 2.45, so i cant miss the day. Gonna have to leg it home :/
Rooney shouldn't be dropped, he's our best player in/off form. Heskey shouldn't start, there is too much temptation to play the long ball every time. In an interview with Glen Johnson he said that he was told to distribute the ball to wingers quickly, which hasn't happened once this tournament. This forces Lennon/SWP to drift infield away from the wing to get more of the ball which makes them half as effective.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vb0HTqzy_0k

If you watch that video you'll notice that when he's wide he receives the ball early and it is often when he has acres of space in front of him to run in to. Johnson is too attack minded to play with an out-and-out winger, Lennon often dropped back covering the space Johnson left in defence. When Johnson plays with a winger it's just Glen Johnson and another shirt further upfield which is just making up numbers in the team.

I know I keep going on about Lennon, but he's the player I know most about in the England squad and it frustrates me how he isn't being used effectively!

CHA!NGANG
20-06-2010, 12:52 PM
Lol yes you do keep going on about Lennon :P In actual fact, I don't think that Lennon or Heskey should play.

Instead J. Cole and Milner should on the wings to allow Johnson and Cole to bomb forward. Barry holding, Gerrard and Lamps infront and Rooney right at the top.

It won't ever happen and we'll probably play 4-4-2. The only change I can see happening is Crouch for Heskey, and possibly J. Cole for Lennon or Lampard but even that probably won't happen.

Oh and Upson will probably play over Dawson.

JackBuddy
20-06-2010, 01:03 PM
Lol yes you do keep going on about Lennon :P In actual fact, I don't think that Lennon or Heskey should play.

Instead J. Cole and Milner should on the wings to allow Johnson and Cole to bomb forward. Barry holding, Gerrard and Lamps infront and Rooney right at the top.

It won't ever happen and we'll probably play 4-4-2. The only change I can see happening is Crouch for Heskey, and possibly J. Cole for Lennon or Lampard but even that probably won't happen.

I would pick Upson too, but isn't Dawson the only RCB left?

StefanWolves
20-06-2010, 01:05 PM

Im going to say England will play 4-3-3 with Rooney up on his Own with support from the wingers and Gerrard playing the highest of the three midfielders.

If we do go 4-3-3/4-5-1 i can see us winning 3-1. Btw does anyone else miss Hargreaves? IMO hes better than Barry.

Browney
20-06-2010, 01:07 PM
I hope Capello throws caution to the wind and plays 3-4-3. (h) No, but 4-1-2-3.

Hart
Johnson - Upson - Terry - Cole
Barry
Gerrard -- Lampard
Lennon - Rooney - Cole

To be fair lads, we don't know as much as Capello. I feel sorry for the guy. He has all these great players but they just aren't performing. He has been playing 4-2-3-1 in a way that is probably the right tactics but we just cant seem to perform. It's frustrating.

W00TZEH
20-06-2010, 01:10 PM
James
Johnson Upson Terry Cole
SWP Barry Lampard Cole
Gerrard
Rooney

CHA!NGANG
20-06-2010, 01:11 PM
I would pick Upson too, but isn't Dawson the only RCB left?

Yes but Terry will probably have to be pushed over to the right even though he doesn't like it, or Upson will play RCB.

I don't mind Dawson but I can't see Capello taking any risks with someone that hasn't played before.

And yes I miss Hargreaves. In actual fact, I'd put him next to Barry with Lampard, Gerrard and J. Cole infront and Rooney at the top.

---- Hargreaves - Barry ----
Lampard - Gerrard - J. Cole
------------ Rooney -----------

That would really allow Johnson and Cole to bomb forward and would mean Gerrard and Rooney can link up.

cocaine
20-06-2010, 01:12 PM
i reckon 1-0 slovenia

Browney
20-06-2010, 01:13 PM
SWP? I HATE the guy. I miss Walcott. In a 4-3-3 I'd play Walcott over Cole on the left hand side and if we brought Johnson I'd play Johnson on the right. Two inswinging wingers who can cut inside, especially in a match like this.

Edit: Chain, Lampard on the right? I'd prefer Gerrard on the right if you were going to go that way. Lampard is the best "attacking from deep" midfielder in the world, in many educated opinions, why put him on wing where he's never really played?

JackBuddy
20-06-2010, 01:14 PM
I hope Capello throws caution to the wind and plays 3-4-3. (h) No, but 4-1-2-3.

Hart
Johnson - Upson - Terry - Cole
Barry
Gerrard -- Lampard
Lennon - Rooney - Cole

To be fair lads, we don't know as much as Capello. I feel sorry for the guy. He has all these great players but they just aren't performing. He has been playing 4-2-3-1 in a way that is probably the right tactics but we just cant seem to perform. It's frustrating.

I understand where you are coming from but I think he's too stubborn. He's playing a system which has never really been that effective for us. Pundits, ex-players, the general public all seem to be disagreeing with how he is managing the team. Morale is supposedly at 'an all time low' and his man management is poor. He doesn't even acknowledge players when they walk past him - which doesn't really put much confidence into a player when you spend 30+ days living like that. This is all from sky sports news btw, so I don't exactly know how much truth there is in those accusations...

CHA!NGANG
20-06-2010, 01:18 PM
It's not really right Wing. It's more RAM.

StefanWolves
20-06-2010, 01:20 PM
It's not really right Wing. It's more RAM.

It is RAM (says on Fifa :p) but the AMs play as wingers more or less.

Casualz
20-06-2010, 01:25 PM
I reckon 2-1 slovenia

CHA!NGANG
20-06-2010, 01:25 PM
Lol yea I know what you mean, but more like how Holland play. 2 Holding, 3 infront, then a striker.

Wouldn't really be a winger, but more inside. The fullbacks will give the width.

Browney
20-06-2010, 01:28 PM
It is RAM (says on Fifa :p) but the AMs play as wingers more or less.

Yeah, with Lennon it is Right Wing. Which may explain why Lennon wants to play as a winger and as Jack keeps telling us, the ball isn't coming to him early enough. Still though, Chain, I'd rather have Gerrard out right. He knows the role.

CHA!NGANG
20-06-2010, 01:29 PM
Ah k fair enough. I think that Gerrard and Rooney would link up better but I see what you mean. If I'm honest though, we could just put Milner in over Lampard. But, Lampard won't be dropped :P

StefanWolves
20-06-2010, 01:36 PM
Ah k fair enough. I think that Gerrard and Rooney would link up better but I see what you mean. If I'm honest though, we could just put Milner in over Lampard. But, Lampard won't be dropped :P

Drop Lampard, simple. He just doesnt do it for England.

-Nick
20-06-2010, 01:52 PM
its was a good match

CHA!NGANG
20-06-2010, 02:02 PM
its was a good match

You what?

-Heart
20-06-2010, 02:06 PM
Dawson SHOULD play ahead of Upson, but I don't think he will.

Bun
20-06-2010, 04:27 PM
its was a good match

*REMOVED*

i'd love to see:

----------------James
Johnson Upson Terry A.Cole
-----------------Barry
--------Lennon -----J.Cole-
--------------Lampard
---------------Gerrard
---------------Rooney

keeps ****zin up but u get the idea

Edited by Bolt660 (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not be rude to other forum members.

Black_Apalachi
21-06-2010, 04:12 AM
Drop Rooney and Lampard. Just sayin'

Soy
21-06-2010, 08:51 AM
i just think cappellos generally been a **** manager

Adamm
21-06-2010, 09:15 AM
Drop Rooney.

Black_Apalachi
22-06-2010, 12:30 AM
Drop Rooney.

Seconded

Jibbish
22-06-2010, 08:03 AM
------------------ James -----------------------
---- Johnson --- Dawson --- Terry --- Cole ----
---- Milner --- Barry --- Lampard --- J. Cole ----
----------------- Gerrard ----------------------
----------------- Rooney ----------------------

Is what I want to see to be honest, don't rate lennon one bit

MrPinkPanther
22-06-2010, 08:09 AM
I actually think Slovenia might beat us, theres now too much pressure for the England team and they will mess up. I'll certainly be disappointed if they do :(

CHA!NGANG
22-06-2010, 11:11 AM

Yeap Same. Although Upson is playing so swap him and Dawson and swap Barry and Lampard as Barry is left footed. I'd love Hart in goal but this is too big of a game for him to play.

Stryderman
22-06-2010, 12:03 PM
i reckon 1-0 slovenia

I actually think Slovenia might beat us, theres now too much pressure for the England team and they will mess up. I'll certainly be disappointed if they do :(

i actually dont agree 1 bit.

I think england will smash slovenia this time, they have seen how crap they been playing and they know they can do alot better, after being booed that aint exactly gonna make them wanna play rubbish again is it?

*i bet none of u xpected tht answer 4rm me* loooooooool

Swastika
22-06-2010, 12:19 PM
If we can't beat teams such as Slovenia and Algeria, then we don't deserve to be playing football never mind playing in the world cup.
Life as an England fan isn't easy, and if we lose tomorrow then i literally will cry my eyes out LOL, it will the most disappointed i will have been in a long time.
Personally i think Capello needs to change this stupid idea of telling the players the starting lineup a couple of hours before kick off, and i think he should play Gerrard off Rooney, maybe then we will beat piss poor teams convincingly.

Geraint
22-06-2010, 02:27 PM
"Life as an England fan isn't easy"

Haha, your 8th in the world or whatever it is.

JackBuddy
22-06-2010, 05:41 PM

Just you wait till the new season!!!

W00TZEH
22-06-2010, 05:46 PM

tbh it is easier being Welsh where you only have to worry about how many points your going to miss out on qualifying by

CHA!NGANG
22-06-2010, 05:48 PM
tbh it is easier being Welsh where you only have to worry about how many points your going to miss out on qualifying by

Ramsey and Bale, Future world beaters.

Geraint
22-06-2010, 06:52 PM

and when you struggle to beat Azerbaijan and Liechtenstein with your manager refusing to change from 5-3-2 or 5-4-1.

lTraditional
22-06-2010, 06:55 PM
Like 10-0 to Slovenia with the rate we are playing at and I am being serious. It is all down to Wayne Rooney and the goal keeper for this game but tbh, the England manager is crap anyway!

Stephen
22-06-2010, 07:07 PM
Imo capello is doing this on purpose to help italy win cos we're a big threat and would kick their bums harder than any other team :)

k im trolling

Jibbish
22-06-2010, 08:29 PM
Just you wait till the new season!!!
yeye lennon merkin uefa champions league 2k10 ;)

ihatehash
23-06-2010, 05:13 AM

Try being a New Zealand fan. oh wait it's ******* awesome right now!!! 78th drawing with 5th in the world :)

Arron
23-06-2010, 11:17 AM
i'd like Crouch to play the first half today alongside Rooney then sub him off for Heskey at half time. Gerrard has to play behind Rooney.

W00TZEH
23-06-2010, 11:36 AM
4-0 to England today GOAAARRRRRNNNNNNNNN

Stryderman
23-06-2010, 11:39 AM
Wnt be tht high and slovenia will get a goal

I reckon 2-1 to england tbh

4-0 to England today GOAAARRRRRNNNNNNNNN

JACKTARD
23-06-2010, 12:05 PM
I reckon 2-0 to England.

Eckuii
23-06-2010, 12:06 PM
James Milner and Defeo starting. I don't hear anything about Joe Cole and Stevie G up front? Capello will jus get slated if England don't perform today. Its a shame really, hes actually alright if he would do the right thing.

-paul.
23-06-2010, 12:13 PM
According to BBC News joe cole inst playing. lennon will be replaced by Milner and Heskey will be replaced by Defoe. I recon put rooney up alone and put defoe just bhenind as more of a attacking midfeild. long balls and not having strikers running back.

Tintinnabulate
23-06-2010, 12:18 PM
I am predicting 2-1. Hopefully it will be a good match.

Stryderman
23-06-2010, 12:20 PM
Thts wht i think it will be ^ 2-1 to england however i predicted 2-1 to slovenia on here jus cos im nt tht sure

Nixt
23-06-2010, 12:30 PM
I dunno how far we can blame Capello for this. Everyone is saying he is managing the team poorly but England played so well in the build up to the World Cup - so what's changed? I think ultimately it's the players and disunity within the team, for whatever reason. Obviously Capello has to do something to try and improve things but I think a lot of that burden rests with the individual players.

I am predicting 2 - 0 England. I think the players will realise this is it and put everything into it. I will be devastated if they don't.

Neversoft
23-06-2010, 12:31 PM
I reckon 2-1 to england tbh

i predicted 2-1 to slovenia on here

You're not making any sense.

Stryderman
23-06-2010, 12:39 PM
*REMOVED*

yes i can argue now i quit staff

i THINK it will be 2-1 to england but predicted 2-1 to slovenia ON MATCH PREDICTION cos slovenia have been playing well

You're not making any sense.

Edited by Bolt660 (Forum Super moderator): Please do not post to cause arguments.

CHA!NGANG
23-06-2010, 12:54 PM
*REMOVED*

yes i can argue now i quit staff

i THINK it will be 2-1 to england but predicted 2-1 to slovenia ON MATCH PREDICTION cos slovenia have been playing well

So you think England will win 2-1. But you also think Slovenia will win 2-1. Right...

2-0 England.

Stryderman
23-06-2010, 01:22 PM
no ***..

i think england will win 2-1 but i put on prediction 2-1 to slovenia just incase.

undastand now?

Neversoft
23-06-2010, 01:23 PM
No I do not understand.

CHA!NGANG
23-06-2010, 01:24 PM
Ohhh yea I undastand.

In that case, I think England will win, Slovenia will win, or it will be a draw.

But I'm right ;)!

Stryderman
23-06-2010, 01:24 PM
o-m-l.

YES CHINGALING UR GETTIN IT!!!!!!!!

Geraint
23-06-2010, 01:25 PM
Probably doing it so that he isn't wrong and can come back after the game and say he predicted it right. If England draw he'll just say "told ya Englnd wordnt beet sloveniaa"

Stryderman
23-06-2010, 01:27 PM
no idc about the england score u numpty.
my team is out the wc.

im jus sayin i think england will win 2-1

but predicted on 2-1 to slovenia cos englands been playin bad an slovenia quite good.

SO SECRETLY I WANT ENGLAND TO WIN 2-1

but put 2-1 to slovenia jus in case

GEDDIT NW?

CHA!NGANG
23-06-2010, 01:29 PM
no idc about the england score u numpty.
my team is out the wc.

im jus sayin i think england will win 2-1

but predicted on 2-1 to slovenia cos englands been playin bad an slovenia quite good.

SO SECRETLY I WANT ENGLAND TO WIN 2-1

but put 2-1 to slovenia jus in case

GEDDIT NW?

But Mexico got through?????

Stryderman
23-06-2010, 01:30 PM
ino dey did but my team is greece init

WE BIN THRU THIS

greece is my home team

mexico iz who i want 2 win

SORTED

Stephen
23-06-2010, 01:46 PM
did anyone else **** themselves at the start of that bbc news flash thing? lollllll

MrPinkPanther
23-06-2010, 01:47 PM
did anyone else **** themselves at the start of that bbc news flash thing? lollllll

Yes, yes i did. lol.

Stephen
23-06-2010, 01:48 PM
I thought it was resident evil

MrPinkPanther
23-06-2010, 01:50 PM
I thought it was resident evil

its cause it looked a bit like the umbrella thing, i thought that too

beth
23-06-2010, 02:15 PM
we're playing better. still not amazing though.

::Art::
23-06-2010, 02:21 PM
whats the score atm?

Stryderman
23-06-2010, 02:21 PM
indeed england is

---------- Post added 23-06-2010 at 03:21 PM ----------

0-0 .

Axel
23-06-2010, 02:22 PM
GOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL!

Stephen
23-06-2010, 02:23 PM
ANOTHER FEW OF THEM POLEASE

Stryderman
23-06-2010, 02:24 PM
oo get them

23-06-2010, 02:24 PM
NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO **** sake

MrPinkPanther
23-06-2010, 02:26 PM
so close

crazed
23-06-2010, 02:27 PM
Nice to see them playing a little harder, putting more effort into it. Cracking goal by Defoe

Camy
23-06-2010, 02:28 PM
such a lucky goal, and lampard should have buried that shot.

Stryderman
23-06-2010, 02:28 PM
yh they r playin a hella betta than the other day

syko2006
23-06-2010, 02:31 PM
Ohhh myyy! So many decent chances! :O

MrPinkPanther
23-06-2010, 02:31 PM
I love how excited we are all getting about being 1-0 up to SLOVENIA ha ha

Stephen
23-06-2010, 02:33 PM
such a lucky goal, and lampard should have buried that shot.

lucky?

Camy
23-06-2010, 02:36 PM
lucky?

He hit it straight at the keeper, he should have knocked it so far over the crossbar, but I guess they're bound to make stupid mistakes in the world cup.

CHA!NGANG
23-06-2010, 02:38 PM
He hit it straight at the keeper, he should have knocked it so far over the crossbar, but I guess they're bound to make stupid mistakes in the world cup.

Somepeople have no idea. When you actually play in goal and face a shot which is straight infront of you with such power and direction, you aren't going to stop it no matter who you are.

Camy
23-06-2010, 02:49 PM
Somepeople have no idea. When you actually play in goal and face a shot which is straight infront of you with such power and direction, you aren't going to stop it no matter who you are.

Obviously. It wasn't even that hard a shot, I don't think it was impossible to stop.

-paul.
23-06-2010, 02:52 PM
England cant loose their heads now. Theres still 45 minutes. Capello should be saying that were playing well but we can play better england still believes.

beth
23-06-2010, 02:54 PM
rooney off, crouch on.

MrPinkPanther
23-06-2010, 02:57 PM
rooney off, crouch on.
Maybe, Rooney's not at his best and i do love crouch. Give Rooney another 10 - 15 Mins and then go for Crouchy in my opinion.

Posts merged by Bolt660 (Forum Super Moderator): Double post caused by Forum Lag.

23-06-2010, 02:57 PM
WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

C'MON SLOVENIA!

Posts merged by Bolt660 (Forum Super Moderator): Double post caused by Forum Lag.

CHA!NGANG
23-06-2010, 02:58 PM
Obviously. It wasn't even that hard a shot, I don't think it was impossible to stop.

It wasn't impossible, but you're making it out that the keeper did another Green. In that case, the keeper did all he could.

Oh and keep Rooney on imo.

Nemo
23-06-2010, 03:04 PM
that was a pretty damn good second goal.

edit; nvm. what.

Camy
23-06-2010, 03:07 PM
It wasn't impossible, but you're making it out that the keeper did another Green. In that case, the keeper did all he could.

Oh and keep Rooney on imo.
Nah, nowhere near as bad as that, I'm just saying it wasn't the amazing goal the tv commentators are making it out to be.

beth
23-06-2010, 03:11 PM
he doesn't look on form, he's literally losing the ball all over the place. crouchy has a very good england goal record.

crazed
23-06-2010, 03:11 PM
that was a pretty damn good second goal.

edit; nvm. what.

Lol they put the score up aswell :P

Nemo
23-06-2010, 03:13 PM
Lol they put the score up aswell :P
massively baffled me. coz they put it up and the commentators were like oh its a shame it didnt count, so i was like ughhhh what. then like 20 seconds later they changed it back.

and ouch, hit the pole.

o n that slovenian goal keeper is pretty damn good

CHA!NGANG
23-06-2010, 03:16 PM
Rooney is picking up form now. Keep him on for the rest of the game.

Rapidshare
23-06-2010, 03:25 PM
Wow, great defending! This is what true England should be doing.

Diving bodies to stop the ball.

*John Terry.

23-06-2010, 03:27 PM
Rooney off!

Rapidshare
23-06-2010, 03:27 PM
Replaced by Joe Cole!

beth
23-06-2010, 03:38 PM
nervesss.

Stryderman
23-06-2010, 03:44 PM
im quite shocked tbh i thought slovenia might have got a goal to equalize by now then england score another last couple of mins

CHA!NGANG
23-06-2010, 03:48 PM
GG LADS. GG

JackBuddy
23-06-2010, 03:49 PM
**** sake, i booked saturday off work assuming we'd win our group.

Stephen
23-06-2010, 03:51 PM
******* america **** off damn yanks

Stryderman
23-06-2010, 03:51 PM
u did?

**** sake, i booked saturday off work assuming we'd win our group.

---------- Post added 23-06-2010 at 04:52 PM ----------

w8 wot it says hes from london

Edited by Nicola (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not post pointlessly

JackBuddy
23-06-2010, 03:52 PM
u did?

.....?

Edited by Nicola (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not post pointlessly

crazed
23-06-2010, 03:54 PM
Germany V Ghana tonight. We will all be watching through our fingers D:

Nixt
23-06-2010, 04:00 PM
Blimey that was tense! But still, brilliant game. This is the England we all know and love :D

Stryderman
23-06-2010, 04:00 PM
not all thanks

Edited by Oli (Forum Manager): Please don't post to cause arguments.

Eckuii
23-06-2010, 04:07 PM
Ahh beautiful. Whatever that guy has said above now has completly show that he knows nothing about football. I am going to scan so many posts to see you say that England wouldn't go through the group and give u a nice big juicy -reputation. :)

Well cracking, I was on the edge of my seat all game, England played good but not too good that the press tomorrow will say they are going to win. Bigger teams to face, when Argentina knock Mexico out everything will be all good and we can go beat the Argies. James Milner put some brilliant balls over, the whole performance shows how England can just play good football.

-Nick
23-06-2010, 04:07 PM
omg did you see that great header omg first goal so azaming we watched in our maths lesson lol

-paul.
23-06-2010, 04:08 PM
great match. Nerve racking but thats england :)

CHA!NGANG
23-06-2010, 04:13 PM
not all thanks

Why do you find the need to comment about everything and say things to annoy people.

Oh and I would bother finding the countless times that you said England wouldn't qualify but I cba.

beth
23-06-2010, 04:14 PM
i hate the american football team. just a pointer.

Browney
23-06-2010, 04:18 PM
Finishing second could be a blessing in disguise. We could miss Germany if Ghana sit back for the draw. Ghana want the win, surely, otherwise the Serbs could knock them out. Also, I don't fear Argentina in the quarters.

CHA!NGANG
23-06-2010, 04:37 PM
Argentina have the attack. They don't have the defence at all. We need to be solid at the back against them and we'll be fine. Upson will worry me big time although Carra should be back. What also worries me is that Argentina have the worlds worst RB, and we have Gerrard LM who won't take advantage of that at all.

I think Germany will finish top but who knows.

Browney
23-06-2010, 04:46 PM
Argentina have the attack. They don't have the defence at all. We need to be solid at the back against them and we'll be fine. Upson will worry me big time although Carra should be back. What also worries me is that Argentina have the worlds worst RB, and we have Gerrard LM who won't take advantage of that at all.

I think Germany will finish top but who knows.

There are two ways Ghana look at this match. They either go for the draw, knowing that will take them through, but in second if Serbia win. Or they go for the win. This guarantees them first place. But, if they leave themselves too open, Germany will punish them, but if they play for the draw there's always the chance that like Greece, they will succumb to a late goal. However, they draw and Serbia win and they face USA, rather than England. Now if I was the Ghana manager I'd say, let's hang on for the draw, because first place is the actual dangerous match.

Adamm
23-06-2010, 04:55 PM
hello, it's slovenia.

far from convincing. played no better than in previous 2 games.

CHA!NGANG
23-06-2010, 05:01 PM
hello, it's slovenia.

far from convincing. played no better than in previous 2 games.

You have to be kidding? Whilst I agree it was only Slovenia, this game was 10x better then the other two. The England players actually looked like they gave a damn, and it could easily have been 4/5-0. We played really well and I'm proud of the preformance. Even Rooney was picking up form until he got subbed.

Adamm
23-06-2010, 05:04 PM

it could've been 4/5-0 in each of the other matches but the fact is, it wasn't. it's becoming a regular thing. play like that against anyone whose names don't end in 'ic' and we'll lose.

3 points and a win, fair enough but far from convicing. i'm sorry, it's slovenia. their currency is cabbage fgs.

W00TZEH
23-06-2010, 05:12 PM
u did?

what?
meh we were much better, nothing too special though.

CHA!NGANG
23-06-2010, 05:17 PM

it could've been 4/5-0 in each of the other matches but the fact is, it wasn't. it's becoming a regular thing. play like that against anyone whose names don't end in 'ic' and we'll lose.

3 points and a win, fair enough but far from convicing. i'm sorry, it's slovenia. their currency is cabbage fgs.

I disagree greatly. That preformance was a lot better then any other game we played. How you can say otherwise is beyond me. But I agree, that was a good preformance, but it wasn't the best we can do. I think we're just getting started. You can't say we'll lose against another team. We were solid, nothing special, but solid. We created a lot of chances and on another day we could have scored 3-4, but they have a top class keeper. Rooney, Lampard, Defoe and Terry all had really good chances and the keeper pulled off two world class saves.

Axel
23-06-2010, 05:26 PM

Just because England isn't performing as you expected, there's no need to throw out racist remarks.

CHA!NGANG
23-06-2010, 05:27 PM
what?
meh we were much better, nothing too special though.

Ignore him. I have no idea what he's on about half the time.

MrPinkPanther
23-06-2010, 05:35 PM
Hey guys, lets calm it down a notch shall we? It's only football and at the end of the day, we won! Its a cause for celebration not arguments!

CHA!NGANG
23-06-2010, 05:37 PM
Hey guys, lets calm it down a notch shall we? It's only football and at the end of the day, we won! Its a cause for celebration not arguments!

Not really arguing, more debating :P This isn't really anything compared to what it's been like in the past.

Adamm
23-06-2010, 06:37 PM
Just because England isn't performing as you expected, there's no need to throw out racist remarks.
ahh yes, the ultimate response when an argument cannot be won. it was a joke.

i'm still positive, we haven't lost, at least. rooney is mis-firing again, he was on the left most of the game for some reason. lampard was vacant, defoe made the difference and terry was brilliant. players who didn't shine: rooney, lampard, barry. what you might call, 'the spine of the team'.

to win this retched thing, we need to perform better. it's simple. a shaky 1-0 win against a second rate side isn't the reason to go all hell bent and bend over for the team, that isn't going to win us the tournament.

CHA!NGANG
23-06-2010, 06:41 PM
Lampard wasn't bad. He wasn't anything near his best but he chipped in a bit. Barry was quite bad. So was Upson actually, except for his tackle which was really good. Rooney played well towards the end of the game and really picked it up. I'm sure he'll make an impact in the next game. Shame he was subbed because I'm sure he would have scored.

Adamm
23-06-2010, 06:48 PM
He needed that goal, England needed him to score that goal. I can imagine (all hypothetically, of course) that it might be costly.

Hagdanovic (sp) put in a good shift though.

JackBuddy
23-06-2010, 07:57 PM
Bring on the Germans, despite us not really hitting top form we can do it. German defence / GK are far from convincing.

CHA!NGANG
23-06-2010, 08:00 PM
The German keeper is top class. Better then any English keeper. Although he is there 2nd choice after the first choice got injured, he's one of the most promising keepers in the world. Also Lahm is world class and Mertesacker is good. The left hand side isn't great though, so Milner should be able to whip in a few balls from there similar to today. Although we'd need Crouch as Mertesacker is 6 ft 6.

We should hit them from the left really. We need a strong defence against them and need to close them down quickly, but it's possible to beat them and I think we can actually. Not worried too much.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!