PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: iPod touch, iPad, iPhone owners: iOS 4 is out

Agnostic Bear
21-06-2010, 07:49 PM
also, http://imgbear.com/ios/

Discuss iOS 4. Do it now.

Thead Moved by Nicola (Forum Super Moderator) from 'Technology Discussion'.

Recursion
21-06-2010, 07:55 PM
Yayyy.

I just put my iPod Touch back in my drawer, where it's been for the past 2 months, yayyy.

GoldenMerc
21-06-2010, 08:17 PM
Whats new on it?

Judge Judy
21-06-2010, 08:23 PM
Whats new on it?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IOS_version_history#4.x:_Fourth_major_release_of_t he_OS
a lot :P

cocaine
21-06-2010, 08:24 PM
i love iOS4 already

Latour
21-06-2010, 08:30 PM
The iPad ready version won't be out until September or October... I forget which.

Anyways, I'm downloading iOS4 for my iPod Touch now... Hope it's good ;)

Sunny.
21-06-2010, 09:14 PM
I have a ipod touch 2nd gen.

Im currently running the iOs 4 BETA jailbroken because it allows multitasking.
If i download and update from itunes will multitasking still work?

I heard that ipod touch 2g doesnt allow multi tasking

EDIT: Just checked it doesnt allow multi tasking. I think il wait til jailbreak is available or try redsn0w BETA for this vers of ios4 :)

Jordy
22-06-2010, 04:56 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IOS_version_history#4.x:_Fourth_major_release_of_t he_OS
a lot :PNot rly, all are incredibly minor things which won't change anything for most users. I've noticed apps crashing a lot, the multi-tasking is poor and I cannot work out how to use the categories. I've searched the entire OS and cannot find it, I must be doing something wrong.

AgnesIO
22-06-2010, 05:05 PM
I guss since it's apple it is the best release known to man (even though alternative/better operating systems have had virtually all the features for ages lol)

I only just heard today, but what the ****.. why the hell can you only just put on your own background? I thought people were joking saying they can't lol

GommeInc
22-06-2010, 05:07 PM
Apparently, it's not even multi-tasking according to some geeks :P If you have something that uses an internet connection, let's say, a messenger app, it would cut the internet connection off effectively making you "offline". It's still got another few generations before it's on par with Android. Either way, it's a start :)

I only just heard today, but what the ****.. why the hell can you only just put on your own background? I thought people were joking saying they can't lol
I swear iPhones have had that function since the second generation? :S Surely that's not right? Apparently, OS4 causes many problems with in the first iPhone (which is why it's not supported) because of backgrounds and icons. Which makes me think, was the hardware in the first iPhone really that bad?

AgnesIO
22-06-2010, 05:11 PM
Apparently, it's not even multi-tasking according to some geeks :P If you have something that uses an internet connection, let's say, a messenger app, it would cut the internet connection off effectively making you "offline". It's still got another few generations before it's on par with Android. Either way, it's a start :)

I swear iPhones have had that function since the second generation? :S Surely that's not right? Apparently, OS4 causes many problems with in the first iPhone (which is why it's not supported) because of backgrounds and icons. Which makes me think, was the hardware in the first iPhone really that bad?

Well I thought that but friends with iPhone's today, were for some reason boasting they could have their own backgrounds lol

GommeInc
22-06-2010, 05:27 PM
Well I thought that but friends with iPhone's today, were for some reason boasting they could have their own backgrounds lol
Simple things please simple minds ;)

*changes homescreen to have 5*5 rows of apps and adds a folder on his* (H)

Trinity
22-06-2010, 07:31 PM
Not rly, all are incredibly minor things which won't change anything for most users. I've noticed apps crashing a lot, the multi-tasking is poor and I cannot work out how to use the categories. I've searched the entire OS and cannot find it, I must be doing something wrong.

Hold your finger on an app until it shakes, drag it and drop it onto another app.

I'm not going to bother installing it on my ipod touch, I can't see myself really needing any of the new features. I'm fine on 3.0.

Robbie
22-06-2010, 07:34 PM

Not entirely true. VoIP and Internet Radio/Audio apps etc will still run using the net in the background.

dbgtz
22-06-2010, 07:37 PM
I'll probs get later but how do I tell what g my ipod is? I didn't really pay attention XD

Trinity
22-06-2010, 07:49 PM
I'll probs get later but how do I tell what g my ipod is? I didn't really pay attention XD

"The iPod touch (3rd generation) can be distinguished from iPod touch (2nd generation) by looking at the back of the device. In the text below the engraving, look for the model number. iPod touch (2nd generation) is model A1288, and iPod touch (3rd generation) is model A1318."
From http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1353

If it doesn't have the volume control buttons or speakers then it's a 1G.

Markeh
24-06-2010, 02:55 PM
Not worth upgrading if you haven't got a 3GS or 3rd gen touch.

Now I've got even more of an incentive to jailbreak.

Jam
24-06-2010, 03:09 PM
Folders for first two generations of iPhone & iPod Touch, what brilliant upgrades.

Sameer!
24-06-2010, 03:20 PM
love the deesign of it

MrPinkPanther
24-06-2010, 03:28 PM
Folders for first two generations of iPhone & iPod Touch, what brilliant upgrades.

Second gens only I'm afraid ;). First gens can't upgrade.

Camy
24-06-2010, 06:30 PM
Can the iPhone 3g not change the home screens background? I've looked but can't find the option.
If it can't, I really don't get why, older jailbroken ones can, so what's stopping it?
Seems a bit early to ask, but is ios4 anywhere near being jailbroken yet?

Trinity
24-06-2010, 07:20 PM
Seems a bit early to ask, but is ios4 anywhere near being jailbroken yet?

Yes, http://www.redmondpie.com/sn0wbreeze-ios-4.0-jailbreak-iphone-3g-3gs-windows/
That's the first link I found, there seems to be quite a few other methods to jailbreak iOS4 though.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!