PDA

View Full Version : New game mode added.

crazed
22-06-2010, 10:30 AM
It's the one with no killstreaks :) HQ Pro and all that included. Played it this morning. Turns out people camp for the fun not just kill streaks..

Josh
22-06-2010, 10:57 AM
No PC. :(

Neil
22-06-2010, 11:16 AM
It's the one with no killstreaks :) HQ Pro and all that included. Played it this morning. Turns out people camp for the fun not just kill streaks..

That's because if they don't camp then it will hurt their presious little k/d, the poor little number must be looked after because if it isn't then they aren't epixx1337pr0s you know.

samsaBEAR
22-06-2010, 11:39 AM
I'm looking forward to playing this quite a bit. I personally rush the **** out of the enemy team till I get my killstreaks, then I just sit back like a noob, so it'll be nice to continously rush.
Also Neil, what's up with your Battlefield thing. I swear it's been at 15 for ages. Does it not update often, or do you level up really slow in Battlefield?

dbgtz
22-06-2010, 11:47 AM
is this just 360 atm?

samsaBEAR
22-06-2010, 01:04 PM
is this just 360 atm?
Yeah, the playlist comes to PS3 when the maps are out

---------- Post added 22-06-2010 at 02:05 PM ----------

Also, what playlist did this get rid off, I hope Team Tactical has stayed

Camy
22-06-2010, 03:42 PM
They haven't got rid of anything I don't think, I played it earlier, meh, it still plays basically the same, people still aren't playing for objectives and just camping.

dbgtz
22-06-2010, 04:48 PM
they must have got rid of something (cos according to iw they cant add different sets of game modes like treyarch did).

crazed
22-06-2010, 05:09 PM
Cage match went a while back..? Maybe this replaced it?

Camy
22-06-2010, 05:35 PM
Nah, they replaced it with normal team tactical.
The playlist..list definetly looks bigger to me, I don't think they have gotten rid of anything.

samsaBEAR
22-06-2010, 07:03 PM
I read on fourzerotwo's twitter that they've got rid of the Capture The Flag playlist, but it's still in Mosh Pit and Team Tac and stuff, but that's only one playlist, sometime else must've been taken out to accomodate both Bare Bones

Oleh
23-06-2010, 01:36 AM
What!! They got rid of ctf! Thats the best gametype to play with a 6man squad on a boring friday night in.

samsaBEAR
23-06-2010, 06:56 AM
Yeah, I quite liked CTF, but then I think it's funner when you get it in Team Tac because I rarely play with 5 others at a time.
I played the Barebones Objective and I love it. I actually play better when I don't have to worry about dieing before hitting higher killstreaks. The only thing they need to remove is deathstreaks and grenade launchers, then it'll be perfect imo

samsaBEAR
23-06-2010, 07:50 AM
They also took out the Mosh Pit playlist

Camy
23-06-2010, 02:13 PM
They should have took out team deathmatch express, i really dont see the point of having two different tdm playlists. I don't get why they don't just reduce the lobby time in the normal team deathmatch playlist if people are that bothered about waiting.

samsaBEAR
23-06-2010, 02:25 PM
Yeah I don't really get the point TDM Express, that could've easily been taken out, as well as 3rd Person Team Tac. Having said that I assume they've probably taken out the playlists that aren't as popular

Camy
23-06-2010, 02:32 PM
Yeah, its just talking up space needlessly. Surprisingly 3rd person is quite fun now and again, and its so much easier to get headshots and fmj kills, so I hope they keep it.
Yeah, I don't think there would have been many people playing mosh pit or ctf, as you need a full team, with a mild amount of tactics to win the game.

samsaBEAR
23-06-2010, 03:03 PM
I had just started to play Mosh Pit, but I prefer Barebones so I have no problems with it being taken away. But I don't get how they just can't have them all, the classic example is Halo 3 which has tonnes of playlists, and that still runs smoothly

Camy
23-06-2010, 03:14 PM
I used to play a bit of mosh pit with friends, we're all relatively good and used to play gb, so we always won cos of tactics and stuff, but I think for the newer players, (which aparently is their main target group) it was a bit too tactics based.
Barebones is a step in the right direction, they should have an mlg playlist like halo, and have no noob tubes or killstreaks.
And I imagine it has something to do with money, and having to buy extra servers or something, which activision would most likely to be trying to keep to a minimum.

dbgtz
23-06-2010, 03:37 PM
I want classic mode like in cod4, that was awesome.
I think they should have kept mosh pit but removed a team tac or as said before a tdm.

samsaBEAR
23-06-2010, 07:41 PM
Hardcore modes are also ones I think should go, I don't really see the point of less health and all that when every gun in the game kills super fast anyway. I have friends who ***** about not being able to play core because 'no one dies quick enough'- read: can't get one shot kills across the map with a Deagle

dbgtz
23-06-2010, 08:02 PM
hardcore is also about the removal of like the ammo bar thing and the radar etc. And tbh I think they do die alot quicker on hardcore then norm therefore it is good. Also no kill cams (campers best friends :l)

Oleh
24-06-2010, 10:55 AM
I think hardcore should have stayed in cod4 mode. i didnt play core on cod4 because hardcore was so awsome. but mw2 didnt feel right. so i only play core

samsaBEAR
24-06-2010, 11:16 AM
hardcore is also about the removal of like the ammo bar thing and the radar etc. And tbh I think they do die alot quicker on hardcore then norm therefore it is good. Also no kill cams (campers best friends :l)
No kill cams are the worst because some guy can one shot you with pretty much every gun from stupid ranges, so you have no idea where the guy is camping. When I play hardcore with friends, I find that the majority of the players only play hardcore because they can't play core while using silencers/stopping power or what have you

dbgtz
25-06-2010, 07:30 PM
I know I like kill cams (except on certain private matches), I was stating the differences between core and hardcore.

Camy
25-06-2010, 08:28 PM
hardcore was the bees knees in cod4 lol.
mw2 it sucks balls because of how overpowered everything is.
i hate killcams wish a passion, so id rather not have them, but i only play normal on mw2 now, whereas i only played hardcore on cod4.
when you play hardcore alot you can work out roughly where people are when they kill you, cos the camera swings to them and puts them in the centre.

Neil
25-06-2010, 08:30 PM
Also Neil, what's up with your Battlefield thing. I swear it's been at 15 for ages. Does it not update often, or do you level up really slow in Battlefield?

Haha I haven't played it in ages, I plan on getting back on at some point but I've been out a lot and I recently just got Skate 3 and Naughty Bear so been busy with other games really.

Nathaaaan
03-07-2010, 11:23 AM
Well, I don't play MW2 much but I know the recent info about it. They included Barebones and Barebones Pro, and I'm pretty sure it was Capture the Flag they removed but I might be wrong.

samsaBEAR
04-07-2010, 02:03 AM
I'm getting kinda bored with Barebones now. I rage quit from a game, and due to MW2's amazing matchmaking system, and the small number of people playing Barebones Objective, I get put back into the same game. I manage to quit and rejoin the same game like 7 times once. I really wish more people played it, I personally think they should merge it with TDM Barebones and make it one big playlist, taking out FFA. It's a shame that killstreaks are what entice players to play MW2.
Capture The Flag without killstreaks is the best game type ever

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!