PDA

View Full Version : iPhone 4 Apple Store UK question...

StefanWolves
22-06-2010, 03:51 PM
i reserved my iPhone at the apple store at the bullring, birmingham... i understand that in america they cannot pay with cash, they must use debit/credit card... so what about the uk?

btw i reserved a 'sim-free' one.

are they allowing people to pay with cash or not?

Recursion
22-06-2010, 04:04 PM
As far as I know it'll be the same over here as it is in the US to stop people purchasing more than two for a while.

StefanWolves
22-06-2010, 04:19 PM
It says nothing on the e-mails they have sent me that I will HAVE TO pay with Debit Card, but does say I'll need to take proof of identity and I will need a debit card... but I think that is only if you are buying them locked to a network, but I am not...

GommeInc
22-06-2010, 04:45 PM
It says nothing on the e-mails they have sent me that I will HAVE TO pay with Debit Card, but does say I'll need to take proof of identity and I will need a debit card... but I think that is only if you are buying them locked to a network, but I am not...
Can you copy part of the email? Obviously the bits that do not give off personal information :P It might mean identity and debit card because you have to pay with at least a debit card, network or no network.

StefanWolves
22-06-2010, 04:48 PM
http://www.apple.com/uk/retail/iphone/

I'm buying mine 'Sim-Free'.

Recursion
22-06-2010, 04:52 PM
By the wording on that page, I'd guess you need ID and to pay with a debit card.

StefanWolves
22-06-2010, 04:54 PM
The wording makes it sound like that but nowhere on that page does it say 'sim-free' iPhone. They're only talking about Pay Monthly and locked iPhones to be used on Pay and Go...

Hmm, my father has debit card, we ordered one in his name and one in my name, would he be able to pay for both off the same debit card? or would it be 1 per debit card only?

GommeInc
22-06-2010, 05:10 PM
The wording makes it sound like that but nowhere on that page does it say 'sim-free' iPhone. They're only talking about Pay Monthly and locked iPhones to be used on Pay and Go...

Hmm, my father has debit card, we ordered one in his name and one in my name, would he be able to pay for both off the same debit card? or would it be 1 per debit card only?
I *think* this covers it:

Pay & Go plans*:

* UK credit or debit card (with account number and sort code)
* PAC code from your current network if you want to keep your existing phone number with o2 or Orange

So you may need a debit card, even though you're going SIM-free.

StefanWolves
22-06-2010, 05:16 PM
I *think* this covers it:

Pay & Go plans*:

* UK credit or debit card (with account number and sort code)
* PAC code from your current network if you want to keep your existing phone number with o2 or Orange

So you may need a debit card, even though you're going SIM-free.

Ok but you could be phones locked to Orange or O2 which is what i think they mean by 'pay and go', anyway just incase they dont accept cash will my dad be able to pay for both of the iPhones on his debit card, even though theyre reserved on two seperate accounts?

Im going to ring them in the morning to make sure. :)

GommeInc
22-06-2010, 05:26 PM
They might hope you assume that covers it. It would be odd to have to pay on debit card when you have to for both contract and pay&go. Definitely consider ringing/emailing though :)

Moh
22-06-2010, 05:27 PM
If it's a contract then you will require a debit card. Make sure it's a current account as opening a current account starts off a good credit history.

You will also need to take proof of id and a bank statement showing at least 6 transactions.

If it is a contract, you'll have to make sure you have a credit history - such as a current account and a steady income otherwise you wont be able to get the contract.

StefanWolves
22-06-2010, 05:43 PM
If it's a contract then you will require a debit card. Make sure it's a current account as opening a current account starts off a good credit history.

You will also need to take proof of id and a bank statement showing at least 6 transactions.

If it is a contract, you'll have to make sure you have a credit history - such as a current account and a steady income otherwise you wont be able to get the contract.

Im already on O2 simplicity which Apple have nothing to do with, because I have ordered a sim free phone from Apple...

Moh
22-06-2010, 05:47 PM
Im already on O2 simplicity which Apple have nothing to do with, because I have ordered a sim free phone from Apple...
http://puhekupla.com/News/Read/591

:)

StefanWolves
22-06-2010, 05:53 PM
I think you sent me the wrong link...?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!