PDA

View Full Version : Are you a fanboy/fanperson?

The Professor
22-06-2010, 05:04 PM
Confess your sins!

I'm a fan of Microsoft. I have a microsoft headset that cost £15 that has served me well for about 3 years, awesome sound quality and really comfortable. I have a windows mobile phone (ok yeah bad move :P), run windows 7 on every machine in the house and will get a WP7 phone in the future if it turns out to be a decent OS. Microsoft keyboards are the best I've used (to be fair I've only used Microsoft, HP and Saitek) and they own.

No flame wars please, make love not warcraft :D

Jahova
22-06-2010, 05:06 PM
No. I use all sorts of different brands although I do feel that most apple products are overpriced for what they are and there are similar if not better alternatives out there for a fraction of the price.

Jack!
22-06-2010, 05:09 PM
Alba Cheepness all the way :P

Nah, Microsoft lad here XP on older machines, 7 on my new baby, Lots of microsoft games, microsoft keyboard, but other stuff, E.g Headset was £3 from play, tacky cheap, horrible to wear and now in 2 pieces

Just saw the make love not warcraft bit, LOL

GommeInc
22-06-2010, 05:13 PM
Not reallly... I see the pros and cons in all things rather than just outright blast everyone, but I do have allegiance and preference. I like Creative Products, but would rather buy certain things like keyboards and so forth from elsewhere.

At the moment I'm going through an HP stage - monitor, desktop, keyboard and mouse. I won't get an HP speaker system because I "believe" Creative are superior in my needs :) If that makes sense? :P

Jamesy
22-06-2010, 05:14 PM
Absolutely not. I use whichever is most useful to me to get a task done with the least pain possible. I would say I have brand loyalty to some companies (Valve in particular) but I wouldn't say I am a 'fanboy' of it.

Homosexual
22-06-2010, 05:35 PM
I've started taking a liking into Apple products. They're overpriced, but they're amazing to use. I regret selling my iPhone to buy my iPad, but I love my iPad to pieces.

Luke
22-06-2010, 05:38 PM
I'm a fanboy in terms of games console. Just don't see what Microsoft offer that Sony doesn't. (:

Colin-Roberts
22-06-2010, 05:43 PM
im not really, i do prefer microsoft over apple and amd over intel but i do have something from each company

The Professor
22-06-2010, 05:56 PM
Not reallly... I see the pros and cons in all things rather than just outright blast everyone, but I do have allegiance and preference. I like Creative Products, but would rather buy certain things like keyboards and so forth from elsewhere.

At the moment I'm going through an HP stage - monitor, desktop, keyboard and mouse. I won't get an HP speaker system because I "believe" Creative are superior in my needs :) If that makes sense? :P

Funny, my sister has had 3 creative mp3 players and they all broke on her within 6 months :P

GommeInc
22-06-2010, 05:58 PM
Funny, my sister has had 3 creative mp3 players and they all broke on her within 6 months :P
What did she have? None of my ones broke for no reason. One snapped because I squashed it, and another saw a magnet. The other two still work :D

The Professor
22-06-2010, 06:04 PM
What did she have? None of my ones broke for no reason. One snapped because I squashed it, and another saw a magnet. The other two still work :D

A zen, a bigger zen that did video and a mosaic

GommeInc
22-06-2010, 06:14 PM
Lol, not the best names :P Was it the credit card sized Zen? The stone and the Zen Mini were dreadful. The original Zen that came out around the iPod Mini was amazing :D

Recursion
22-06-2010, 06:24 PM
ASUS fanboy, Microsoft fanboy, Logitech fanboy, big time Dell monitor fanboy, Linksys/Cisco fanboy, Android fanboy. xD

Agnostic Bear
22-06-2010, 06:53 PM
Valve, Gigabyte, Corsair, Lian Li, Samsung, MPC-HC, Google, Dr. Pepper.

Hitman
22-06-2010, 07:07 PM
No, not at all. I'll use anything and will enjoy anything providing the spec is good. I'm using Windows 7 as an OS but I'd happily use a Mac, I do want one and I'd happily use an iPhone or any other phone... I'm not fussy.

N!ck
22-06-2010, 07:43 PM
Google.

Other than that I go for whatever's best.

The Professor
22-06-2010, 08:05 PM
Valve, Gigabyte, Corsair, Lian Li, Samsung, MPC-HC, Google, Dr. Pepper.

Mountain Dew ftw.

Flisker
22-06-2010, 10:29 PM
Microsoft, LG, Gigabyte, Corsair, Coolermaster, Logitech, Sony, Valve, HTC, Android, Google, Toshiba. Maybe more but can't think right now.

HotelUser
23-06-2010, 03:16 AM
I'll try and be as honest as possible, no cruel comments please!

I really liked Microsoft a lot to the point of fanboyish, until Vista.

I wouldn't say I'm a Apple fanboy, as I don't buy apple everything. I compare OS X to being better than Windows, in which other people call me a fanboy from doing so, despite the fact that I've spent more money even recently on my Windows computers :P

I love Microsoft mice a lot. However I use the magic mouse for the ridiculous amount of shortcuts you can use with gestures with a third party app. If you couldn't use third party apps to do this then the mouse is pointless, and has little to offer.

I also really love Android, and HTC's N1, but that doesn't make me a fanboy!

iMartyn
23-06-2010, 04:04 PM
I'd probably say I'm an Apple fan boy now days.. Got an iPhone 3G, MacBook Pro and getting an iPhone 4 tomorrow (selling 3G to them)

I've always been on the fence with consoles, just got all of them and took the good bits from each.

-only just realized what my username on here is.. obvious much? iFail-

jackass
23-06-2010, 04:20 PM
Not really, but I do prefer Microsoft to others, and I really cannot STAND Apple. I actually hate them.

I'm a fanboy in terms of games console. Just don't see what Microsoft offer that Sony doesn't. (:

Savings?

Adamm
23-06-2010, 04:46 PM
Everyone is and anyone who says otherwise is a LIAR.

The Professor
23-06-2010, 06:26 PM
Not really, but I do prefer Microsoft to others, and I really cannot STAND Apple. I actually hate them.

Savings?

Savings on what? If you use Xbox Live you end up paying more over the life of the console, even if the original purchase price is less.

Luke
23-06-2010, 07:01 PM
Savings on what? If you use Xbox Live you end up paying more over the life of the console, even if the original purchase price is less.

What he said. :P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!