PDA

View Full Version : Windows 7 keeps changing the language

HotelUser
23-06-2010, 04:08 PM
I'll just be using my computer and all of a sudden it will change the language to French. I've changed it back to American English and even deleted French and it still changes itself back and french magically reappears in the language bar.

Is there ANY POSSIBLE WAY for me to FREEZE THIS LANGUAGE SETTING. This happens to most people here once in awhile, the language going french I mean, and I just want to lock and forget it. Technically Microsoft doesn't even give me a Canadian English, it only gives me Canadian French and Canadian Multilingual and I have to use US for English.

Recursion
23-06-2010, 05:14 PM
Why is it you always have problems people haven't heard of before in Windows...? :S

Anywho, I'm guessing you told Windows to set US English as the default?

Sharon
23-06-2010, 05:24 PM
Why is it you always have problems people haven't heard of before in Windows...? :S

He creates them himself with his hate to Microsoft </3

Is the language set as default?

HotelUser
24-06-2010, 12:56 AM

Yes, and lots of people have this problem here because we're bilingual!

Recursion
24-06-2010, 06:41 AM
Yes, and lots of people have this problem here because we're bilingual!

Ahh one more problem with Canada... lol jk :P

Flisker
24-06-2010, 07:32 AM
Sometimes the language bar will have settings for specific programs so click on the program, when it opens change the language bar to US English and that program should stay as English.

JonPeters
04-12-2010, 08:21 PM
Sometimes the language bar will have settings for specific programs so click on the program, when it opens change the language bar to US English and that program should stay as English.

Thought I would update this for other Canadians having the same issue.

Go to your Control Panel
Select: Clock, Language, and Region
Click the Keyboards and Languages tab.

Delete all languages except the one you want to use.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!