PDA

View Full Version : Speech Bubble Generator Help

nickyp88
23-06-2010, 08:04 PM
I've ripped a working speech bubble generator from a Habbo fansite. It had a couple of javascript files. The javascripts i think gets the avatar info off of habbo. In this font generator, it gives you a URL to the picture. However, the URL is to the website i ripped the Speech Bubble Gen. From. I have been trying to figure out how to change it so it will link to my website and put the speech bubble pictures on my site. In the javascript code, it says this somewhere:

var habbo_avatar = "http://www.habbies.nl/img/"+url+"/"+hotel+"/"+habbonaam+"/"+shout+"/"+text+".gif";

Note that the fansite is Dutch, so the code is in dutch. But I translated the HTM. page to english.
Anyways, I tried changing the code above to http://localhost/, but it didn't work. I want to figure out how I code it so it will post the speechbubble images to localhost. How do i do this?

Trinity
23-06-2010, 09:05 PM
I've ripped a working speech bubble generator from a Habbo fansite. It had a couple of javascript files. The javascripts i think gets the avatar info off of habbo. In this font generator, it gives you a URL to the picture. However, the URL is to the website i ripped the Speech Bubble Gen. From. I have been trying to figure out how to change it so it will link to my website and put the speech bubble pictures on my site. In the javascript code, it says this somewhere:

var habbo_avatar = "http://www.habbies.nl/img/"+url+"/"+hotel+"/"+habbonaam+"/"+shout+"/"+text+".gif";

Note that the fansite is Dutch, so the code is in dutch. But I translated the HTM. page to english.
Anyways, I tried changing the code above to http://localhost/, but it didn't work. I want to figure out how I code it so it will post the speechbubble images to localhost. How do i do this?

Wait, have you just saved the page? That is not going to work.
Forgive me if I have this wrong, but why should anyone help you with something that you openly admit you stole?

nickyp88
23-06-2010, 09:15 PM
It's just a font gen. not a million dollars. I just want help so i can figure this out.

Trinity
23-06-2010, 09:23 PM
It's just a font gen. not a million dollars. I just want help so i can figure this out.

It's still stealing.
There are freely available font gens. Use one of them. You willl not be able to steal one by just saving the page.

nickyp88
23-06-2010, 09:27 PM
Then where can I find a speech bubble generator? you tell me.

Trinity
23-06-2010, 09:40 PM
Then where can I find a speech bubble generator? you tell me.

No.
*longer*

nickyp88
23-06-2010, 09:42 PM
why won't you tell me? Because I ripped one from a site wanting one? It's not like you buy them! jeezz.

Trinity
23-06-2010, 09:58 PM
why won't you tell me? Because I ripped one from a site wanting one? It's not like you buy them! jeezz.

You haven't given me any reason to help you. You won't even admit that attempting to steal is wrong.
It's a pretty basic script, you should be able to build one yourself if you're willing to put some effort into it.

nickyp88
23-06-2010, 10:15 PM
Ok, I do admit that stealing is wrong, but i'm only trying to get the script. I couldn't code it myself, I have no expierience in javascript. But if you can tell me where to get one or help me make one, I would really appreciate it.

Trinity
23-06-2010, 10:38 PM
Ok, I do admit that stealing is wrong, but i'm only trying to get the script. I couldn't code it myself, I have no expierience in javascript. But if you can tell me where to get one or help me make one, I would really appreciate it.

Yay, we're making progress. You could code it yourself, if you're willing to put effort in and learn the basics of PHP* (not javascript, although that would be good to learn).
Alternatively, you could just wait and hope that someone else will find/make it for you and hand it to you on a plate without you having to put any effort in.

*I'm assuming it's done with PHP, it could just be one of those funky habbo urls like for generating pictures of a habbo.

Moh
23-06-2010, 11:21 PM
lol what the hell?

You're asking us to help you rip a generator?

You need the php files ;)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!