PDA

View Full Version : Parents +REP

Shar
24-06-2010, 10:13 AM
Recently, due to exams and other things, I have really grown apart from my parents - especially my mum - and I have no idea how to reconnect with her.
We fight more than we used to and I feel like she doesn't get me anymore.

+rep for advice

Swastika
24-06-2010, 10:31 AM
To be honest, all teenagers go through a bad patch with their parents, i did it and i can guarantee most people on HxF did too.
When she's alone try and sit down with her and have a talk, help her out around the house and try not to be snappy or moody with her.
It'll blow over quickly anyway, can i ask how old you are?

Shar
24-06-2010, 10:39 AM
That's the thing, I lose my cool really easily, one second I'm all calm the next I've lost it lol.
I'm 17 and I've never really had a real relationship with my mum ever lol.

Thanks for the advice +rep

Sharon
25-06-2010, 07:30 AM
Go shopping with your mum :) it should make her feel you want to spent time with her - which would probably be true.

Special
25-06-2010, 07:51 AM
if it is as bad as you explain, just tell her that you haven't been talking to her as much because of the exams, when they're over explain that you will spend more time with her and will be back to 'normal' you should make sure to aknowledge that you understand that you arn't connecting as much then she will understand more

HotelUser
25-06-2010, 01:36 PM
Though I don't do/talk much to my parents, when my mother and I would argue, we would really just be friends again within the hour. Us making up so quickly actually made my dad quite confused and even angry that we would have a serious conflict that we would almost straight away resolve.

By resolve usually we would just calm down for a short period of time, and then start talking to eachother normally again perhaps with several apologies :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!