PDA

View Full Version : Habbo Honor Points

Kalk
25-06-2010, 06:15 AM
More rewards for competitions! Come see how Honor Points are good for you!

We're constantly looking into more ways to reward Habbos for their good deeds and efforts. It's always a huge bummer when we're given limited resources to prize Habbos...even tho we feel they very much deserved to be recognized. So we devised a system called Honor Points (http://www.habbo.com/groups/99998/id). It was met with much praise from the Habbo community, and we're happy to announce a revamped Honor Point system for the brand new Habbo.com (http://habbo.com/)! For those familiar or unfamiliar with Honor Points...read below to find out how it will benefit you!

Habbo Honor Points
How does it work?

With select competitions on Habbo, we will announce the winner(s) for that specific competition and a specific number of runner-ups will receive honorable mentions. For every honorable mention, you will receive 1 point that will be noted on the scoreboard on the Honor Points group page (http://www.habbo.com/groups/99998/id). Once you reach certain levels, you can receive a super rare Bronze, Silver and Gold Trophy! There are 3 levels for achieving points. Visit the Honor Points group page (http://www.habbo.com/groups/99998/id) for more specific details...

*Important information for anyone who received Honor Points in the past...*
We've been running the Honor Point system for quite some time before the new Habbo.com (http://habbo.com/) relaunch. And we've got some good news for the previous participants who are active on the Honor Point scoreboard. For every Habbo that is already listed, we'll be added 7 points to your current scoreboard number! That means...any Habbo who was remotely close to achieving the next level prize will be rewarded for his/her previous efforts. After the prizing is completed, the Honor Points scoreboard will be reset.

Be sure to pay attention to each competition we post for chances to win Honor Points. Under some conditions...not all competitions will be able to host Honor Points. The amount of Honor Points available during each competition is pre-determined. It's a long road to earn one of those super rare Bronze, Silver or Gold Trophies...but it gives you more reasons to enter competitions and get recognized!

Good luck Habbos!
- Hotel Staff

Pretty cool to reward those who didn't get a shot at winning, especially in a hotel with literally thousands of entrants.

DPS
25-06-2010, 08:56 AM
It's a good idea i guess, but Honor Points? lol just sounds like they stole it from World Of Warcraft LOL

Arron
25-06-2010, 10:47 AM
would take agessssssss to get all three trophies

paramoreriot
25-06-2010, 10:50 AM
Think it will affect the value of those cup trophies?

Moh
25-06-2010, 11:01 AM
To get a honor point you have to win a competition/event?

Isn't that the whole point.. for those who can't win a competition/event? =S

Sameer!
25-06-2010, 11:23 AM
Looking forward to this!

crazed
25-06-2010, 12:40 PM
I don't get it, can some on explain it for me? :S

Ajthedragon
25-06-2010, 02:39 PM
They did this pre-merge. I think 1 person got a silver cup and 2 got a bronze. :P

Arron
25-06-2010, 03:54 PM
Ok here is how it works.

For each competition, the entries are sorted into two categories - "good" and "try again". This significantly reduces the number of entries. The "good" entries get printed out and are judged anonymously (by crossing out the Habbo name).

From there, a group of staff members vote their top picks, which ultimately determines the winner of each competition.

With the new honor point system, participants who ranked top favorites among staff still have an opportunity to win a prize while still being recognized for their outstanding room design.

So it would take possibily over 30 competitions to get a Gold Trophy. I do not think this will affect the prices of the Trophies.

frenchy
25-06-2010, 06:30 PM
Yeah, .com had it for a while. Nobody really won anything though haha

Warchamp7
25-06-2010, 07:51 PM
To get a honor point you have to win a competition/event?

Isn't that the whole point.. for those who can't win a competition/event? =S

Winners get the prize. Honorable mentions that didn't actually win get honor points.

JACKTARD
25-06-2010, 08:02 PM
I don't enter any of their competitions anyway so this won't affect me at all.

Sharon
25-06-2010, 08:44 PM
Unfair if we didn't come from the US :S

Sarah
26-06-2010, 04:13 PM
Im confused, so if you enter a competition but you don't win you get points instead? Those points can be added up (after basically losing? in other competitions) to get a prize..?
is this right or is it the winners that get the points...

Ajthedragon
26-06-2010, 04:14 PM
Im confused, so if you enter a competition but you don't win you get points instead? Those points can be added up (after basically losing? in other competitions) to get a prize..?
is this right or is it the winners that get the points...

Yes. :) Winners of competitions may also get points too.

Wonderful
26-06-2010, 04:30 PM
uhm, I'd think they mean Habbo tower trophies since they said "super rare trophies" and surely they'd know the cup ones aren't "super rare" as they were released on habbo AU. (I know the tower ones were too on UK, but that was a long time ago and it's different)

this sounds fun though, atleast you won't go away empty handed if you lose.

Ajthedragon
26-06-2010, 04:59 PM
uhm, I'd think they mean Habbo tower trophies since they said "super rare trophies" and surely they'd know the cup ones aren't "super rare" as they were released on habbo AU. (I know the tower ones were too on UK, but that was a long time ago and it's different)

this sounds fun though, atleast you won't go away empty handed if you lose.

They're gold cups, the image on the group is cups. :)

Okeanos
26-06-2010, 06:25 PM
ugh at prize

-paul.
26-06-2010, 06:45 PM
Was used on SG and was successful

Arron
26-06-2010, 07:08 PM
They're gold cups, the image on the group is cups. :)

yeah this :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!