PDA

View Full Version : [eS] New Habbo Fansite Layout!

Matthew
27-06-2010, 09:08 PM
Hey! Just finished another layout, and imo its much better than my first :)

Rate /10? Anything I can improve on? (this is only my 2nd ever layout :P)
http://i48.tinypic.com/2nu0qh2.jpg
Ill also be selling it if anyone wants it, post below or pm if interested :D:P

Matt

Jack!
27-06-2010, 09:11 PM
Wow, that is loads better than your first, But you can still tell its a paint job :(

C&C

Try adding some shading, i know its awkward in paint, but its makes the outcome alot better
and center you text, have it all following the same lines

Matthew
27-06-2010, 09:12 PM
Wow, that is loads better than your first, But you can still tell its a paint job :(

C&C

Try adding some shading, i know its awkward in paint, but its makes the outcome alot better
and center you text, have it all following the same lines
so would i add shading to the content boxes? is that what you mean?
from the first, i added shading to the titles of the boxes, do you mean add it to the inside aswell?

Matt

Trigs
28-06-2010, 01:33 AM
You're improving considerably.

Try using a different colour pallete. The colours used in that layout look like the default colour options in paint.

Also it's a bit small, try making it bigger?

Matthew
28-06-2010, 04:38 PM
You're improving considerably.

Try using a different colour pallete. The colours used in that layout look like the default colour options in paint.

Also it's a bit small, try making it bigger?
I can assure you that they're not default colours :P
and I'll try to make it bigger next time, thanks :)

Sharon
28-06-2010, 06:11 PM
I like it Matt but yeah the shading xD Overall a good layout!

Matthew
28-06-2010, 06:11 PM
I like it Matt but yeah the shading xD Overall a good layout!
thanks! :D

DannLea
28-06-2010, 09:00 PM
For a second layout, this is brilliant. I give you a 7/10.

To improve it, I would dim down the colors. I'm not talking all the way down to a pastel color, but I would take it down so it's not quite as bright as it is now. I know, you head everywheres, "Bright colors attract the eye!", but you'll find that with most websites, especially with Habbo Fansites, you don't want the prime colors in excess.

Again, great color for a second job!
~Dan

Matthew
28-06-2010, 09:11 PM
For a second layout, this is brilliant. I give you a 7/10.

To improve it, I would dim down the colors. I'm not talking all the way down to a pastel color, but I would take it down so it's not quite as bright as it is now. I know, you head everywheres, "Bright colors attract the eye!", but you'll find that with most websites, especially with Habbo Fansites, you don't want the prime colors in excess.

Again, great color for a second job!
~Dan
Wow, thanks!
Ill take the colours i use into consideration more next time, thanks for the advice.
+rep <3

Apolva
28-06-2010, 10:27 PM
Use Volter/Volter Bold for the box titles instead of Arial, then put a white outline around the text, would definitely improve it IMO.

lolwut
03-07-2010, 03:08 PM
The colors are a little too vibrant and hurt my eyes just a little bit, maybe if you got some color schemes off a color scheme generator website? I.e. http://colorschemedesigner.com/ and used some colors from there, that would maybe make the colors a bit easier on the eyes? :)
In every other respect it is good, perhaps some of the content boxes are a little too small and the right-hand column feels very packed and stuff. Nonetheless this is good, is it coded? :)

.:TRUTHSTAR
04-07-2010, 05:32 PM
NICE LOVE THE BARS

Hok.
04-07-2010, 06:35 PM
Dear User
Please add me on msn so we can talk about this deal my MSN Is [email protected]
Thanks

dbgtz
04-07-2010, 06:54 PM
looks a bit too much, too messy. Try make it a little more simplicity

thumbs up though for not doing a normal design.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!