PDA

View Full Version : DEV; Website Ideas!

Luke367
30-06-2010, 07:05 PM
Hello,
I would like to move on from habbo fansites i don't what to do this all my life if you get me, I would like to dev a good website. Do you guys have any ideas? I was thinking off an uploader site like HabboUpload but an NON-Habbo one so you guys can use it without adding HABBO in the URL.

Just post idea below and ill +REP you. Pointless ones and ill just -REP easy, ;]

Thank you for reading.
Luke367

Calvin
30-06-2010, 07:16 PM
I wouldn't use the upload site because I only trust websites such as TinyPic as they're more likely to not delete your images. Maybe make a site all about you, and have games etc. on it?

Luke367
30-06-2010, 07:39 PM
I wouldn't use the upload site because I only trust websites such as TinyPic as they're more likely to not delete your images. Maybe make a site all about you, and have games etc. on it?

Like miniclips or something? If i make a upload site. I would never look at the images uploaded unless someone reports an image or something if you get me but +REP anyway.

Thank you
Luke367

Luke
30-06-2010, 07:50 PM
Like miniclips or something? If i make a upload site. I would never look at the images uploaded unless someone reports an image or something if you get me but +REP anyway.

Thank you
Luke367

He means that Tinypic and imageshack are less likely to shut down, and loose the images - so uploading sites usually fail, since the bigger companies have the monopoly.

deceased10
30-06-2010, 07:54 PM
Hello,
I would like to move on from habbo fansites i don't what to do this all my life if you get me, I would like to dev a good website. Do you guys have any ideas? I was thinking off an uploader site like HabboUpload but an NON-Habbo one so you guys can use it without adding HABBO in the URL.

Just post idea below and ill +REP you. Pointless ones and ill just -REP easy, ;]

Thank you for reading.
Luke367

I suggest not going with imagehost, there are so many out there. Maybe a video game review site or something

Kasey

Luke367
30-06-2010, 07:55 PM
Ok.
Thank you guys! ;]

Calvin
30-06-2010, 08:06 PM

Thank you
Luke367Yeah, either an arcade with videos, pictures, games and everything or just a website about you and have games on it and a gallery for days out or whatever? :)

Trigs
30-06-2010, 10:28 PM
Don't bother with the image host.

LMS16
30-06-2010, 11:30 PM
Hot or not website :)

I like to rate things :)

Lew.

Trinity
01-07-2010, 07:58 AM
Hello,

Thank you for reading.
Luke367

Make something that you enjoy doing, if it gets popular then yay, if not then at least you haven't wasted your time doing something you don't enjoy.
What do you enjoy doing?

Tenbeta
01-07-2010, 10:45 AM
Honestly unless you've got the money, team and the skills there's no point in pursuing a big project like an Image host, a review site, an arcade. As unless you can provide quality the bigger sites will always knock you down, and I've had that first hand through my millions of projects here.

Your best bet is to get some cheap hosting (I'd reccomend SimplexWebs. 99p for 2GB space and 200GB Bandwith) and a domain, set up a blog of somesort, maybe host the odd flash game or video, but you're better off starting on a smaller project and building experience than jumping straight into the deepend.

Luke367
01-07-2010, 11:41 AM
Honestly unless you've got the money, team and the skills there's no point in pursuing a big project like an Image host, a review site, an arcade. As unless you can provide quality the bigger sites will always knock you down, and I've had that first hand through my millions of projects here.

Your best bet is to get some cheap hosting (I'd reccomend SimplexWebs. 99p for 2GB space and 200GB Bandwith) and a domain, set up a blog of somesort, maybe host the odd flash game or video, but you're better off starting on a smaller project and building experience than jumping straight into the deepend.

I all ready client with SimplexWebs for my other website TalkingHabbos.net but i what to move on from habbo sites if you get me...

Tenbeta
01-07-2010, 11:53 AM
I all ready client with SimplexWebs for my other website TalkingHabbos.net but i what to move on from habbo sites if you get me...

I get you entirely mate, I was in your shoes a while ago and I started off by designing layouts and joined a Social Network project named Flyxa, I then attempted to setup my own design studio and several other projects haha. Just start off small with a non-habbo blog and build your way up mate :D

Luke367
01-07-2010, 12:19 PM
I get you entirely mate, I was in your shoes a while ago and I started off by designing layouts and joined a Social Network project named Flyxa, I then attempted to setup my own design studio and several other projects haha. Just start off small with a non-habbo blog and build your way up mate :D

Ok.
Thank you mate so much,
Luke367

Hitman
01-07-2010, 01:20 PM

If you are serious about something and have the skills/knowledge then GO FOR IT, forget money for now, it's not a huge factor until you getter bigger. Everything starts off small and many small projects that are intended to just be small projects end up big (look at Facebook).

If you're only going to half heartily make a site and work on it then there's no point, but if you really want it to work well and be good then go for it.

Tenbeta
01-07-2010, 01:43 PM
If you are serious about something and have the skills/knowledge then GO FOR IT, forget money for now, it's not a huge factor until you getter bigger. Everything starts off small and many small projects that are intended to just be small projects end up big (look at Facebook).

If you're only going to half heartily make a site and work on it then there's no point, but if you really want it to work well and be good then go for it.

I'm sorry, that is crap. Any project nowadays which has any chance to get big requires funding and a good website to boot. You cannot go off the fairy tail moral speech "You can do anything if you try!" in something like this...

Hitman
01-07-2010, 07:12 PM
I'm sorry, that is crap. Any project nowadays which has any chance to get big requires funding and a good website to boot. You cannot go off the fairy tail moral speech "You can do anything if you try!" in something like this...
To start something needs peanuts - if you have the skills to create a website and promote it, then you're on your way. If you have business know-how then that's even better. Money will help, but it is not needed to startup. Facebook didn't have initial funding - did they get investors? If so then it's possible with other websites.

You CAN be successful if you know what you're doing and really REALLY put your mind to it.

If you really think you need lots of money to start up something big then you don't know much at all. I don't know much, but I know this. Money will help, of course it will and I'm not disputing that, but it is NOT essential providing you get something up and running that is decent and you know what you're doing. Money can come to you.

Tenbeta
01-07-2010, 07:13 PM
To start something needs peanuts - if you have the skills to create a website and promote it, then you're on your way. If you have business know-how then that's even better. Money will help, but it is not needed to startup. Facebook didn't have initial funding - did they get investors? If so then it's possible with other websites.

You CAN be successful if you know what you're doing and really REALLY put your mind to it.

That last sentence is obvious, you still need funding for hosting, domain or whatever, MONEY is essential in starting a website or a business!

Hitman
01-07-2010, 07:43 PM
That last sentence is obvious, you still need funding for hosting, domain or whatever, MONEY is essential in starting a website or a business!
My point exactly. Yes and they cost peanuts, as I said. You are saying it needs big money - and don't say that isn't what you meant as you already said he should buy hosting and a domain and start small!

Of course money is needed, but not a big amount. You could easily create something for £20 per year. Providing you know what you're doing and you have the skills, big amounts of money are not needed.

Trinity
01-07-2010, 07:50 PM
Of course money is needed, but not a big amount. You could easily create something for £20 per year. Providing you know what you're doing and you have the skills, big amounts of money are not needed.

Money isn't needed at all, if you're really dedicated (and cheap) you can find ways around it. Build the site yourself, use a free host (or get friendly with the owner of a hosting company and then ask for a freebie), offer to do work for someone in exchange for a domain, or offer to pay for it with habbo furni or something.
There's always a way to build a website without spending a single penny.

Hitman
01-07-2010, 08:01 PM
Money isn't needed at all, if you're really dedicated (and cheap) you can find ways around it. Build the site yourself, use a free host (or get friendly with the owner of a hosting company and then ask for a freebie), offer to do work for someone in exchange for a domain, or offer to pay for it with habbo furni or something.
There's always a way to build a website without spending a single penny.
Yes, but you're not going to get 'big' or well known with a free host and a free domain. Some money is needed, but as I said it's PEANUTS, less than £20 would do you for hosting & a domain.

Trinity
01-07-2010, 08:06 PM
Yes, but you're not going to get 'big' or well known with a free host and a free domain. Some money is needed, but as I said it's PEANUTS, less than £20 would do you for hosting & a domain.

Like I said, if you don't want to be seen to be using a free host, become friends with the owner of a normal hosting company and ask for a favour. The domain won't be free, you'll get it in exchange for doing work or something. It will be just like paying for everything, but of course it's free and takes a tiny bit more effort.
You'll have just as much chance of becoming well known as you would if you paid for everything.

Hitman
01-07-2010, 08:13 PM
Like I said, if you don't want to be seen to be using a free host, become friends with the owner of a normal hosting company and ask for a favour. The domain won't be free, you'll get it in exchange for doing work or something. It will be just like paying for everything, but of course it's free and takes a tiny bit more effort.
You'll have just as much chance of becoming well known as you would if you paid for everything.
Yes if you do that then you would, but when you said free I assumed you were on about free web hosting and a .tk domain. Those things are "free" if you do favours for people or jobs, but in the end they still cost somebody money. If you do that then yes, you'll have the same chances as others.

Luke
01-07-2010, 08:30 PM
I fail to see how people can't afford a £5 domain, not exactly your life savings (:

Trinity
01-07-2010, 08:35 PM
Yes if you do that then you would, but when you said free I assumed you were on about free web hosting and a .tk domain. Those things are "free" if you do favours for people or jobs, but in the end they still cost somebody money. If you do that then yes, you'll have the same chances as others.

Well I did explain it in my first post, about paying for the domain and stuff. I'm not sure how you managed to get confused, but I apologise if the way I worded it caused any confusion.
The money that the other people spend on the domain would have been spent on hiring someone to do the work they need anyway, and it will probably cost them a lot less than just hiring someone, so in the end it actually saves money for all people involved.

Tenbeta
02-07-2010, 12:59 AM
I fail to see how people can't afford a £5 domain, not exactly your life savings (:

Not everyone has Paypal or a card or willing to pay for something like it.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!