PDA

View Full Version : new hxhd rule

scottish
02-07-2010, 01:21 AM
i think we need a new rule for hxhd

basically english or kick

*REMOVED*

It should follow the same rules as on the forum as anyone could come in and start insulting people in a different language and i highly doubt any of the staff know what they're saying unless they have to translate everything *REMOVED* but i could easily be rude and get away with it as hxhd staff has no idea what i'm saying so it's just stupid not to have such a rule in place where as even on the forum we have the rule about english only except in specific forums so i think it should be repeated onto habbo and make people speak english in habbox help desk.

Edited by Mr-Trainor (Forum Super Moderator): please do not be rude towards other forum members.

9y
02-07-2010, 01:22 AM
I am obliged to agree.

scottish
02-07-2010, 01:23 AM
I am obliged to agree.

Good decision

,Lexiilu
02-07-2010, 01:25 AM
scott, i don't appreciate being targetted in your post.
also, i think this is ridiculous, i mean i understand it is an english speaking hotel but a bit of foreign language doesn't hurt?
and obviously if staff are speaking it then they aren't saying anything bad as they can have their words screenshotted and checked
i understand it isn't necessary for constant speaking of another language but i disagree, it should NOT be a rule unless it is rude/inappropriate or obnoxious behaviour.

Josh
02-07-2010, 01:25 AM
I agree. Some people come in and abuse me in another language and get nothing done to them even if I translate for the staff. :(

,Lexiilu
02-07-2010, 01:27 AM
if we can understand you at that very moment, obviously you will be scolded for it?
that doesn't mean that they aren't warned after what they have said is translated
if someone is being rude to you, pm david with a screenshot and what it means.
simple as.

scottish
02-07-2010, 01:32 AM
Having to translate EVERY SINGLE LINE that someone says because they are foreign is hardly practical way to spend staffs time in HxHD

That'd be like removing the hxf rule and having staff translate 200 posts a day just to make sure they aren't rude...

It's a waste of staffs time and isn't fair on other people in the room who don't speak that language as they're left out.

So i say kick the foreign speaking people

And i didn't target you at all, i simply said hi to you in the middle of the post as i knew you would be reading it :)

Moh
02-07-2010, 01:35 AM
A bit harsh to kick them :P

,Lexiilu
02-07-2010, 01:37 AM
scott you specifically tell me about how i "afk so much in the desk and need to leave"
and you said it right after that specific line
coincidence? i don't think so.

anyways. i'm not arguing about this, it's not my decision :) leave it up to general management and david.

hah
02-07-2010, 01:37 AM
you're allowed use other languages on the forum now
but yeah i think it should be a rule
and lol at the lexi bit

scottish
02-07-2010, 01:41 AM
are u lmao

but yeh its stupid as neither the staff or the regular visitors know a word that they're saying and it's annoying

The merge was all ENGLISH speaking hotels so it shouldn't be a problem if its made english only.

Moh
02-07-2010, 01:44 AM
It's not very welcoming thought?

What if they're trying their best to speak english and then you just kick them because they can't speak english.

I go on sites such as habbotimes because their graphic designers are amazing, it's just like getting banned because I don't speak their language.

scottish
02-07-2010, 01:46 AM
If they're trying they're best to speak english then it would be like an idiot typing... it wouldn't be a completely different language....... DIFFERENCE!

Grig
02-07-2010, 01:50 AM
Actually in the past, many other foreign hotels merged with Habbo.com if you may remember things like Russia, China etc. that all closed down. So it would be unfair to say so on a merged hotel. If it was Habbo UK then fine.

Oh and btw nah cause then I can't insult people in foreign languages. lol jks obviously. But I think it shouldn't be a rule as I don't see it to be a big problem anyway.

scottish
02-07-2010, 01:55 AM
Good idea i'll start insulting staff in foreign languages and they won't have a clue what i'm saying, thats basically what you're advertising

As i doubt any staff know languages other than french/german/maybe spanish when the people coming in are like dutch/norwegian and crap

So i could easily start insulting people, half the staff wouldn't be able to tell what language i'm using so.. lol

Last time i checked everything on habbo was in english, no option to change language to russian and crap

And even if staff did translate it, it's not gonna be accurate as they have all the áéíóú and crap which some people might not put then some might so won't translate properly... so only logical decision other than letting people be rude in foreign languages is putting a stop to it using the rule to ensure that no-one can be sly and insult people

HotelUser
02-07-2010, 02:00 AM
I can see both sides to this. It is an English Hotel and our room represents an English only fansite. Foreign languages could be used to abuse other users. Yet at the same time imagine being an innocent Russian or Dutch user and getting booted from the room when you're just being friendly. I guess it's going to depend on how this thread ends up :P

@Scott, I have no problem with you reporting a genuine case where a staffmember is AFK. However, you saying that staffmember's name every ten seconds just to annoy and get them in trouble is a very different story. When you're doing this, they don't have to respond to you, and I've instructed the staffmembers you were doing it to not to respond to your hollow callings of their names.

Grig
02-07-2010, 02:01 AM
Just hire people with linguistical degrees to sit at the desk now innit, pay them a monthly salary etc.

Yeh obv. was joking. It's a two way thing, but has it honestly really been such a big problem. The ocassions I hang out in the desk, I rarely see anyone coming in speaking a foreign language and if they're from outside the English speaking hotel, then they speak some form of broken English.

scottish
02-07-2010, 02:04 AM
Also almost everyone ive seen that needs help is english so coming into a room like this

dno if any of this is swearing coz their 4nrs
http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/9438/screenshot1311.png

wouldn't make me stay around and ask questions, i'd go to the next help desk that isnt full of people speaking some foreign language.

Grig
02-07-2010, 02:10 AM
Oh that normally happens when people from Finland etc. come to habbo.com cause their hotel is down for maintenance. It happens quite a bit. Once happened and they all decided to tune into HxL, can a bunch of foreign requests for foreign songs. Once their hotel is back up, they all flock back there and it doesn't seem to be a problem on the English speaking hotel anymore.

So, I'm guessing that's why they're there.

scottish
02-07-2010, 02:11 AM
It's not as if its rare either it's pretty common, if it was rare then theres no problem really, but idk wtf they're saying so for all i know they could be rude to me and nothings going to get done as no-one understands them.

Josh
02-07-2010, 02:24 AM
Also almost everyone ive seen that needs help is english so coming into a room like this

dno if any of this is swearing coz their 4nrs
http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/9438/screenshot1311.png

wouldn't make me stay around and ask questions, i'd go to the next help desk that isnt full of people speaking some foreign language.

Please no one translate what I said. :(

I was getting really angry at them. :@

,Lexiilu
02-07-2010, 02:30 AM
LOL JOSH

and @Scott, if you have a legit request (or complaint rather) you understand what they are saying, PM David with a screenshot and the translation.

Alkaz
02-07-2010, 02:31 AM
If you don't understand them then I don't see what harm they doing as I doubt anyone is going to speak to them. If they are swearing you're not going to know.
Personal opinion, don't shoot me.

leer34$
02-07-2010, 05:30 AM
Simple, English only or kick.

@ Josh/Wiizzz that's sad. :S

Oh yeah and they were speaking Norwegian.

Chatrinee said 'e you old cows'. What is that meant to mean.

Josh
02-07-2010, 06:14 AM
Simple, English only or kick.

@ Josh/Wiizzz that's sad. :S

Oh yeah and they were speaking Norwegian.

Chatrinee said 'e you old cows'. What is that meant to mean.

What is sad? :( My sadness is irrelevant...

ChickenFaces
02-07-2010, 06:15 AM
I think you would be able to tell if someone is insulting you in another language or being friendly really, and if someone's being mean in another language then kick them! :)

I'm not saying immediately kicking someone because they speak another language, barring other people just because they speak another language isn't very nice. :( It's also kind of discriminatory.

However, I can see the other side of this. If someone was going to insult me in another language then that's really rude and they should be warned accordingly/banned if need be.

I don't think that this is a black or white rule. It's kind of gray matter, and I think it really depends on the situation. If other languages are being used to be rude to others then warnings should be given out.

Molly.22
02-07-2010, 06:24 AM
I don't see a problem with them speaking in a different language. It's only if they're speaking in it to annoy people/spam it, I think we should then take action.

leer34$
02-07-2010, 06:58 AM
Ehh I dunno, just found it sad what you said. :(
'speak English or I will kill your dog ok'

What is sad? :( My sadness is irrelevant...

despect
02-07-2010, 07:41 AM
In a way i do kinda agree that it should be banned, but you can't exactly kick every single person who is typing in another language as you'd probably be there kicking people for quite a long time considering we've only just merged with other hotels that do have other languages. :)

Mathew
02-07-2010, 07:52 AM
I'm lead to agree with this. There's been some Swedish people coming in for the past few days and (while I know they aren't being rude), it does leave the rest of the people in the room rather bewildered.
The majority of foreign users can speak English aswell so I don't know why they just don't speak that :P

xxMATTGxx
02-07-2010, 08:20 AM
I don't think they should be kicked straight away. I think they should be told to speak some English at least and if they don't listen to the staff member and carry on speaking their language, then they should be kicked. IMO

scottish
02-07-2010, 10:33 AM
I think you would be able to tell if someone is insulting you in another language or being friendly really, and if someone's being mean in another language then kick them! :)

I'm not saying immediately kicking someone because they speak another language, barring other people just because they speak another language isn't very nice. :( It's also kind of discriminatory.

However, I can see the other side of this. If someone was going to insult me in another language then that's really rude and they should be warned accordingly/banned if need be.

I don't think that this is a black or white rule. It's kind of gray matter, and I think it really depends on the situation. If other languages are being used to be rude to others then warnings should be given out.

You don't know if someones insulting you, i know i used to insult people in foreign languages back before the merge using portuguese and no-one understood a word i said so i was let off with it, also most translators fail especially if people aren't using the áéíóú things then it'll fail even more

And yeh matt i meant tell them to speak english as its an english only room then kick if they ignore, not just kick soon as someone speaks in another language

Jaiisun
02-07-2010, 10:44 AM
I don't think they should be kicked straight away. I think they should be told to speak some English at least and if they don't listen to the staff member and carry on speaking their language, then they should be kicked. IMO
i thought nobody was going to say this!

by creating the rule, it doesn't mean that if you say 'bonjour', you get kicked. more like, if you're having a full-on conversation in another language (or spamming like the screenie scott posted - which they should be kicked for anyway), they are merely told of the rule and explained why - then, if they continue, you have every right to kick!

as an english-speaking fansite to an english-speaking hotel - is it not contradictory to permit extensive use of foreign languages? hmmm...

xxMATTGxx
02-07-2010, 10:49 AM
i thought nobody was going to say this!

by creating the rule, it doesn't mean that if you say 'bonjour', you get kicked. more like, if you're having a full-on conversation in another language (or spamming like the screenie scott posted - which they should be kicked for anyway), they are merely told of the rule and explained why - then, if they continue, you have every right to kick!

as an english-speaking fansite to an english-speaking hotel - is it not contradictory to permit extensive use of foreign languages? hmmm...

Yeah, I think it would be wrong to kick people straight away for this to be honest. Oh and in a way that isn't "rude", just a friendly advice it is better to speak English on the hotel and what not. As then everyone would be able to understand each other and what not.

Jaiisun
02-07-2010, 11:11 AM
Yeah, I think it would be wrong to kick people straight away for this to be honest. Oh and in a way that isn't "rude", just a friendly advice it is better to speak English on the hotel and what not. As then everyone would be able to understand each other and what not.
Exactly - you can't promote community spirit and whatnot if there's certain people that clearly want to separate themselves from that community!

Adamm
02-07-2010, 11:15 AM
english jobs for english workers

Edited by Mr-Trainor (Forum Super Moderator): please do not post pointlessly.

Kieran
02-07-2010, 01:12 PM
Should do it like we used to do it in guilds on WoW.... simply ask them to speak English if they start speaking in another language. If they ignore the request, they got kicked... Simple :)

myke
02-07-2010, 01:39 PM
i reported some posts in dutch a few weeks ago. i got a pm saying that it's not rule breaking so..

HotelUser
02-07-2010, 03:44 PM
Our rule on this now states that if the user is having a full conversation in a foreign language that the user is to be warned and kicked accordingly. If the user is putting an effort into trying to speak English, then they're allowed to.

It also states that if a user (lets call him Scott) was insulting users in another language, that they receive a warning for being rude as normal :)

scottish
02-07-2010, 03:46 PM
How would you know if im being rude ;)

HotelUser
02-07-2010, 03:49 PM
How would you know if im being rude ;)

because when people see you, someone we know speaks English, has an English motto and posts in English on the forum speaks say German in the room, we're going to know something's up ;)

scottish
02-07-2010, 03:51 PM
Or i could be asking a foreigner to speak english :o

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!