PDA

View Full Version : 3D Television

Crawl
02-07-2010, 11:14 PM
Hello.

3D televisions have recently been released but you will need to wear 3D glasses all the time. so what is the point, 3D glasses start to hurt my eyes when i have had them one for quite a while so if you are having to wear them to watch TV for over 5 hours or something, it will really hurt your eyes.

Also, with the 3D TV's there is no way to set it back to normal TV so you will HAVE to wear the glasses. I suppose they could create like 3D contact lenses but still. it is alot of work just to watch Television.

Thoughts?

xxMATTGxx
02-07-2010, 11:15 PM
What I dislike about 3D is a) The glasses and b) The headaches that you can get after watching like a 3D movie or something. I'm not sure if it will kick off well at all, if they can get rid of the problems with headaches and what not then fantastic.

Nemo
02-07-2010, 11:18 PM
Well if they make it like the 3DS or whatever which is apparently without glasses then it should be good. (dont quote me on the 3ds)

Crawl
02-07-2010, 11:27 PM
@ Mattgarner I dont get headaches but i do get a bit dizzy after taking them off.

peteyt
03-07-2010, 12:47 AM
I wouldn't get a 3D TV myself for ages. Well finacially I can't anyways but I doubt there will be much content in 3D on the Television e.g. SKY, Freeview etc. I guess its more for DVDs although Sky apparently are going to get a 3D Channel or channels.

The problem with 3D is its a gimmick. Lots of films are just 3D to try and make it look kool. And some are re-released just to try and pocket more money. Often the effects are limited. I saw Toy Story 1 in 3D here in the UK and found that most of the film didn't use much 3D - Apparently the Second does and the 3rd will be made from scratch. The problem is some films throw in a few effects but mostly don't have much to show off.

Kieran
03-07-2010, 12:50 AM
Also, TVs that you can watch without the glasses, at the moment need to be watched from the right angle or you can't see anything :l

They had one in Harrods when it was first made and I went to look at it. You can't see anything if you aren't looking straight on at it.

Jam
03-07-2010, 01:09 AM
Short sited/glasses + 3D glasses + lack of programming recorded in 3D + a lack of interest = no.

N!ck
03-07-2010, 01:59 AM
It's not possible to do it without the headaches/dizziness.

Art
03-07-2010, 02:22 AM
I don't get headaches/dizziness but 3D TV still doesn't appeal to me. 3D movies at the cinema are fine though once in a while. Not really interested in it at home on a small screen.

Recursion
03-07-2010, 07:38 AM
I don't get headaches/dizziness but 3D TV still doesn't appeal to me. 3D movies at the cinema are fine though once in a while. Not really interested in it at home on a small screen.

Agreed.

dbgtz
03-07-2010, 07:54 AM
You're saying you can't watch normal tv on a 3d tv?
then whats the point in sky 3d channels if that is true?
source

anyway I personally don't mind, I don't actually mind the glasses. My only problem is that I need normal glasses so itll be dodgy to wear.

Crawl
03-07-2010, 07:58 AM
I think the TV makes all of the channels go 3D by something in its hardware. No channels on SKY atm are 3D

dbgtz
03-07-2010, 08:12 AM
I don't think it is or really the ps3 wouldn't have needed that firmware update so I think TV is viewable in a normal state, if it is the TV that makes it 3D (which I'm sure it's not, I think it just supports it).

Jahova
03-07-2010, 08:37 AM
I will wait until they release the TV's with 3D built into the screen.

Apolva
03-07-2010, 01:07 PM
I remember seeing a 3D TV a few years ago which needed clear refracting glasses to watch the 3D stuff. As a 2D TV you don't need them and the image is just as clear as a regular LCD TV.

Apparently there are two LCDs inside each other for each eye, which makes sense.

N!ck
03-07-2010, 01:15 PM
Of course you can watch normal TV on a 3D TV.

And when watching 3D the parts you see closer to you than the screen are always going to be blurry, which causes the headaches.

,elaboratedolls
03-07-2010, 04:46 PM
Whats the point of 3D tv's?! Most of the "3d" movies nowadays arent even 3d, all they do is hurt your eyes. and yeah, like Crawl stated, once you've got it, theres no going back, unless you buy yet another a 2d tv, which will cost you more money :/ so whats the point. Cause some of your favourite tv shows and movies might be ruined cause of your tv being 3d. Whats the point really of wasting all that money for nothing? Just stick to 2d tyvm.

kk.
03-07-2010, 04:51 PM
there are tv's in development which have 3D content without the need for glasses. Probably in a few years the technology will be able to provide this at a low cost

StefanWolves
04-07-2010, 05:39 PM
whoever said if you have a 3D TV you can't watch non-3D TV is just ************.

3D TV probably will take off, just like HD TV did, because people buy into it and more people have more money than sense.

also it might be worth having one, Sky are pouring millions of pounds into 3D TV at the moment and are bringing out a few Sky 3D channels before the end of the year.

Rapidshare
05-07-2010, 12:12 PM
It doesn't hurt for me, plus you got to remember it's not normal to sit in front of the TV for 4 hours+.

3D channels will be used for when there something going on, such as a movie or a sport channel..not for music videos or your latest eastenders series :/

Apolva
05-07-2010, 08:17 PM
Just wondering, how would you hook up a 3D TV? With 2 HDMIs or some special 3D connector?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!