PDA

View Full Version : How should I make money?

Emotes
04-07-2010, 06:44 AM
I've just started to get back into runescape and I've purchased Membership so I have something to do when I'm bored these holidays.

I have about 1.3m cash which is nothing and I want to know if anyone can help me with a money making method that will work with my levels.

My levels:
http://i50.tinypic.com/219vxo3.png

Quite frankly I'd like something that makes money quick but I'd also like something that is sort of enjoyable and if not enjoyable than something that will help one of my levels rise.

Thanks,
Emotes

Thomas
04-07-2010, 07:31 AM
fishing lobs
slayer
mining
GOP (Great Orb Project)
spinning flax
farming

if you dont like any of them, sorry :)

Emotes
04-07-2010, 08:40 AM
Thanks for these suggestions Version1.8

I may give GOP a go soon and I might give Slayer a go also. Currently mining only like 2.5k off 68.

Thanks again.

Please keep suggesting everyone! :)

MJJ
04-07-2010, 10:15 AM
You could train Slayer, which will also get your combat stats up. You also said you wanted something enjoyable, and Slayer is pretty fun to train as your tasks are always changing - you're not just camping at one place. Once you hit level 60 Slayer, you can kill Abberant Spectres which I reckon are one of the best Slayer monsters out there for cash. They drop a lot of herbs and seeds. Even if you decide to cannon them, you will still end up making a profit.
In between tasks (or whatever you plan to do) you should farm ranarrs. Then you can either use those to make prayer potions and get your Herblore up or sell them straightaway, which will give you a bigger profit.

If you have the charms (which again you can easily get from Slayer), I would recommend getting 57 Summoning so that you can use a graahk and craft nature runes. Runecrafting is much faster using a graahk, and it can be good cash. You also have a chance of making more nature runes now, even if you're not level 91.

Lastly, you could cut yews for cash or mine coal in the Mining Guild. Once you reach level 77 mining, you can mine coal deposits in the Living Rock Caverns which is much better, as there isn't as much clicking.

Aidenn
04-07-2010, 10:32 AM
Firstly) Love you mage haha

Secondly, Its the choice of what stats you enjoy in all fairness, give us a few stats you like and we'll see if we can work around that

Emotes
05-07-2010, 02:00 AM
You could train Slayer, which will also get your combat stats up. You also said you wanted something enjoyable, and Slayer is pretty fun to train as your tasks are always changing - you're not just camping at one place. Once you hit level 60 Slayer, you can kill Abberant Spectres which I reckon are one of the best Slayer monsters out there for cash. They drop a lot of herbs and seeds. Even if you decide to cannon them, you will still end up making a profit.
In between tasks (or whatever you plan to do) you should farm ranarrs. Then you can either use those to make prayer potions and get your Herblore up or sell them straightaway, which will give you a bigger profit.

If you have the charms (which again you can easily get from Slayer), I would recommend getting 57 Summoning so that you can use a graahk and craft nature runes. Runecrafting is much faster using a graahk, and it can be good cash. You also have a chance of making more nature runes now, even if you're not level 91.

Lastly, you could cut yews for cash or mine coal in the Mining Guild. Once you reach level 77 mining, you can mine coal deposits in the Living Rock Caverns which is much better, as there isn't as much clicking.

Thanks for your suggestions MJJ I will certainly get into Slayer more soon.

Firstly) Love you mage haha

Secondly, Its the choice of what stats you enjoy in all fairness, give us a few stats you like and we'll see if we can work around that

Ahaha I love my mage to x).

I like all stats to be honest.. I have to say that combat is probably most enjoyful.

Lost_Addict
05-07-2010, 06:39 AM
I'd recommend slaying green Drags. 2k per green drag hide and 5k per dragon bone

Emotes
05-07-2010, 08:30 AM
True that.

You see I need something that is enjoyable and profitable. I'm trying to get 99 Magic..
Update: I have 2.2m

wizzhan00
05-07-2010, 08:50 AM
chop magics and sell them thats what i do

Lost_Addict
05-07-2010, 09:31 AM
True that.

You see I need something that is enjoyable and profitable. I'm trying to get 99 Magic..

Well i find killing green drags enjoyable and profitable. You obv know the profit. But i enjoy 'cause theres always a chance of a great drop like a 3rd tier clue scroll :D

scottish
05-07-2010, 11:14 AM
slayer .

Aidenn
05-07-2010, 11:31 AM
True that.

Best of luck with that, then you'll be wearing the Smexi cape i wear ;)

OT: If you was stating 'True that.' To Lost_Addicts post about Green drags i suggest you go ahead with it, or go to blue dragons instead rather then going to wildy and having possible rev encounters

Ashley 12344
05-07-2010, 11:40 AM
Deffo farming as well as whatever else you do.

Toadflax are fairly good. Dirt cheap seeds, not a bad price for herbs and they sell quick. 140k worth of Toadflax seeds bagged me around 2.8mil, which in casual play isn't bad.

Aidenn
05-07-2010, 11:42 AM
Deffo farming as well as whatever else you do.

Toadflax are fairly good. Dirt cheap seeds, not a bad price for herbs and they sell quick. 140k worth of Toadflax seeds bagged me around 2.8mil, which in casual play isn't bad.

I used to do this brilliant money if you have the right farming level,
but now i dont do toadflax i've moved onto Wergali

Super Compost + Magic Secs really are a must.

Ashley 12344
05-07-2010, 11:45 AM
Whats the margins and xp on Wergali like? Doing Kwuarm's myself for the XP.

Aidenn
05-07-2010, 11:56 AM
Wergali
XP For Planting: 52.8
XP For Picking: 51.5 (per herb)
Seed cost: 2,255 (and increasing)
Herb Cost: 3080

Your basically make profit from the first herb you pick from each patch.

Kwuarm
XP For Planting: 69
XP For Picking: 78
Seed Cost: 4,555 (and dropping)
Herb Cost: 4,330 (and rising slowly)

Kwuarm gives a far better xp rate.

If this isnt what you ment, -rep me to the stone age :L (jks ;l)

Ashley 12344
05-07-2010, 12:28 PM
Nope, thats exactly what I meant :)

T@R
09-07-2010, 02:18 PM
-looks at your slayer
Barrow
just barrow!
You can make upwards of 10m a day with decent chests, and you'll get good magic exp if you're using slayer dart.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!